Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I dont know-the All state lists are out they seem pretty long- What ?shes not on any of them???? thats odd
    You are not following. Get up to speed or stay off TS.

Comment

You are not following. Get up to speed or stay off TS.
      oh i got it- you think your DA princess is better than everyone - thats fine
      but there are plenty of lists and she aint on them
      she is however on one good list -staying on that list is very hard but if she does manage to stay on it makes all the other lists moot

Comment

Talking-soccer

oh i got it- you think your DA princess is better than everyone - thats fine
        but there are plenty of lists and she aint on them
        she is however on one good list -staying on that list is very hard but if she does manage to stay on it makes all the other lists moot
        Doesn't everyone make all state? We live on shoreline and there's some pretty terrible soccer players making all state and I mean terrible. Stick with academy if your kids are there

Comment

Doesn't everyone make all state? We live on shoreline and there's some pretty terrible soccer players making all state and I mean terrible. Stick with academy if your kids are there
          All those m and s schools. They deserve half of what LL and L get, otherwise you are right. You have a higher probability of being all state in a smaller school if you get the same number of kids named all state as the larger population schools. Ciac guys probably don’t understand that math, so I don’t expect it to change

Comment

I agree the shoreline is horrible

Comment

Everyone does not make all state. The coaches association all state and all region picks are based on coaches nominating their own players. Each school is given a certain number of slots on the all state team. Then the coaches pick all region from that group. The entire process is the result of negotiations amongst the coaches. It’s a great honor but also very subjective. Like any post season awards some players are deserving and some are not.

Comment

Wait till you see the all NE and AA’s from the northern part of the state when they come out.

Shocking politics at its best. Just watch.

Comment

Everyone does not make all state. The coaches association all state and all region picks are based on coaches nominating their own players. Each school is given a certain number of slots on the all state team. Then the coaches pick all region from that group. The entire process is the result of negotiations amongst the coaches. It’s a great honor but also very subjective. Like any post season awards some players are deserving and some are not.
                  I mean old Lyme is not very good. 2 players could see field at any L school. And their coach knows nada. Old school kick ball and this team represents with players that won't play college ball.

Comment

Apparently everyone except your daughter judging by your bitter comment.

Comment

Apparently everyone except your daughter judging by your bitter comment.
                      Whoa. My crappy daughter did make it. Believe me she stinks. Great kid, but terrible player. 1st team all state isn't what it use to be

Comment

Whoa. My crappy daughter did make it. Believe me she stinks. Great kid, but terrible player. 1st team all state isn't what it use to be
                        be happy she is the queen of turd mountain- the best of the worst in class S
                        good to be the queen

Comment

What should CIAC do? Exclude classes just because they're perceived to be worse? If that could happen without bias (hah!) then many schools wouldn't make states either (eg tech schools who have great records but get bounced once they play other schools). It's either all in and relatively fair, or inject far more bias and politics each year to determine who is "worthy."

Comment

What should CIAC do? Exclude classes just because they're perceived to be worse? If that could happen without bias (hah!) then many schools wouldn't make states either (eg tech schools who have great records but get bounced once they play other schools). It's either all in and relatively fair, or inject far more bias and politics each year to determine who is "worthy."
                            Easy...base on class of play, which is based on population size of girls in the school. S should have least amount of kids. M the next and so forth. Class S if you try out, you make the team. Class LL, you have talented players that would make an S varsity team and be top 5 player playing JV.

I would love to see Glastonbury jv play class s schools and destroy the majority of them.

Comment

It would be interesting to see the graduating class breakdown for all the levels

Comment

It would be interesting to see the graduating class breakdown for all the levels
                                The youth movement has begun!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X