Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The responses may be directed at different clubs - NYCFC & LISC. I believe some responses were directed at LISC if they willingly gave their "blessing" for kids to play HS and GDA. In that case, the club is breaking the rules so they can get enough kids to survive.
    Yes if a club knowingly looks the other way? Sorry they deserve to be booted. And really, do you want to be playing for a club that breaks the rules? LISC has been a cluster from the get go. If they did allow it then they shouldn't have the badge to begin with. Any parent allowing it should be ashamed as well. Giving up HS is very important to some players and breaking the rule is a slap in the face.

Comment

Yes if a club knowingly looks the other way? Sorry they deserve to be booted. And really, do you want to be playing for a club that breaks the rules? LISC has been a cluster from the get go. If they did allow it then they shouldn't have the badge to begin with. Any parent allowing it should be ashamed as well. Giving up HS is very important to some players and breaking the rule is a slap in the face.
      The club (LISC) does indeed know and 100% gave their blessing. There were several kids not willing to give up school ball, that the club had to convince to join GDA claiming they'd get them a waiver to play school ball. Fine, kids got the waiver and would "sit out" GDA while playing school ball.

Oh but then the club strong arms the kids into playing the GDA games too, basically threatening them that their spot on the team won't be held for them if they don't play in the Fall, but they should go ahead and finish the school season too! "Finish" a season that has barely started, lol.

Comment

The club (LISC) does indeed know and 100% gave their blessing. There were several kids not willing to give up school ball, that the club had to convince to join GDA claiming they'd get them a waiver to play school ball. Fine, kids got the waiver and would "sit out" GDA while playing school ball.

Oh but then the club strong arms the kids into playing the GDA games too, basically threatening them that their spot on the team won't be held for them if they don't play in the Fall, but they should go ahead and finish the school season too! "Finish" a season that has barely started, lol.
        If they really did then I agree they should be kicked out. Sorry for the kids impacted but I wouldn't want my kid playing for such a scum organization either. the adults who let this happen (club, parents, HS coach) should be ashamed. It's a terrible lesson to teach the kids.

Comment

If they really did then I agree they should be kicked out. Sorry for the kids impacted but I wouldn't want my kid playing for such a scum organization either. the adults who let this happen (club, parents, HS coach) should be ashamed. It's a terrible lesson to teach the kids.
          HS coach is new, played when USYS was top of the heap and has no idea what GDA is. I actually feel for the playerS, they made it clear to their club that they wanted to play school ball. To tell them that it was OK but then threaten them with being dropped from the team, puts the kids in a crappy situation.

The club should be ashamed, because they are completely aware and are pushing the kids to break the rules because they can't field teams in GDA without them. Pathetic

Comment

Where are the parent's priorities? HS soccer takes up a good deal of time by itself. GDA takes up a good deal of time by itself. Put them together and how much time and energy would a kid have for things like, hmm, school and homework?

Comment

Where are the parent's priorities? HS soccer takes up a good deal of time by itself. GDA takes up a good deal of time by itself. Put them together and how much time and energy would a kid have for things like, hmm, school and homework?
              A lot of kids are skipping GDA "training sessions"...

Comment

How much more time does GDA training take than HS Soccer in the fall?

Comment

How much more time does GDA training take than HS Soccer in the fall?
                  It's supposed to be 4 times per week (1.5 hours per session minimum) + one game per weekend. So in other words, quite a lot. Hs can vary but usually you're either practicing or playing 5-6 days a week, with 2 games per week average, sometimes even three. Any player trying to do both is setting themselves up for overuse injuries, exhaustion and homework not getting done. Besides the poor quality of HS soccer there's a reason USSF wanted it gone - you can't do both and do both effectively

Comment

HS coach is new, played when USYS was top of the heap and has no idea what GDA is. I actually feel for the playerS, they made it clear to their club that they wanted to play school ball. To tell them that it was OK but then threaten them with being dropped from the team, puts the kids in a crappy situation.

The club should be ashamed, because they are completely aware and are pushing the kids to break the rules because they can't field teams in GDA without them. Pathetic
                    Unless the HS coach has been living on Mars I find that doubtful that he didn't know. Totally agree the club holds most of the blame - if they promised waivers and then didn't deliver it's they should have kept their word and not pressured players.

Comment

Unless the HS coach has been living on Mars I find that doubtful that he didn't know. Totally agree the club holds most of the blame - if they promised waivers and then didn't deliver it's they should have kept their word and not pressured players.
                      I don't think a lot of HS coaches know much about or care much about club soccer.

Comment

A waiver is granted to a GDA Club member to play HS soccer instead of the GDA fall season. it is not permission to do both.

There are also examples of kids with NO waivers who have chosen to play HS soccer and try out for DA teams after the Fall season.

I dont understand why any of this is ambiguous.

Comment

A waiver is granted to a GDA Club member to play HS soccer instead of the GDA fall season. it is not permission to do both.

There are also examples of kids with NO waivers who have chosen to play HS soccer and try out for DA teams after the Fall season.

I dont understand why any of this is ambiguous.
                          Sounds like LISC shoulders most of the blame - along with parents and players who go along with it. If a club told my kid to do so i'd tell them to fu@k off. From the CT board - assume it's here as well?

NY poster here, and I have pictures, lol. I actually had no idea some of the kids were playing GDA and was taking pictures of my kid and her team playing their 1st game. It's also being recorded by msg varsity, some are already listed with goals and assists. And I can tell you people within the club itself are PO'd.

My kid knows 3 players on LISC GDA teams (different age groups). 2 are concurrently playing school ball, 1 is not. The one who is not was one of the first players to sign onto LISC GDA, followed the rules, told HS coach she wasn't playing and notified ODP that she wouldn't be participating this year. As the clock ticked on, LISC didn't have enough players to field teams and started "giving out waivers" for school ball to a bunch of kids who had initially declined their LISC GDA offers. So a bunch of kids, after a lot of convincing, end up joining LISC GDA last minute. So, OK at least LISC has rosters, but still not enough players to field teams because so many kids on the rosters are "waived" to play school ball. So, LISC coaches tell them they have to play GDA games because they don't have enough players and that it's OK that they're playing school ball and to just "don't tell anyone".

So now, you have the kids within the club that DID give up school ball, irate that other kids are allowed to do both at the same time and the club doesn't care. Then you have the other kids from another local club who are dual rostered for LISC and their original club who plays in NYCSL who LISC said haven't made a permanent committment to GDA yet and are playing on both teams concurrently. Then there's the kids from LISC that are still planning to go to ODP tournament in November. Yes all of these kids played GDA games last week for LISC. It is indeed a mess there.

Comment

Not LI per se but scuttlebutt on BOTN is an NYCFC player is doing GDA AND high school simultaneously. If true that will go over like a fart in church with USSF and college coaches.
                            One of them is an NYCFC 18/19 player who is playing both - she couldn't hide it as she is Irvington's leading scorer and its well documented in the newspaper! Just checked on website and she is still on NYCFC GDA roster...

Comment

One of them is an NYCFC 18/19 player who is playing both - she couldn't hide it as she is Irvington's leading scorer and its well documented in the newspaper! Just checked on website and she is still on NYCFC GDA roster...
                              She is off the team and has been since the issue was discovered. Move on, nothing to see here.

Comment

She is off the team and has been since the issue was discovered. Move on, nothing to see here.
                                They will just put her back in the roster when HS is over (which is what they should have done in the first place )

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X