Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    First of all, this question is about NPL, so if you are ECNL or DA snob, just move along please. We get that you are great and everyone else should quit soccer.

Our club was up this weekend from Ft. Meyers playing FESA at Veterans on Saturday. We lost to them 1-0. My daughter plays U13. Some observations:

1) The FESA coach was some guy with Brit accent. He literally shouted direction on every play to every player on his team the entire game.
    2) FESA plays a physical game. Some borderline shoving but you get away with what the refs allow and it seems Veterans refs let it go.
    3) On a regular basis, the FESA defenders especially center-back would kick the ball randomly downfield. Often with no pressure and the ball hardly playable to anybody flying off the ground. Their parents would cheer this like it was a good play.

So some questions. I realize this is not ECNL but FESA is supposed to be a very large club in the state and NPL is the next level team. PLEASE do not turn this into a FESA bashing thread since there are many others of those to choose from.
    1) Is it common at the U13 level and/or above for coach to be constantly directing his players how to play and what to do? There are extremes where some coaches sit and watch. This guy was other extreme. I am familiar with this at much younger age groups but less so this age.
    2) Are U13 NPL teams coached or expected to settle the ball in the back when they can and connect a playable pass normally? I get you want to clear the ball under pressure perhaps but it seems to me U13 should have ball skills to normally not randomly kick the ball downfield one touch.
    3) As a parent, would you rather your team lose trying to develop better play or just be happy for the win no matter what it takes especially early in the season?

Thoughts?
    You forgot to mentioned the FESA 2005 NPL played the same way just before your game.

Comment

Sounds like Armada may need a little aggressiveness and maybe more than 3 trainings per week
      Or maybe they are trying to improve and not make up for lack of talent with physical play? Those teams will meet in league play so should be interesting clash of styles. Likely a close match and the home team will win based on what the refs allow and don't.

Comment

Must know how many training sessions from last season

Comment

So does not every NPL team train 3 days a week? You into conspiracy theories? What exactly? I understand you FESAs are butt hurt, but seem a little sensitive there bud.
          I have no idea how many practice sessions other teams or clubs or cities have. Sounds like you're the one with a... how did you say?... hurt butt? (whatever that means?!)

Comment

I have no idea how many practice sessions other teams or clubs or cities have. Sounds like you're the one with a... how did you say?... hurt butt? (whatever that means?!)
            3 training sessions a week is pretty standard for most. What is your point?

Comment

You must be trying to defend or substantiate SH style of coaching, losing to a team with no wins.

Comment

I don't agree that you should see much joystick at U13. They play on the big field now. The coach has 3 training sessions a week to teach them how to play. He can't let them do it on their own come game day? This style of coaching holds back player development. Players don't think for themselves relying on coach to tell them what to do. Maybe it might help you win some games but it is more a sign of weakness; you are doing your players a disservice to not let them figure it out after you train them during the week.
                I dont necessarily disagree with you. U13 is first time on big field, coach trying to explain it, can understand it. See these u15 and u16 coaches doing it though, makes my head want to explode.

Comment

You must be trying to defend or substantiate SH style of coaching, losing to a team with no wins.
                  Who is SH? What is his style?

Comment

I dont necessarily disagree with you. U13 is first time on big field, coach trying to explain it, can understand it. See these u15 and u16 coaches doing it though, makes my head want to explode.
                    TRUTH! And it's always clear which U13 team played 11v11 last season and which teams just started this fall.

Comment

So you’re from Ft Myers and watched both 2005 and 2006 FESA , took all these notes in the plays, and played armada but nothing but love for them?? Hmmm.

Comment

So you’re from Ft Myers and watched both 2005 and 2006 FESA , took all these notes in the plays, and played armada but nothing but love for them?? Hmmm.
                        My kid played 2006. I saw part of 2005 game but not much. Not a lot of notes or love on or for anyone. Just pointing out some differences since somebody asked about the other game. Just my opinions.

Comment

Leave it to FESAs to brag about being better than a team they have not played yet. And NPL no less! I guess when your ECNLs stink, you got to beat your chest about something. Neither Armada nor FESAs girls have much to brag about but Armada's boys DA would own FESA ECNL and it ain't even close.

Comment

You forgot to mentioned the FESA 2005 NPL played the same way just before your game.
                            How did the 2005 NPL FESA team do this weekend?

Comment

First of all, this question is about NPL, so if you are ECNL or DA snob, just move along please. We get that you are great and everyone else should quit soccer.

Our club was up this weekend from Ft. Meyers playing FESA at Veterans on Saturday. We lost to them 1-0. My daughter plays U13. Some observations:

1) The FESA coach was some guy with Brit accent. He literally shouted direction on every play to every player on his team the entire game.
                              2) FESA plays a physical game. Some borderline shoving but you get away with what the refs allow and it seems Veterans refs let it go.
                              3) On a regular basis, the FESA defenders especially center-back would kick the ball randomly downfield. Often with no pressure and the ball hardly playable to anybody flying off the ground. Their parents would cheer this like it was a good play.

So some questions. I realize this is not ECNL but FESA is supposed to be a very large club in the state and NPL is the next level team. PLEASE do not turn this into a FESA bashing thread since there are many others of those to choose from.
                              1) Is it common at the U13 level and/or above for coach to be constantly directing his players how to play and what to do? There are extremes where some coaches sit and watch. This guy was other extreme. I am familiar with this at much younger age groups but less so this age.
                              2) Are U13 NPL teams coached or expected to settle the ball in the back when they can and connect a playable pass normally? I get you want to clear the ball under pressure perhaps but it seems to me U13 should have ball skills to normally not randomly kick the ball downfield one touch.
                              3) As a parent, would you rather your team lose trying to develop better play or just be happy for the win no matter what it takes especially early in the season?

Thoughts?
                              Troll from armeda..haha

Comment

FESA pays people to monitor this message board (or maybe they "volunteer" for club hours) and pays the website to remove threads not favorable to them. They can't handle the truth, a little criticisms, or even hard questions without spinning it into some Armada thing. And you notice they don't even bother to deny the allegations. Just attack the message and messengers. That is straight out of the volt playbook.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X