Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is D3 college soccer closer to club or HS ball?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If she is not a D2 player then she is likely not a top 30 D3 player. How does one come to the conclusion that they can play at top levels of one division but not another. You know there is a lot of overlap between division 3 and 2 right? Top D3s can beat lots of D1 .... Even if they don't beat them they can play very respectable against them. You need to visit schools that interest you and see how good (or bad) they are.
    D2....really? Name 5 d2 schools that you would say are good schools. Colorado mins might be the only one.

Comment

D2....really? Name 5 d2 schools that you would say are good schools. Colorado mins might be the only one.

Have to agree - my kid checked out that path and her academics are much stronger than just about any school on the list. That exploration lasted maybe 20 minutes. She's certainly smart enough to know that playing soccer isn't worth giving up anything educationally. Plenty of D1 and certainly D3 options for smart soccer players

Comment

I think Bentley and Stonehill are reasonable academic D2 schools. They aren't nearly on the same level as any of the NESCAC schools and any soccer money they can give would hardly make them worth it in an apples to apples comparison.

I will say that's very strong student could probably get a strong financial package between merit and athletic money so it could be a very good value.

Comment

You are an idiot. I have a daughter playing at a school that isn’t Harvard or Stanford. Her career options are not limited because she isn’t at those schools. She happens to go to a highly selective New England school. Not my definition, but a commonly accepted one. Great alumni network with high starting and median salaries for grads. Pretty sure she will do fine.

More correlation has been found to sat score than college attended when looking at post graduate success. Said another way for less educated guys like you. If you have a 1600 sat score, whether you go to Harvard or umass doesn’t effect your likeliness of success.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/grap...lue-university Take a look at 1270 of 1275 on this list! Shocking!
          This could be the worst list I've ever seen. Michigan in the 55th percentile? And Bentley in the 99th? Really? FWIW I'm a Bentley grad and I don't buy it!

Comment

I think Bentley and Stonehill are reasonable academic D2 schools. They aren't nearly on the same level as any of the NESCAC schools and any soccer money they can give would hardly make them worth it in an apples to apples comparison.

I will say that's very strong student could probably get a strong financial package between merit and athletic money so it could be a very good value.
            C'mon now. Most of the top D3 schools in NESCAC don't offer merit. If your kid is interested in pursuing a business path, I'd say Bentley vs a NESCAC school is a very good option.

As for Stonehill, that's a safety school for most kids with strong academics.

Comment

School is overrated. Being the best soccer player you can be needs to take precedence.

Comment

C'mon now. Most of the top D3 schools in NESCAC don't offer merit. If your kid is interested in pursuing a business path, I'd say Bentley vs a NESCAC school is a very good option.

As for Stonehill, that's a safety school for most kids with strong academics.
                Bentley is D2, but their only programs that give athletic money are Basketball and Hockey (I think), certainly not soccer. Merit money offered was more than any athletic money for most D1's and better than anything from NESCAC for non need-based aid. (Men's side)

Comment

This could be the worst list I've ever seen. Michigan in the 55th percentile? And Bentley in the 99th? Really? FWIW I'm a Bentley grad and I don't buy it!
                  I took a flyer on a Bentley grad (client recommendation) and this kid was greased lightening. So I went up to Bentley and hired another in our next recruiting cycle and this kid turned out to be hot sh!t also. Kids are work horses. Props to Bentley.

Comment

I have an 80 minute club player (on a team that has a 20 deep roster) that got very few minutes as a HS player with a history teacher coach. Very smart (NESCAC smart) kid with very high GPA. What's the better barometer of whether she could play DII---the club minutes or the HS minutes? She is interested in 2 NESCAC schools (Colby and Conn College) and one Centennial League School (Gettysburg) Opinions? Academically she can get into all 3.

I would appreciate hearing from parents that had similarly situated kids as opposed to the U16 dad with an "opinion."
                    D3 soccer is as wide and broad as possible.

Top academic schools field some very good
                    teams. Past this group, the level of play drops
                    swiftly and dramatically.

No D3 team, with maybe the exception of the top 5,
                    could even come close to competing with an
                    elite, destination U-16 club team and giving a decent
                    match.

Simple answer, go for the highest academic
                    institution that is best fit for your kid.

Forget soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      d2....really? Name 5 d2 schools that you would say are good schools. Colorado mins might be the only one.
                      snhu.

Comment

snhu.
                        Most FCIAC schools pummel d3 programs. No contest.

Comment

You're crazy. Bad D3's maybe, but any decent D3 will pummel almost all of the FCIAC schools and top 25 (probably top 50) D3 will beat STJ all day long and on Sundays too.

Comment

You're crazy. Bad D3's maybe, but any decent D3 will pummel almost all of the FCIAC schools and top 25 (probably top 50) D3 will beat STJ all day long and on Sundays too.
                            The top of D3 would beat any ct HS team- i dont know what the number is but the bottom of D3 wouldnt stand a chance

Comment

SNHU is D2, won national titles and excellent business school.

Comment

This site is for obsessed parents justifying their decisions by maligning other programs. They have no idea what they are talking about. If you really want the answer, go to the school, watch the practices/games, go to ID camps. There are significant ranges in quality of teams and quality of players within the teams. None of those teams seem particularly strong but you have to know where you daughter fits in with the existing/incoming line. D3 teams include some top players who prioritized academics and you have to understand the caliber of players in her position.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X