X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Troll from armeda..haha
    Which part of 1, 2, or 3, is not truthful or do you even care to bother with facts? It is easier to shout ARMADA, ARMADA, ARMADA. You still suck and are one huge money scam. Your ED not only had to leave the state of Texas where he was paid over 200K but the entire region no less. And his old club is still smoldering. lol

Comment

Leave it to FESAs to brag about being better than a team they have not played yet. And NPL no less! I guess when your ECNLs stink, you got to beat your chest about something. Neither Armada nor FESAs girls have much to brag about but Armada's boys DA would own FESA ECNL and it ain't even close.
      I think the point is that the person who started this thread is likely an Armada person - too many things posted that Armada people always say - same phrases, same comments about coaches, and too one-sided for a person from Ft Myers to write. I've been on this site long enough to see these similarities - esp from ex-FESA parents.

Comment

Sure can’t wait to see the FESA-Armada games, ECNL and NPL. You may be sorry you left.

Comment

First of all, this question is about NPL, so if you are ECNL or DA snob, just move along please. We get that you are great and everyone else should quit soccer.

Our club was up this weekend from Ft. Meyers playing FESA at Veterans on Saturday. We lost to them 1-0. My daughter plays U13. Some observations:

1) The FESA coach was some guy with Brit accent. He literally shouted direction on every play to every player on his team the entire game.
          2) FESA plays a physical game. Some borderline shoving but you get away with what the refs allow and it seems Veterans refs let it go.
          3) On a regular basis, the FESA defenders especially center-back would kick the ball randomly downfield. Often with no pressure and the ball hardly playable to anybody flying off the ground. Their parents would cheer this like it was a good play.

So some questions. I realize this is not ECNL but FESA is supposed to be a very large club in the state and NPL is the next level team. PLEASE do not turn this into a FESA bashing thread since there are many others of those to choose from.
          1) Is it common at the U13 level and/or above for coach to be constantly directing his players how to play and what to do? There are extremes where some coaches sit and watch. This guy was other extreme. I am familiar with this at much younger age groups but less so this age.
          2) Are U13 NPL teams coached or expected to settle the ball in the back when they can and connect a playable pass normally? I get you want to clear the ball under pressure perhaps but it seems to me U13 should have ball skills to normally not randomly kick the ball downfield one touch.
          3) As a parent, would you rather your team lose trying to develop better play or just be happy for the win no matter what it takes especially early in the season?

Thoughts?
          1. I was on the other field - I did not hear the coach constantly directing. I maybe heard him yell at one or two players a few times.

2. Aggressive is good. Maybe your team isn't aggressive - you'll learn. Did the Ref call any fouls? I saw a few free kicks from the other team so i'm assuming yes, there were calls made. Maybe the opposing team was being nasty and this player had enough. Rarely is a player dirty just for dirty sake. Seems their back line was able to keep goals out of the net.

3.. Sometimes teams do play long ball, esp if they get pressured. They are still learning the bigger field and getting a sense of how hard / soft to kick - at least that's what happened with my daughter a few years ago. Maybe it wasn't random? Maybe there were a few bad balls - heaven forbid an 11/12 year old make a mistake. Glad you're not that girl's father - brutal...with a parent like you your child will probably quit before having to hear your negative comments.

Comment

Exactly!!

Comment

I think the point is that the person who started this thread is likely an Armada person - too many things posted that Armada people always say - same phrases, same comments about coaches, and too one-sided for a person from Ft Myers to write. I've been on this site long enough to see these similarities - esp from ex-FESA parents.
              "I've been on this site long enough..". Does that mean you are one of FESA's website/social media monitors that constantly blames and points the finger at Armada as defense for everything screwed up with your own club that you can't defend or explain without calling names or blaming somebody else? Expert at analyzing posts and language? I figured so. Get a life you loser.

Comment

1. I was on the other field - I did not hear the coach constantly directing. I maybe heard him yell at one or two players a few times.

2. Aggressive is good. Maybe your team isn't aggressive - you'll learn. Did the Ref call any fouls? I saw a few free kicks from the other team so i'm assuming yes, there were calls made. Maybe the opposing team was being nasty and this player had enough. Rarely is a player dirty just for dirty sake. Seems their back line was able to keep goals out of the net.

3.. Sometimes teams do play long ball, esp if they get pressured. They are still learning the bigger field and getting a sense of how hard / soft to kick - at least that's what happened with my daughter a few years ago. Maybe it wasn't random? Maybe there were a few bad balls - heaven forbid an 11/12 year old make a mistake. Glad you're not that girl's father - brutal...with a parent like you your child will probably quit before having to hear your negative comments.
                1. Glad you were on other field. Maybe you had better perspective than me watching my daughters game.
                2. Never said FESA was playing dirty but they seem to play very aggressive, which is good if refs let you get away with a lot of it, which Veterans refs seems to tolerate. I have seen other refs call it very tightly so depends on refs.
                3. The constant long balls I witnessed were mostly without pressure. Not trying to criticize any players. Mainly wondering about the coaching and do they teach this at many clubs?

Honestly, I was not trying to bash FESA or promote another club. Just wanting to get some feedback from others, and mostly not FESA people since I don't expect them to be objective necessarily but rather get defensive or dismissive or attack another club in town.

Comment

NPL is Rec, who cares.
                  NPL is a good league. In the end the girls playing GDA or rec will end up at the same place. GDA and ECNL in FL are very weak. The GDA teams cannot play at a national level. So for someone on this site to rip kids for playing at different levels is a fool. The fact that they are still playing soccer and enjoying the game at ANY level is a good things.

Brit coaches are here in the USA for a reason, they can con American parents and make money for a while, and move from club to club after they are found out to be frauds. AH at FC Prime is a great example of this. Brits don't even want Brits coaching their youth soccer so we end up with the rejects.

Comment

"I've been on this site long enough..". Does that mean you are one of FESA's website/social media monitors that constantly blames and points the finger at Armada as defense for everything screwed up with your own club that you can't defend or explain without calling names or blaming somebody else? Expert at analyzing posts and language? I figured so. Get a life you loser.
                    Signed C "Hazelbutz" S

Comment

I thought the U13 NPL team was Mark Forrester. Unsure who SH is.

Comment

This is definitely a troll post:

1. Fort Myers people know how to spell Fort Myers

2. Fort Myers people only come on here to talk and laugh about how s**t Cape Coral are

Comment

This is definitely a troll post:

1. Fort Myers people know how to spell Fort Myers

2. Fort Myers people only come on here to talk and laugh about how s**t Cape Coral are
                          Yes. Absolutely troll. You got it deputy dog. Great job.

So does that FESA NPL team have a coach that constantly hollers directing his team's players? Does that team play with some excessive physical play to make up for lack of technical skill? Does that team have defenders kick the ball downfield randomly when not under pressure? TROLL TROLL TROLL

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2346811]Yes. Absolutely troll. You got it deputy dog. Great job.

see #24...been answered

1. did not hear the coach constantly directing. I maybe heard him yell at one or two players a few times.

This is the first time a 2nd level 2006 Girls team has gotten so much talk on here. Maybe it's a team to really watch in the coming seasons then, huh? Why else all the sudden interest?

Comment

I thought the U13 NPL team was Mark Forrester. Unsure who SH is.
                              How do you know this and why should we care?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2346827]
                                Yes. Absolutely troll. You got it deputy dog. Great job.

see #24...been answered

1. did not hear the coach constantly directing. I maybe heard him yell at one or two players a few times.

This is the first time a 2nd level 2006 Girls team has gotten so much talk on here. Maybe it's a team to really watch in the coming seasons then, huh? Why else all the sudden interest?
                                You got a lame answer and excuse for everything. So basically it is true and everything they say about FESA coaching. Considering FESA could care less about NPL, as you infer, who else should care if you are not ECNL?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X