Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Schedule is posted

The ECNL Schedule posted this morning. Many venues/times still TBA, but weekends and opponents are posted.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The ECNL Schedule posted this morning. Many venues/times still TBA, but weekends and opponents are posted.
    Nice try, but b league games not that interesting.

Comment

Please don't tell me you find kid soccer games interesting beyond your kids games.

Comment

OMG you're so frigging funny!

Our kids will be enjoying their high school years and winding up in college programs as good as or not better than yours.

Comment

OMG you're so frigging funny!

Our kids will be enjoying their high school years and winding up in college programs as good as or not better than yours.
          Do you need to play on your HS team to enjoy HS?

"As good as or not better" Which means you top out as equal, but not better.

I think most would agree with that.

Comment

Do you need to play on your HS team to enjoy HS?

"As good as or not better" Which means you top out as equal, but not better.

I think most would agree with that.
            Seriously, you want to start the ******* match again? We all know that both leagues are flawed. Make the best choices based on available clubs/coaches/teams/cost/travel and move on.

Comment

Seriously, you want to start the ******* match again? We all know that both leagues are flawed. Make the best choices based on available clubs/coaches/teams/cost/travel and move on.
              GDA parents seem to be the ones trying the hardest to justify their choices. If their KIDS are happy that's all that matters (there seems to be a good deal of parent pushing going on). But in the NE there are only a few clubs that are doing a good job and are attracting talent. The rest are no better and often times weaker than ECNL clubs and have players that couldn't crack ECNL rosters before. That's where it's very tough to justify giving up HS. Even if your HS team is terrible then just don't play in the fall and train on your own. Don't spend all the time and money for a poor quality DA experience.

Comment

GDA parents seem to be the ones trying the hardest to justify their choices. If their KIDS are happy that's all that matters (there seems to be a good deal of parent pushing going on). But in the NE there are only a few clubs that are doing a good job and are attracting talent. The rest are no better and often times weaker than ECNL clubs and have players that couldn't crack ECNL rosters before. That's where it's very tough to justify giving up HS. Even if your HS team is terrible then just don't play in the fall and train on your own. Don't spend all the time and money for a poor quality DA experience.
                I see it completely opposite. ECNL clubs are trash USSF and DA all day every day on every board.

You even say so in your post. You comment:

GDA parents seem to be the ones trying the hardest to justify their choices.
                Then come back and say:

The rest are no better and often times weaker than ECNL clubs and have players that couldn't crack ECNL rosters before. That's where it's very tough to justify giving up HS. Even if your HS team is terrible then just don't play in the fall and train on your own. Don't spend all the time and money for a poor quality DA experience.
                Hypocrite.

Comment

For the love of Mary pick your poison and get on with it. This spat is tiresome

Comment

For the love of Mary pick your poison and get on with it. This spat is tiresome
                    I came here for an argument.

Comment

I came here for an argument.
                      Fair enough. Carry on.

Comment

OP here, I posted this just as a heads up for anyone who is interested.

For the record, my D plays DA. Her former club is an ECNL club, and she left that club to join the DA, even though the DA isn't as strong as a team (Yes she was offered a spot on the ECNL team as well). Monetarily, our choice was obvious as the DA training/travel/etc... is nearly 1/2 the cost of what the the ECNL team would be.

Comment

For the record, my D plays DA. Her former club is an ECNL club, and she left that club to join the DA, even though the DA isn't as strong as a team (Yes she was offered a spot on the ECNL team as well). Monetarily, our choice was obvious as the DA training/travel/etc... is nearly 1/2 the cost of what the the ECNL team would be.
                          OK. That is much more useful information then the schedule. What are the clubs and costs?

Comment

Costs are going to vary wildly from club to club no matter which league you are playing in, ECNL or DA. If your local DA is half the cost of your old ECNL club that's the result of the club inherently being less expensive, not that DA is less expensive.

Comment

Costs are going to vary wildly from club to club no matter which league you are playing in, ECNL or DA. If your local DA is half the cost of your old ECNL club that's the result of the club inherently being less expensive, not that DA is less expensive.
                              Costs go with the club for fees and the league for travel. Ecnl was nice when it had clubs matched in pairs so one overnight, in Boston for example, could cover both games. That was efficient and so cheaper. Have to look at the schedule with these extra teams now. Seems more messed up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X