Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Orrrrr, at 11 years old it is quite possible that the girl is better than many boys.
    We will see come August who can actually play or not. My son is with that team and I don't care if you are 8 years old, what your gender is or if your skin is purple. If you can play at the level requisite for U12 DA I look forward to my son playing with and competing against you. Its about the game, learning, developing and playing it at the highest level these boys and girls can. I've seen that girl play and we'll see if she was worthy of a spot or not or where she ranks on the team. If she's better then boys then good for her. The same goes for my son but he knows no matter whose in front of him for playing time or around him on the field that only working hard, playing together and competing is what will get him where he wants to be and his team better. And he will treat everyone equally and with respect, in the hopes he earns that same respect. Girl or boy, purple or orange, tall or short, who cares lets just have fun competing and develop.

Comment

True

True that is. Agree

Comment

Weston 2008 DA for 2018 to 19 season offers 2 Doral players, despite the 2008 PreAcademy team beating the Doral team, spot in DA before offering any spots to its own players. One of those 2 is a girl who plays for Doral.

This will be for the 2007 DA even though they are 2008 and even though other than the game where Weston beat Doral, the 2 players have not had to tryout against any of Weston's own players.

This is why my son plays for another club. What is happening at Weston is clear political garbage and before anyone invests time and money in that program, it is best they know the truth about how Weston treats it's own. It clearly is better to train harder elsewhere and later step in to the DA if that's what you want...but be careful, playing for Weston early on may preclude your kid from advancement within the club.

It also suggests that the training is subpar if the other clubs' players improve so much during the season after losing to Weston that those other players get invited to the DA over Weston's own players.

If you are considering anything less than the actual DA, dont fo to Weston unless your kid can walk to practice.
        I watched this girl play for a week during training. She is fierce non stop, if she loses ball she will not stop until she gets it back. She is raw, running around like a rooster, if they can calm her down train her to stay in her position and like most of the kids mindyou they all swarm to the ball which is strange to me. She has enourmous potential but at some point she will have to move over to girls side

Comment

Originally posted by WeBRealFutbol View Post
          Yes, we have heard the same from our friends in Florida. Weston is known for this. We also heard that Weston rather wants Spanish speaking players or those whose parents are Spanish speaking. If you are 100 percent American, it is best to move to California, Virginia, etc to play. They want you and you will be better.
          Is this true find that hard to believe

Comment

Is this true find that hard to believe
            I disagree

Comment

shes awesome

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X