Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree about the PK. I hate it when people give less credit to a goal scored by a PK. I personally saw many fouls that should have been called a PK this season. Just because a player doesn’t fall down doesn’t mean that a PK shouldn’t be called. A strong player on our team was repeatedly fouled in our games but the ref actually told one of our players that it was ok because that player “could take it”
    Refs are in a tough spot. Calling a PK can be such a game changer especially in the playoffs. Last nights semi is a perfect example. The ref made the call against Londonderry and awarded a PK to Bedford who buried it. Maybe the right call maybe not based on people who saw it up close. Same ref had an opportunity to call one (I thought 2) hand balls on Bedford in the box that the defenders hand was not in a natural position and by rule should have been awarded a PK. One was when the score was 1-0 Londonderry and the other was when it was 1-1. Game changer if call is made and I am sure refs don't want to be the reason a team wins or loses.

Comment

Refs are in a tough spot. Calling a PK can be such a game changer especially in the playoffs. Last nights semi is a perfect example. The ref made the call against Londonderry and awarded a PK to Bedford who buried it. Maybe the right call maybe not based on people who saw it up close. Same ref had an opportunity to call one (I thought 2) hand balls on Bedford in the box that the defenders hand was not in a natural position and by rule should have been awarded a PK. One was when the score was 1-0 Londonderry and the other was when it was 1-1. Game changer if call is made and I am sure refs don't want to be the reason a team wins or loses.
      I agree it is tough to ref. However, the refs are there to make calls based on the actions of the players and refs are not a reason a team wins or loses. A PK in the first min, 30th min or 80th min should be called the same.

Comment

I agree it is tough to ref. However, the refs are there to make calls based on the actions of the players and refs are not a reason a team wins or loses. A PK in the first min, 30th min or 80th min should be called the same.
        In the Exeter/Central game an Exeter player clearly grabbed the shirt of a Central player in box because she was last defender. Central player would have been in one on one with goalie. Ref awarded a direct kick outside box and gave yellow card. He clearly didn't want to change game by awarding PK. OK, but by giving the yellow he recognized severity of foul. Problem is that the proper call is a red card.

I agree with previous poster. Just call the game as the rules command.

Comment

Also a game changer if call is not made.

Comment

In the Exeter/Central game an Exeter player clearly grabbed the shirt of a Central player in box because she was last defender. Central player would have been in one on one with goalie. Ref awarded a direct kick outside box and gave yellow card. He clearly didn't want to change game by awarding PK. OK, but by giving the yellow he recognized severity of foul. Problem is that the proper call is a red card.

I agree with previous poster. Just call the game as the rules command.
            Agreed. It was blatant and the ref's call was confusing.

Comment

Looks like all 4 games in D1 and D2 should be evenly matched. I don't see any clear front runners.

Comment

Almost, Hanover is not a very good team. Concord goalie, their best player, kept them in the game.
                Hanover went 14-3 and finished 3rd. Each loss was 1-0. They beat Bedford and lost to central 1-0 during reg season. Not bad for a team that's 'not very good'.

Which of their 14 wins was against jr.?

Comment

Looks like all 4 games in D1 and D2 should be evenly matched. I don't see any clear front runners.
                  Agreed. Weather will play significant role in Boy's matches.

Comment

Bedford player definitely in the box by at least 2 yards and it was a clear foul. No argument made by anyone.

I also thought there was one hand ball that should have been called against Bedford in the box. But not 2. Still a major non-call especially considering they buried all 5 to win.

Bedford was clearly the better playing team last night. Especially first 25 minutes of each half. They had a strategy and it was working. Probably the first time Londonderry out-possessed this year and outplayed. Not dominated but just outplayed. Pretty big reversal from first game. If they don't win this year, then they are a sure thing next year. No one will touch them...one because they are good and two, D1 soccer will be down next year dramatically. I actually see the scoring 3+ goals on all the good teams next year and 8+ on everyone else. They also may not give up more than 5. With that said, they probably got away with one last night and Central is no pushover. But still pick them to win.

Comment

I was standing on the 18. Foul was close but landed two yards into the box

It’s not where you land it’s where you are fouled. Could’ve gone either way but “clear” is a stretch

Comment

I was standing on the 18. Foul was close but landed two yards into the box

It’s not where you land it’s where you are fouled. Could’ve gone either way but “clear” is a stretch
                        Disagree she fell around the 13...she was clearly in the box. FYI I am a Londonderry supporter as noted probably by the rest of my dialogue.

If she landed two yards in the box her feet and body would have been pretty close to the line. They weren't. Not one single coach or player argued to boot. Sorry.

Comment

Referee absolutely ruining the championship game. I am here just as a fan. Nobody playing no allegiance to either team. But the fat white haired crew cut ref is absolutely wrecking the game. I would bet my house he has a political connection to somebody in New Hampshire soccer. He has no right being on this field

Comment

Referee absolutely ruining the championship game. I am here just as a fan. Nobody playing no allegiance to either team. But the fat white haired crew cut ref is absolutely wrecking the game. I would bet my house he has a political connection to somebody in New Hampshire soccer. He has no right being on this field
                            Ref did give Central the tie goal. Great game. Was good that Bedford prevailed.

Comment

Bedford boys only beat a very average Concord team 2-0, while Central handily beat a very good Hanover team 4-0. Hopefully you live in a tent.
                              Central is a very good team but Bedford just too talented on both sides of the ball.

72 GF / 7 GA (3 to Central) impressive season, congrats to a great Bulldogs team!

Comment

Ref did give Central the tie goal. Great game. Was good that Bedford prevailed.
                                Thought ref was consistent and didnt factor in game. Thought game was well played by Central but in the end Bedfords defense was stellar. They deserve all the credit for turning back the Central attack. It was the key to the game. That and Bedford making the most out of their chances.
                                Again, for me the Bedford D won that game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X