• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Len Tsantiris Retires

discuss....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    discuss....
    now if the other one retires UConn will be in a much better place.

Comment

I wonder if the new coach honors his verbal commitments? The recruits they've been getting just aren't getting it done. I hope they hire a new coach who is a great talent evaluator.

Comment

They are getting a new, really nice, stadium. That will help tremendously with the recruiting. I know UConn keeps trying to get into the ACC, that, along with a new competent coach and the new facility, would be the ticket to greatness for sure.

Comment

I wonder if the new coach honors his verbal commitments? The recruits they've been getting just aren't getting it done. I hope they hire a new coach who is a great talent evaluator.
          I think that's as much up to the AD as anything. Some departments require all commitments be kept, others just the seniors, others none at all.

Comment

I hope they keep commitment to Yankee/St. Joe's girl. Definitely a strong player. Don't like seeing a CT kid having to go through process in 11th hour

Comment

I hope they keep commitment to Yankee/St. Joe's girl. Definitely a strong player. Don't like seeing a CT kid having to go through process in 11th hour
              Which one? The 9th grader or 11th?

Comment

Evaluating talent is one thing, attracting it is another. A coach has to be part salesman to attract top talent. Right now the school and the soccer program doesn't have the cache to bring in top talent. Some things about the school are also out of his control (Storrs doesn't appeal to every one; the lawsuit doesn't help either. Granted, new coach but the school agreed to booting the player and is being sued). UCONN moving to the ACC would be a bad move. BBall is the only sport they could hope to compete in, "maybe" football. They should stick with where they are so they could hopefully dominate that.

As for honoring the commitment a gentleman would at least honor the class of 18s commitments but make it clear anything after that is on the table. Of coure not all coaches are gentlemen. I'm sure there are lots of phone calls going on right now. UCONN needs to fill it quick because uncertainty definitely won't help recruiting

Comment

They are getting a new, really nice, stadium. That will help tremendously with the recruiting. I know UConn keeps trying to get into the ACC, that, along with a new competent coach and the new facility, would be the ticket to greatness for sure.
                  First I've heard of a new stadium. Do you know when it will be done and where it will be located (I assume current field site)?

Comment

First I've heard of a new stadium. Do you know when it will be done and where it will be located (I assume current field site)?
                    https://www.theuconnblog.com/2017/11...tball-stadiums

Comment

Which one? The 9th grader or 11th?
                      The 11th grader. The 9th grader is verbally committed to Villanova.

Comment

Evaluating talent is one thing, attracting it is another. A coach has to be part salesman to attract top talent. Right now the school and the soccer program doesn't have the cache to bring in top talent. Some things about the school are also out of his control (Storrs doesn't appeal to every one; the lawsuit doesn't help either. Granted, new coach but the school agreed to booting the player and is being sued). UCONN moving to the ACC would be a bad move. BBall is the only sport they could hope to compete in, "maybe" football. They should stick with where they are so they could hopefully dominate that.

As for honoring the commitment a gentleman would at least honor the class of 18s commitments but make it clear anything after that is on the table. Of coure not all coaches are gentlemen. I'm sure there are lots of phone calls going on right now. UCONN needs to fill it quick because uncertainty definitely won't help recruiting
                        Completely disagree

Moving to the ACC with a good coach and a great facility would boost recruiting tremendously. With that woudl come greater success. The weird American conference is a major negative for most recruits. many top players only consider ACC schools. A move to the ACC, new facility and competent coach and UConn would be in the middle ACC tier before three years with a chance at the top by 5. Your comment is based on what they are now. What they could be is a lot more.

Comment

JM will have no problems landing somewhere else! JN will make sure of that knowing him he is already wheeling and dealing on her behalf! Master of spin! Wouldn't surprise me if she ends up somewhere in big east or at BC

Comment

Completely disagree

Moving to the ACC with a good coach and a great facility would boost recruiting tremendously. With that woudl come greater success. The weird American conference is a major negative for most recruits. many top players only consider ACC schools. A move to the ACC, new facility and competent coach and UConn would be in the middle ACC tier before three years with a chance at the top by 5. Your comment is based on what they are now. What they could be is a lot more.
                            They can't compete in the ACC for soccer or for academics vs many of the others. A Power player who can play at Duke or NC is very unlikely to chose UCONN.

Comment

the 11th grader's commitment is verbal as well. they are all until Feb 1 of senior year.
                              things like this - a coach leaving - is why recruiting so early becomes riskier. *hit happens.
                              the timing isn't ideal but can be done for the right player. certainly other coaches understand the situation

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X