Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's how being an adult works. People who think they can resolve issues by venting online are immature and unrealistic. People who man up and go up the chain of command face to face can affect change.

That is such a "duh" concept I can't believe I even have to say it.
    Your comments suggest you have never been through something like this or had to deal with those in charge at a youth soccer club. My experience in doing what you said is that A.) they don't care, B.) you are expendable to the club, C.) they don't care, and D.) they will they further punish your child by having him/her play less.

I'm not sure you watch the news, but do you know "how being an adult works"??? Whose the president??? Sometimes being an adult does not mean as much as you think, because people are not always honest or mature enough to handle certain situations. I only wish we could resolve situations so easily. These message boards are sometimes all people have to vent about problems.

Comment

It's how being an adult works. People who think they can resolve issues by venting online are immature and unrealistic. People who man up and go up the chain of command face to face can affect change.

That is such a "duh" concept I can't believe I even have to say it.
      That's funny!!! Our President reportedly tells a lie 8 times per day on average, 4,229 false or misleading claims in 558 days in office. This is the adult in charge of the country, and you have this fairy tale vision that "manning up"and talking to going up the chain of command is going to improve things?!?!? It can happen, it can be worth a try, but it could make things worse for your kid. I've been there and seen it happen.

Comment

Do you even know what you are talking about? Have you ever been part of SCU? Thats not how it works
        Well then you're at the wrong club

Comment

I can understand if my daughter was not rostered for a match. But - is it fair to NOT tell the player and still have them travel (AND PAY) and make her sit on the bench with hopes of being subbed in at some point? I found out afterwards and my daughter has no idea her coach had no intention of having her play.
          Before going off half cocked, make sure the coach didn't just make a mistake and forget to tell her. They're not always the brightest bulb.

Unfortunately, if it's the club you're claiming you now have outed your kid. So you have nothing to lose in confronting the coach or DOC. Clubs shouldn't take players they seen little potential in and they certainly should give them the option of not travelin games they'll never play in.

Comment

in my experience,primarily the only things that will help improve your child's situation at a youth soccer club (talent not being one of them, as clubs don't always look at that) are if you are a team manager, if you flirt heavily with the coach, or if you pay several times weekly for private training with said coach. i've been part of some big clubs in florida, and those 3 things have really helped quite a few kids get more than their fair share of PT

Comment

Your comments suggest you have never been through something like this or had to deal with those in charge at a youth soccer club. My experience in doing what you said is that A.) they don't care, B.) you are expendable to the club, C.) they don't care, and D.) they will they further punish your child by having him/her play less.

I'm not sure you watch the news, but do you know "how being an adult works"??? Whose the president??? Sometimes being an adult does not mean as much as you think, because people are not always honest or mature enough to handle certain situations. I only wish we could resolve situations so easily. These message boards are sometimes all people have to vent about problems.
              Why then would you stay at this club? Because they have the best team at your daughter's age? What difference does that make if she is not good enough for the team and only sits on the bench? If you believe SCU is this evil when it comes to how they treat children playing soccer, and it is not possible to influence change, why stay? Bring her to a different club or have her play on a lower level team at SCU. Not everyone is talented enough to be starter, but everyone can decide if traveling around the state to not play is best use of their kid's childhood. I wouldn't do it, but plenty do.

Comment

Yes, I've been through this several times with my children over the years and every time I've been satisfied with the result. If the other person isn't honest or mature enough, than they don't get my future business. Maybe I get results because I am calm and rational. The coaches and DOCs I've dealt with have always appreciated that and we've come out the other side the better for it.

Because we have an imbecilic moron for a President doesn't mean I have to sink to his terrifyingly incompetent level. I don't consider his behavior mature in the least. That's no excuse for the rest of us to throw temper tantrums when we don't get our way.

The face to face approach works or it doesn't. But you never know if you don't try. If all you have left is venting on the internet, then you are definitely at the wrong club.

Comment

That's funny!!! Our President reportedly tells a lie 8 times per day on average, 4,229 false or misleading claims in 558 days in office. This is the adult in charge of the country, and you have this fairy tale vision that "manning up"and talking to going up the chain of command is going to improve things?!?!? It can happen, it can be worth a try, but it could make things worse for your kid. I've been there and seen it happen.
                  The only place you've been is in your Dad's Bedroom on all fours.

Comment

the fact that so many people elected a president who apparently is known for his mistruths and lies, and continue to support him, suggests a significant portion of the population do not perhaps have the maturity and capability to have a reasonable discussion as recommended. sadly, the response above is an example of what we find in society, someone incapable of a mature thought. i encourage discussion with DOCs, those in charge, i'm just saying it does not always go very well, because not all people involved in youth soccer actually care about the youths.

Comment

the fact that so many people elected a president who apparently is known for his mistruths and lies, and continue to support him, suggests a significant portion of the population do not perhaps have the maturity and capability to have a reasonable discussion as recommended. sadly, the response above is an example of what we find in society, someone incapable of a mature thought. i encourage discussion with DOCs, those in charge, i'm just saying it does not always go very well, because not all people involved in youth soccer actually care about the youths.
                      Said the Snowflake who can't accept losing.Sorry no losers Trophy for Election night !! youve explained quite clearly that you shouldn't be trying to give advice to anybody but instead be seeking advice.There's plenty of shrinks out there but again you probably don't have the money or insurance to pay for it.That's were Trump supporters come in,to carry your sorry Arses.

Comment

Said the Snowflake who can't accept losing.Sorry no losers Trophy for Election night !! youve explained quite clearly that you shouldn't be trying to give advice to anybody but instead be seeking advice.There's plenty of shrinks out there but again you probably don't have the money or insurance to pay for it.That's were Trump supporters come in,to carry your sorry Arses.
                        i believe statistics and surveys show many of the loyal trump supporters are the less educated, which may actually mean they don't have a job or insurance. i would not expect those people to understand reason, or perhaps know difference between fact or fiction

Comment

talking soccer

Why then would you stay at this club? Because they have the best team at your daughter's age? What difference does that make if she is not good enough for the team and only sits on the bench? If you believe SCU is this evil when it comes to how they treat children playing soccer, and it is not possible to influence change, why stay? Bring her to a different club or have her play on a lower level team at SCU. Not everyone is talented enough to be starter, but everyone can decide if traveling around the state to not play is best use of their kid's childhood. I wouldn't do it, but plenty do.
                          This post is spot on.

Set up a meeting and explain the concern calmly and rationally to the Coach and DOC. Ask if they have a spot on a different team that's more suited for your daughter. If they don't, ask for a release and find a better situation.

If they give you the speech that "she just needs to work harder and then she will be a starter," ask how that helps the new #21 or #22 girl on the team who would then be in the same situation. Then ask for the release.

If they give you the speech that "youth soccer is all about development, your daughter is getting plenty of development in practice" then ask why they aren't all getting fairly equal playing time so they can all "develop" in game situations. If they leave bad players on the bench, their philosophy must be "youth soccer is about winning." Winning games is a great philosophy to have as a club, but they shouldn't lie about "development." Ask for the release.

It's all about money, It's not wrong, money makes the world go 'round. However, many clubs will signup as many kids as they can get away with... and that is wrong. Especially since you have to get the release to get out of it.

Comment

i believe statistics and surveys show many of the loyal trump supporters are the less educated, which may actually mean they don't have a job or insurance. i would not expect those people to understand reason, or perhaps know difference between fact or fiction
                            "I believe". Funny. Why state facts when you can just 'believe" things?

They make more money. They are more solid financially, including insurance. They also give more to charity. They also put up with Obama's lies.

Comment

"I believe". Funny. Why state facts when you can just 'believe" things?

They make more money. They are more solid financially, including insurance. They also give more to charity. They also put up with Obama's lies.
                              Trump approvers are much more likely to be older (approval mid to upper 40s if >50, low 30s under 50), white (50% vs 9-17% minority), male (44% vs 34% female), less educated (44% Hs or less, 32% college grad). Note, this isn't who voted him into office but where his core supporters are NOW. He has lost bigly among women and continues to slide with higher income/better educated households., especially in swing vote suburban communities. He still can't get anywhere with minorities

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ues-and-goals/

Comment

This post is spot on.

Set up a meeting and explain the concern calmly and rationally to the Coach and DOC. Ask if they have a spot on a different team that's more suited for your daughter. If they don't, ask for a release and find a better situation.

If they give you the speech that "she just needs to work harder and then she will be a starter," ask how that helps the new #21 or #22 girl on the team who would then be in the same situation. Then ask for the release.

If they give you the speech that "youth soccer is all about development, your daughter is getting plenty of development in practice" then ask why they aren't all getting fairly equal playing time so they can all "develop" in game situations. If they leave bad players on the bench, their philosophy must be "youth soccer is about winning." Winning games is a great philosophy to have as a club, but they shouldn't lie about "development." Ask for the release.

It's all about money, It's not wrong, money makes the world go 'round. However, many clubs will signup as many kids as they can get away with... and that is wrong. Especially since you have to get the release to get out of it.
                                Good post. Most clubs will cooperate if you are rational and cooperative. Go in with an attitude and they're more likely to tell you to f'off. Depending on what club/league you leave for you may not need the release, but they might still hound you for the money. That's why it's best to try and get them to just let you go. Chances are there's some other sucker willing to write them another check and that's all they care about

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X