Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you guys are fools if you think they won't hire someone with UCONN ties. It's a must in this situation. He has at least 10 women he has coached that are great coaches today at big time programs, either as assistants or head coaches.

Just don't hire a bloated ego like Ray Reid
    Why is it a "must"?

Comment

They can't compete in the ACC for soccer or for academics vs many of the others. A Power player who can play at Duke or NC is very unlikely to chose UCONN.
      Duke and NC are taking 8th and early 9th grade YNT players from the camps. Many flame out. A savy coach with a good eye can recruit the players that show up on the u20 rosters those are the ones who could carry UConn forward. It's not like they have never been successful. I am telling you from experience the ACC label carries much weight. The school and location are not bad from a national stand point. The right coach could easily have carried this program forward and may very well in the future. The difference maker kids definitely care in which conference a school plays. ACC is a bump up.

Comment

Duke and NC are taking 8th and early 9th grade YNT players from the camps. Many flame out. A savy coach with a good eye can recruit the players that show up on the u20 rosters those are the ones who could carry UConn forward. It's not like they have never been successful. I am telling you from experience the ACC label carries much weight. The school and location are not bad from a national stand point. The right coach could easily have carried this program forward and may very well in the future. The difference maker kids definitely care in which conference a school plays. ACC is a bump up.
        UNC currently ranked #2, Duke #4. Obviously a few of those early recruits are working out for them. Yes I agree ACC carries weight, but you also don't want to be a losing program in a top conference. Ask BC how that's working out for them.

Comment

So your definition of successful is being ranked higher than UNC and Duke every year? By the way, UNC are successful largely because of an international player this year. By the way where was Savannah Mckaskill and the USC kids carrying that team to success in the U14,14,16,17 YNT programs? Not saying the YNT kids are always flaming. I am saying that the country does not include as many qualified kids as there are available and a good coach can flush them out and build a great team as they have in South Carolina for example.

Comment

UNC currently ranked #2, Duke #4. Obviously a few of those early recruits are working out for them. Yes I agree ACC carries weight, but you also don't want to be a losing program in a top conference. Ask BC how that's working out for them.
            Except many of the kids on those teams were not 8th or 9th grade commits. Dont let facts get in the way. Unless you have a kid at the very top end of this stuff, you really have no clue how much latitude and time they have. The best ones dont have to commit early . they can really take their time becasue the schools will and do wait.

Comment

Except many of the kids on those teams were not 8th or 9th grade commits. Dont let facts get in the way. Unless you have a kid at the very top end of this stuff, you really have no clue how much latitude and time they have. The best ones dont have to commit early . they can really take their time becasue the schools will and do wait.
              So what you're saying is that you "have a kid at the top end of this stuff". Got it, thanks for imparting your knowledge.

Comment

So your definition of successful is being ranked higher than UNC and Duke every year? By the way, UNC are successful largely because of an international player this year. By the way where was Savannah Mckaskill and the USC kids carrying that team to success in the U14,14,16,17 YNT programs? Not saying the YNT kids are always flaming. I am saying that the country does not include as many qualified kids as there are available and a good coach can flush them out and build a great team as they have in South Carolina for example.
                I agree with the majority of what you say, but be careful on SC. Not a great team. A ream built around a player that can score at the College level. Like U Conn was with Hill and Ribeiro . Im not convinced they are a great team.

Comment

So what you're saying is that you "have a kid at the top end of this stuff". Got it, thanks for imparting your knowledge.

Not at all. i just see how many kids from this area commit to the schools people trot out here and given the numbers. Im amazed how many EXPERTS there are.

Comment

I wonder if the new coach honors his verbal commitments? The recruits they've been getting just aren't getting it done. I hope they hire a new coach who is a great talent evaluator.
                    There is plenty of (mismanaged) talent.

Comment

All of Duke's marquee players in 2018 and most of their 2019 I think also committed in their 9th grade year. UNC I think also for their 2018

One of the most underrated players in the NE is comitted to SC. Not her dad, not even same club, just always surprised when she's left out of YNT camps.

The one known late recruiter is actually swanson. Whether the kids can delay is another question. Usually they do not. The process is stressful and many want it over with.

Comment

Dukes and NCs of the world can take a few flyers on 8th and 9th graders. Every commit is a stud, so it's ok if you miss on some of the young ones.

Comment

Here's a candidate: MM

Comment

Or Anson Dorrance..... ;)

Comment

SD has only been at Princeton a few years and is unlikely to leave while the program is building good momentum. There's loads of candidates out there. They don't have to have a tie to UNCONN or CT at all. That isn't how it works at this level.
                              Loads of candidates? Such as? Who do you think is going to go to UConn in their crap conference. The program is in free fall. They need a master recruiter who is also a good game coach. Maybe a D1 Asst Coach would go there, but that's rolling the dice. They need someone with experience because a few more poor seasons and you can stick a fork in the program. Which circles back around to, who would leave a good D1 program to go to UConn unless they have ties to the school (former player), or ties to CT (previously mentioned SD). My guesses for pool of candidates: MR (current Asst), SB (GW Head Coach, former UConn Asst, former player, MFM (Head Coach, Miami, former UConn player), SD (Princeton with ties to the state. All would be terrific. Who else? DC? MD? Asst from BC? Another ACC Asst coach from outside the area? Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. UMass open as well.

Comment

Loads of candidates? Such as? Who do you think is going to go to UConn in their crap conference. The program is in free fall. They need a master recruiter who is also a good game coach. Maybe a D1 Asst Coach would go there, but that's rolling the dice. They need someone with experience because a few more poor seasons and you can stick a fork in the program. Which circles back around to, who would leave a good D1 program to go to UConn unless they have ties to the school (former player), or ties to CT (previously mentioned SD). My guesses for pool of candidates: MR (current Asst), SB (GW Head Coach, former UConn Asst, former player, MFM (Head Coach, Miami, former UConn player), SD (Princeton with ties to the state. All would be terrific. Who else? DC? MD? Asst from BC? Another ACC Asst coach from outside the area? Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. UMass open as well.
                                I'm pretty sure you're allowed to name names of adults on here, just sayin'.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X