Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston Globe All Scholastic

Congrats to those who earned honors from the globe. A lot of overlap with the herald but some new faces as well. Good to see a GK gets some recognition.

El Globo

There's a paywall.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/sc...r?refresh=true

I would have given POY D1 to Sr Grillakis who had a pretty good career. Do I think the 2019 keeper won because it's Brookline? Yes.

Comment

Are the all stars Boston Globe all stars, or are they listed by league because they are league all stars?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        There's a paywall.

I would have given POY D1 to Sr Grillakis who had a pretty good career. Do I think the 2019 keeper won because it's Brookline? Yes.
        As if the world needed another reason to avoid the Globe.

Comment

The MVP is a game changer at a position that is rarely recognized by the Globe All Scholastics or anyone else. I can find goal scorers all over the state year in and year out. Elite defensive players are very hard to find. Elite leaders even harder to find. Well deserved and recognized.

Comment

There's a paywall.

Surprised that the Globe didn't think much of the Norwell all Americans to the point of honoring her team mate and excluding her altogether. Rare that a Stars player gets short shifted by any newspaper in this state especially the globe.

Comment

Well deserved and recognized. "
              -------------------------------------
              Mc Elroy went from not making all-scholastic--so-- to MVP--jr--? Grillakis had one of the top-10 careers in EMass history and got to the final while losing on disputed goal in lousy weather. The Keeper may be an awesome talent for all I know. She also may have had outstanding backs in front of her? Was anyone marked like Grillakis was in Ma? I doubt it.

My point was that she was selected more due to her HS. If Grillakis scored 34 g for Newton North do you think she would be MVP? The Globe states that they "select by the sports staff."

Comment

Well deserved and recognized. "
                -------------------------------------
                Mc Elroy went from not making all-scholastic--so-- to MVP--jr--? Grillakis had one of the top-10 careers in EMass history and got to the final while losing on disputed goal in lousy weather. The Keeper may be an awesome talent for all I know. She also may have had outstanding backs in front of her? Was anyone marked like Grillakis was in Ma? I doubt it.

My point was that she was selected more due to her HS. If Grillakis scored 34 g for Newton North do you think she would be MVP? The Globe states that they "select by the sports staff."
                She was Co- MVP of her league. Her her league didn't feel like she was head and shoulders above her own teammate. And yes other players were marked like her and weren't surrounded by great players like she was. She has accumulated many well deserved accolades but let's not act like she was somehow slighted.

Comment

She was Co- MVP of her league. Her her league didn't feel like she was head and shoulders above her own teammate. And yes other players were marked like her and weren't surrounded by great players like she was. She has accumulated many well deserved accolades but let's not act like she was somehow slighted.
                  Jason will make it up to her by getting her Gatorade player of the year. Will that make you feel less slighted?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistere
                    Jason will make it up to her by getting her Gatorade player of the year. Will that make you feel less slighted?
                    Let’s just agree that the people who posted here are awful all around. Look in the mirror, men, and grow the eff up.

Comment

The league blew that one too. Pretty sure EG was part of every one of the Co- MVP goals.

Comment

No Cavino from B-R? Ouch.

Comment

The league blew that one too. Pretty sure EG was part of every one of the Co- MVP goals.
                          I’ll agree with part of your Statement. The league blew. And I’m pretty sure that AR was involved in almost all of EGs goals. The league was so historically poor that They awarded CC 8 league all stars. That should tell you about how strong the competition was.

Comment

No Cavino from B-R? Ouch.
                            She’s not on either list which should tell you something. Sometimes a player will get overlooked on one or the other but being left off both the Globe and Herald is telling.

Comment

I’ll agree with part of your Statement. The league blew. And I’m pretty sure that AR was involved in almost all of EGs goals. The league was so historically poor that They awarded CC 8 league all stars. That should tell you about how strong the competition was.
                              No disrespect to AR but we all know EG was the best player there.

Also are you saying that EG or AR didn't deserve MVP cause the league sucked? 7 of the 8 will play soccer in college. The other D1 college in another sport. So unless the college coaches have no clue sounds like these players are pretty good whether the league sucked or not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X