Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real easy

A discovered a real easy way to solve your problem. Leave FESA. That way you don't have to sit up at night gnashing your teeth because they promised your kid was going on the ecnl team and didn't.
    You don't have to sit in your car or lean against the fence at Veteran's Park pissed off because you were "force volunteered" or "taxed" for the non-profit, only profitable for a few.
    And you won't have to wring your hands thinking about how much Bubb makes or his LLC or wonder why he drags his best teams to far flung places to loose quietly off the SE soccer radar...

Comment

The question is really why does a youth soccer club pay anyone a 6 figure salary? What are they providing to justify that? Coordinating some youth soccer coaches, teams, assigning leagues? Ok... But what it looks like then to an outsider, the goal is to really just make the club as large as possible to make more money. As it is a not-for-profit club, the extra money goes to the club to split how they see fit. Well, who sees that money- the execs, DOC, etc..., but not the families. They may provide some scholarships, but far and wide, they pay $>1k (sometimes 2K) per year for substandard coaching and some league games, there rest the club pockets. I get it, it is a business, but that is what is wrong with this country's soccer programs. It is about charging more to make a profit for adults, make a great living (Ok, 100k may not be what it was, but it is great money for a position that requires no education, only some coaching certificates that anyone can get), which is what makes the pay for play model such a problem, with exorbitant costs that causes many parents to avoid the sport. Before all these mega clubs and these "patch" leagues, like ECNL, leagues formed around local geographic areas, and it seems soccer as a whole did fairly well, at least for the girls/women. I think what happened is, some wise businessman saw the sheer numbers of boys and girls who want to play youth soccer, saw how much parents were willing to spend to do it, and they found more and more creative ways to charge more (these new "Elite" national leagues, with the name implying you needed to pay more), which meant more money for these "not for profit" clubs to rake it and make a fantastic living. I get it, it's no different than the pharmaceutical executive who said he had a "moral" imperative to increase the price of an antibiotic by 400%, because he needed to make his shareholders more money, irregardless that this is an important generic antibiotic that could be used to treat infections worldwide. Please just don't tell this is not about adult greed when these super clubs form and expand, don't use the party line and say it is about the kids and their development and access to bigger and better things. It's about advertising/marketing, competing against rival businesses to make more money. Quality doesn't matter, as evidenced by FESA being one of the largest clubs in the southeast, but what do they really have to show for it, several mediocre teams? I don't see the investment in the club to further development, to recruit the country's best youth coaches, to get the world's best facilities. No, they use county facilities at a markedly reduced rate, and get local people to coach. Again great strategy when your goal is to make $$$$. I appreciate someone said leave FESA if your'e not happy. Where can you go? All the competition is slowly going away due to mergers. I think if FESA and all these clubs feel the salaries are well earned, then it should be advertised to all parents proudly, but yet I've NEVER seen this information posted anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        is this true? 6 figure salary to run FESA? Not for profit,but highly profitable to those running club? any thoughts?
        And you do what? You should check out the full-time staff at Armada. They pay coaches 2k per team. Ask yourself what the directors are getting for retainment of players etc. What happened to the last director. He was making around the same and was involved in extortion!

STFU! :) Kisses to your mum.

Comment

A discovered a real easy way to solve your problem. Leave FESA. That way you don't have to sit up at night gnashing your teeth because they promised your kid was going on the ecnl team and didn't.
          You don't have to sit in your car or lean against the fence at Veteran's Park pissed off because you were "force volunteered" or "taxed" for the non-profit, only profitable for a few.
          And you won't have to wring your hands thinking about how much Bubb makes or his LLC or wonder why he drags his best teams to far flung places to loose quietly off the SE soccer radar...
          you are using a microscope to look at a macro problem. BIG PICTURE

Comment

And you do what? You should check out the full-time staff at Armada. They pay coaches 2k per team. Ask yourself what the directors are getting for retainment of players etc. What happened to the last director. He was making around the same and was involved in extortion!

STFU! :) Kisses to your mum.
            don't care about armada, or FESA, they all do the same. back at ya.... just say it, i want more money, don't care about teaching soccer. why work at mcdonald's with HS education when you can teach soccer poorly

Comment

The question is really why does a youth soccer club pay anyone a 6 figure salary? What are they providing to justify that? Coordinating some youth soccer coaches, teams, assigning leagues? Ok... But what it looks like then to an outsider, the goal is to really just make the club as large as possible to make more money. As it is a not-for-profit club, the extra money goes to the club to split how they see fit. Well, who sees that money- the execs, DOC, etc..., but not the families. They may provide some scholarships, but far and wide, they pay $>1k (sometimes 2K) per year for substandard coaching and some league games, there rest the club pockets. I get it, it is a business, but that is what is wrong with this country's soccer programs. It is about charging more to make a profit for adults, make a great living (Ok, 100k may not be what it was, but it is great money for a position that requires no education, only some coaching certificates that anyone can get), which is what makes the pay for play model such a problem, with exorbitant costs that causes many parents to avoid the sport. Before all these mega clubs and these "patch" leagues, like ECNL, leagues formed around local geographic areas, and it seems soccer as a whole did fairly well, at least for the girls/women. I think what happened is, some wise businessman saw the sheer numbers of boys and girls who want to play youth soccer, saw how much parents were willing to spend to do it, and they found more and more creative ways to charge more (these new "Elite" national leagues, with the name implying you needed to pay more), which meant more money for these "not for profit" clubs to rake it and make a fantastic living. I get it, it's no different than the pharmaceutical executive who said he had a "moral" imperative to increase the price of an antibiotic by 400%, because he needed to make his shareholders more money, irregardless that this is an important generic antibiotic that could be used to treat infections worldwide. Please just don't tell this is not about adult greed when these super clubs form and expand, don't use the party line and say it is about the kids and their development and access to bigger and better things. It's about advertising/marketing, competing against rival businesses to make more money. Quality doesn't matter, as evidenced by FESA being one of the largest clubs in the southeast, but what do they really have to show for it, several mediocre teams? I don't see the investment in the club to further development, to recruit the country's best youth coaches, to get the world's best facilities. No, they use county facilities at a markedly reduced rate, and get local people to coach. Again great strategy when your goal is to make $$$$. I appreciate someone said leave FESA if your'e not happy. Where can you go? All the competition is slowly going away due to mergers. I think if FESA and all these clubs feel the salaries are well earned, then it should be advertised to all parents proudly, but yet I've NEVER seen this information posted anywhere.
              I share your views and most parents likely do. Creeks and the Fury got caught in a hard place. They had to hire a well known director who could bring the two clubs together as one and get them into the higher leagues. At the time, Armada and PV joined and had a monopoly with Orlando City and other clubs to block the little clubs like Creeks and the Fury. The smaller clubs were losing their elite players to the clubs with the higher leagues and "patches". I also believe for the responsibilities Bubb is way overpaid but he did come with the 25 years of running soccer clubs experience and had been at a club that had ECNL or DA and he had a name behind him and was Coach of the Year. If Bubb is not meeting the responsibilities of gaining sponsors, obtaining the best coaches, getting them trained and licensed and retaining the staff, and being competitive in the ECNL league, then he should not get bonuses or have his salary re-evaluated and lowered. The Board needs to take a close look at ways to keep the costs down for all the players and one way may need to bring the salaries of the executives and directors down to where they should be.

Comment

Salary will go up or down depending on if he is fulfilling the responsibilities and doing what’s in the best interest of the FESA players. ...
                When one's salary is pinned to enrollment numbers, doing what's in the best interest of the players becomes contrary to the best interest of management.

Comment

When one's salary is pinned to enrollment numbers, doing what's in the best interest of the players becomes contrary to the best interest of management.
                  Bonuses depend on the number of registered competitive players. Nothing to do with coaching, development, winning. Tryouts are not tryouts at FESA, it’s just team formation. You show up they find a competitive team for you, although I use that term loosely. Then all the focus is put on the top team to get results to market the club even further. ( Not working out great this season, and bringing in guest players from other states shows a lack of respect for the local kids). It’s not a soccer club it’s a business that sells soccer. SB is a very smart businessman for sure, but soccer wise they are being exposed this year as mediocre.

Comment

allegedly, Bubb was making 240k in Texas before that club imploded. He is on his way to 200k with FESA. Now we know why all he cares about is being the bigge$t. More cash for him. What a sleazy money scam FESA is with many lies and "marketing" koolaid.
                    Not the most professional way to put this but there is truth to this statement.

Comment

FESA, WFF, TBU, Orlando City, and so on all have directors that get paid 6 figures. What is sad is the most communication you will see from these directors and staff is how to act as a parent and stay away from the fields. It is laughable.

Comment

Congratulations

Congratulations to the FESA cult member that has the "FESA is abusing St.Johns taxpayers" thread. With over 100,000 views and 2000 posts, you got the TS moderators to delete the thread. All negative comments about FESA erased. Unfortunately, a zebra doesn't change it's stripes...and I'm sure FESA is busy making more disgruntled parents...that will no doubt fill another, and another thread with anti-FESA comments that TS will take down. Soon FESA will be planting moles at Jullington Creek birthday parties to silence dissent.

Comment

Underneath the sunrise
                          Tell me the love lies

Khalid and Normani

Comment

Bonuses depend on the number of registered competitive players. Nothing to do with coaching, development, winning. Tryouts are not tryouts at FESA, it’s just team formation. You show up they find a competitive team for you, although I use that term loosely. Then all the focus is put on the top team to get results to market the club even further. ( Not working out great this season, and bringing in guest players from other states shows a lack of respect for the local kids). It’s not a soccer club it’s a business that sells soccer. SB is a very smart businessman for sure, but soccer wise they are being exposed this year as mediocre.
                            Don’t know how bringing in outside players from WA, ARK, and even FKK who never practiced with the BS team would win nationals. The ecnl rules don’t allow for that and what were they from FKK’s second teams because can’t use other clubs ecnl players. That was an insult to the players within FESA but FESA placated the SJCD coaches and princesses.

Comment

Congratulations to the FESA cult member that has the "FESA is abusing St.Johns taxpayers" thread. With over 100,000 views and 2000 posts, you got the TS moderators to delete the thread. All negative comments about FESA erased. Unfortunately, a zebra doesn't change it's stripes...and I'm sure FESA is busy making more disgruntled parents...that will no doubt fill another, and another thread with anti-FESA comments that TS will take down. Soon FESA will be planting moles at Jullington Creek birthday parties to silence dissent.
                              Yes, this person is a dic in a box. Florida Elite is taking over, we assume constant assault and use it for fuel. What goes around comes around. This loser has posted everyday for the 6 months. Most likely a dic in a box from armada because florida elite has swallowed all the kids that decided to switch clubs after the fall in leadership.

Piss off loser!

Comment

Yes, this person is a dic in a box. Florida Elite is taking over, we assume constant assault and use it for fuel. What goes around comes around. This loser has posted everyday for the 6 months. Most likely a dic in a box from armada because florida elite has swallowed all the kids that decided to switch clubs after the fall in leadership.

Piss off loser!
                                I'd be upset too if I thought someone would catch on that I am grossly overpaid for my job. FYI- I don't live in Jax or have anything to do with armada, I just think it's wrong the direction youth soccer is taking, becoming a business for adults to get rich

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X