Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why ARE ECNL parents so bitter?
    You would be bitter too once you found out the DA is positioned and run by US Soccer as the country’s elite platform development & competitive platform for youth players.

These clubs know it:
    BSC/NEU
    Capital
    Westside
    Eastside
    Washington
    Crossfire Oregon
    FC Portland

They all applied and were accepted into a metro version of the little DA, with full knowledge our area has only the Big DA at the NWLS Thorns & MLS Timbers.

Perhaps the (2) clubs in the little DA metro version haven’t clued in the girls side of their club, yet.

This would really send a mixed message to the girls teams & parents for sure, it’s stunning how disconnected a neighborhood club can be. Bitterness and angst is expected when you have been left in the dark being fed untruths.

Comment

Bitterness and angst is expected when you have been left in the dark being fed untruths.

Calm down. The lists will come out as soon as they are ready.

Comment

Calm down. The lists will come out as soon as they are ready.
        Anyone seen a list yet?

Comment

Anyone seen a list yet?
          Yes, we have seen a list. People make them all of the time. Most commonly for things like groceries and other type of errands. I find it surprising that you are able to manage an internet search but have not seen a list. Well, some day...

Comment

You would be bitter too once you found out the DA is positioned and run by US Soccer as the country’s elite platform development & competitive platform for youth players.

These clubs know it:
            BSC/NEU
            Capital
            Westside
            Eastside
            Washington
            Crossfire Oregon
            FC Portland

They all applied and were accepted into a metro version of the little DA, with full knowledge our area has only the Big DA at the NWLS Thorns & MLS Timbers.

Perhaps the (2) clubs in the little DA metro version haven’t clued in the girls side of their club, yet.

This would really send a mixed message to the girls teams & parents for sure, it’s stunning how disconnected a neighborhood club can be. Bitterness and angst is expected when you have been left in the dark being fed untruths.
            Huge difference between boys DA and girls DA. GDA is a useless upstart that's losing all it's top clubs to ECNL, even though it has the full weight of US Soccer behind it. That says a lot about US Soccer doesn't it?

Comment

Huge difference between boys DA and girls DA. GDA is a useless upstart that's losing all it's top clubs to ECNL, even though it has the full weight of US Soccer behind it. That says a lot about US Soccer doesn't it?
              It’s a great point there is a chasm as big as the Grand Canyon between the ‘Big DA’ clubs and professional NWSL & MLS academies compared to our neighborhood club little boys DA leagues.

Even with this great divide in stature and quality our local clubs ambitions to be part of a meaningless little Boys DA are well understood, it’s the DA. US Soccer’s gold standard for youth competition & development.

Maybe that’s why 2 of these little DA league clubs joined the a girls US Club league vs USYS this decision is meaningless as well, but unfortunately comes with a huge price tag for travel.

In the end it’s truly hilarious. Messaging from these clubs is worse than bad Twitter day for Trump.

Good luck with this.

Comment

Anyone seen a list yet?
                They might be still waiting for calls back? Sometimes it’s hard to get parents to answer the phone. I’d try unlisted burner phones if it was me. That way they don’t know who is calling.

Comment

They might be still waiting for calls back? Sometimes it’s hard to get parents to answer the phone. I’d try unlisted burner phones if it was me. That way they don’t know who is calling.
                  I can see timbers kiddie soccer staff at Wal-Mart right now buying a cart load of burner phones. What a great idea, but not really. What other brilliant ideas do you have?

Comment

Your still looking for ECNL lists..

Comment

It’s a great point there is a chasm as big as the Grand Canyon between the ‘Big DA’ clubs and professional NWSL & MLS academies compared to our neighborhood club little boys DA leagues.

Even with this great divide in stature and quality our local clubs ambitions to be part of a meaningless little Boys DA are well understood, it’s the DA. US Soccer’s gold standard for youth competition & development.

Maybe that’s why 2 of these little DA league clubs joined the a girls US Club league vs USYS this decision is meaningless as well, but unfortunately comes with a huge price tag for travel.

In the end it’s truly hilarious. Messaging from these clubs is worse than bad Twitter day for Trump.

Good luck with this.
                      All your senseless blather still doesn't change the fact that GDA is a loser all around and ECNL is still the #1 league in the country. But you clearly don't mind being closely associated with a loser, so go ahead and lose. You're probably pretty used to it by now anyway, being a Timbers lemming caveman and all.

Comment

They've got all their going to get. Not quite enough to fill a roster sheet, and no quality to speak of, but they don't care. It's the GDA, it's the best, right? Just ask them.

Comment

All your senseless blather still doesn't change the fact that GDA is a loser all around and ECNL is still the #1 league in the country. But you clearly don't mind being closely associated with a loser, so go ahead and lose. You're probably pretty used to it by now anyway, being a Timbers lemming caveman and all.
                          Well Timbers alliances clubs are associated with the top or league in this country...

What's your point?

Doesn't make them better and certainly Ecnl made FC Portland terrible.

Comment

I am sure the thorns will get call backs. Patience is important as it might take a while.

Comment

Well Timbers alliances clubs are associated with the top or league in this country...

What's your point?

Doesn't make them better and certainly Ecnl made FC Portland terrible.
                              Not aware of any Timbers Alliance clubs being associated with the ECNL. And if FCP, or CU, put their ECNL teams in OYSA they would win league and state cup handily at every age group.

Does the GDA and Thornz Asylum still exist? With all the big clubs leaving GDA I would have thought they'd have packed it in by now. It's going to look even worse for Thornz this year when they lose every game and can't say "Yeah, but those teams are really good".

Comment

FC Portland ECNL finished in 4th place in OYSA premier.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X