Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GDA will continue to struggle in most regions. It stinks that US Soccer and ECNL could not work together, but money and power ruled the day. The talent level and clubs seem to be spread too thin. I also think most girls don't want to be in a GDA setting as the GDA doesn't have college as the final goal. The majority of girls are have college as their goal and the structure of the GDA doesn't match college soccer.
    This is seriously the dumbest thing I’ve seen written in awhile.
    I would safely assume most girls ecnl and gda girls would like to play college soccer and to say that gda doesn’t gear their players to college is seriously stupid. Want to know why little girls are becoming as$holes because of their parents

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2346758]More DA kids sit the bench

Hater

Comment

This is seriously the dumbest thing I’ve seen written in awhile.
        I would safely assume most girls ecnl and gda girls would like to play college soccer and to say that gda doesn’t gear their players to college is seriously stupid. Want to know why little girls are becoming as$holes because of their parents
        The poster is correct. US Soccer DA and GDA clearly tell the players (parents) that the goal is development for national and pro teams. DA does not care about college soccer. The players, their parents and college coaches might care, but US Soccer does not. College is a back-up plan for male players that can't advance beyond the DA on the boys side. That is the structure. The big problem with the current GDA is the structure doesn't make sense for girls at all. I get the fact that very few boys will move on to the pros, but there is a real pathway, and I can't say the same about girls soccer. What pathway there is for girls at the pro level in the US? NWSL could be gone at anytime as the league bleeding money. Plus you have to have a college degree to play in the league more or less because the player will need to have a job while playing or after playing in the league since the players make no money. The ECNL structure from a playing rules standpoint makes more sense for female players as college is the goal. IMO things were better 3 years ago in girls soccer. Having the DA for boys and ECNL for girls was a better set up.

For anyone that has been involved with both ECNL and DA, there is no doubt the structure is set up better for more players to gain exposure in the ECNL. More players can be seen by college coaches. Top end players benefit more playing in the DA and GDA, and even more so on the boys side.

This isn't an opinion about the ECNL and DA, it is what we have been told working within both systems.

Comment

The poster is correct. US Soccer DA and GDA clearly tell the players (parents) that the goal is development for national and pro teams. DA does not care about college soccer. The players, their parents and college coaches might care, but US Soccer does not. College is a back-up plan for male players that can't advance beyond the DA on the boys side. That is the structure. The big problem with the current GDA is the structure doesn't make sense for girls at all. I get the fact that very few boys will move on to the pros, but there is a real pathway, and I can't say the same about girls soccer. What pathway there is for girls at the pro level in the US? NWSL could be gone at anytime as the league bleeding money. Plus you have to have a college degree to play in the league more or less because the player will need to have a job while playing or after playing in the league since the players make no money. The ECNL structure from a playing rules standpoint makes more sense for female players as college is the goal. IMO things were better 3 years ago in girls soccer. Having the DA for boys and ECNL for girls was a better set up.

For anyone that has been involved with both ECNL and DA, there is no doubt the structure is set up better for more players to gain exposure in the ECNL. More players can be seen by college coaches. Top end players benefit more playing in the DA and GDA, and even more so on the boys side.

This isn't an opinion about the ECNL and DA, it is what we have been told working within both systems.

You clarified your statement by "IMO things were better..." Your truth is your truth but it is not the same for everyone. Though previously an ODP regional player and ECNL starter, my daughter has no aspiration beyond the college level. While ECNL did give that exposure, I will say in her case; she has gotten more looks since the switch last year.

The change was not an indictment on ECNL but rather one of convenience, travel time and staying with her friends the last two years at this level. All that being said, I don't think players or parents look beyond college at any level at the girls side until/unless they are tapped of a National Camp. Then aspiration can change.

Agree that boys view college as a fallback if not drafted.

Comment

You clarified your statement by "IMO things were better..." Your truth is your truth but it is not the same for everyone. Though previously an ODP regional player and ECNL starter, my daughter has no aspiration beyond the college level. While ECNL did give that exposure, I will say in her case; she has gotten more looks since the switch last year.

The change was not an indictment on ECNL but rather one of convenience, travel time and staying with her friends the last two years at this level. All that being said, I don't think players or parents look beyond college at any level at the girls side until/unless they are tapped of a National Camp. Then aspiration can change.

Agree that boys view college as a fallback if not drafted.
            What the hell is this “your truth” garbage? It is either true or not. If your perception of something is not something that happened, your truth is a falsehood. Just a nice way of calling someone a liar? Bless your heart.

Comment

What the hell is this “your truth” garbage? It is either true or not. If your perception of something is not something that happened, your truth is a falsehood. Just a nice way of calling someone a liar? Bless your heart.

Your blessing is not required nimrod and I am not calling anyone a liar. When it comes to DA or ECNL in Florida, very few things are mutually exclusive. If one program doesn't work of one player, it certainly doesn't mean it will not work for others. So instead of trying to clever with your post, try developing you reading comprehension before making an arse out of yourself.

Comment

Who is this “bless your heart” retard? Showing up on many threads and makes me want to throw up in my mouth every time I see it.

Comment

Who is this “bless your heart” retard? Showing up on many threads and makes me want to throw up in my mouth every time I see it.
                  FESA Gin Blossom strutten her stuff on TS.

Comment

the gda girls are strong this year... good job so far

Comment

the gda girls are strong this year... good job so far
                      Still early. Need to see how the reworked FL teams stack up against the GA/NC teams.

Comment

Still early. Need to see how the reworked FL teams stack up against the GA/NC teams.
                        Good results so far

Comment

Good results so far
                          Great program

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X