Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who told you that they were “the best players” ?
    Revs take Bolts players and Bolts get better while Revs get worse

Comment

Revs Academy teams are S-O-F-T. It’s systemic failure. “It’s about development, not winning.” How is winning not important? Winning breeds a culture of more winning! If you have all the best players, make them win. Simple. The excuses are exhausting. The culture is crap. Teach the best players to be winners. If they can’t win or don’t care about winning, get players that do.
      How about an academy director that does. Sh*t flows downhill. Don't blame the players.

Comment

How about an academy director that does. Sh*t flows downhill. Don't blame the players.
        Partial blame that they fall for the Revs promises and the allure of MLS. This has been going on for YEARS at the Revs. They're developmental failures.

Comment

So you "heard", clearly you won't there, but you "know" the full story?
          That’s not fair. I didn’t say I knew the full story. What led you to think that? I told you that I had heard about the game, and was responding to someone who was just looking at the score. In any case, much game analysis is open to interpretation. I get that. It’s always been subjective. I heard independently from a Bolts parent (ex Revs) and a Revs parent btw. I was convinced enough to state a few things about the game. I have a kid on a younger Revs team.

I also heard that the Bolts 19s gave the Revs a beating and that the scoreline reflected the game. I also know saying stuff like that on here gets a round of applause, while saying anything positive about the Revs generally receives abuse. If I tell you that the Revs 19s had 2 starters playing - it’s a fact, but it’s not received well because it challenges the anti Revs feelings that a core group have on here. All I can say is that nothing is black and white. The Revs are not perfect, but the organization is fast improving under the new management.

Comment

That’s not fair. I didn’t say I knew the full story. What led you to think that? I told you that I had heard about the game, and was responding to someone who was just looking at the score. In any case, much game analysis is open to interpretation. I get that. It’s always been subjective. I heard independently from a Bolts parent (ex Revs) and a Revs parent btw. I was convinced enough to state a few things about the game. I have a kid on a younger Revs team.

I also heard that the Bolts 19s gave the Revs a beating and that the scoreline reflected the game. I also know saying stuff like that on here gets a round of applause, while saying anything positive about the Revs generally receives abuse. If I tell you that the Revs 19s had 2 starters playing - it’s a fact, but it’s not received well because it challenges the anti Revs feelings that a core group have on here. All I can say is that nothing is black and white. The Revs are not perfect, but the organization is fast improving under the new management.
            The Revs 19s are going backwards. We have too many head cases on our team.

Comment

Again, you weren't there.

Comment

Again, you weren't there.
                What does it matter if he wasn't there? This is a site to talk about soccer. Why can't he talk about what he heard, particularly if he prefaces it by saying "This is what I heard"? He probably wasn't at D-Day either but he has some idea what happened (apologies if you were there!).

Comment

The Revs 19s are going backwards. We have too many head cases on our team.
                  Headcases (among others) are the center back and the midfielder from Milton academy( former Bolts player). Bryan Scales is the biggest headcase of all though. Scales has promoted a culture of player first, team last mentality. Revs USL team is showing the same attributes.
                  Arena needs to send him packing sooner rather than later.

Comment

2 starters playing? The typical excuses from Revs parents. Hey, anything to make you sleep better. 2002/2003 age group, simple. The respective organizations decide who is capable of playing up in age and who can play on the USL squad. Firmnino, Angking and the Japanese bros.are not able to compete. Zachary Hertivaux ring a bell?

Comment

2 starters playing? The typical excuses from Revs parents. Hey, anything to make you sleep better. 2002/2003 age group, simple. The respective organizations decide who is capable of playing up in age and who can play on the USL squad. Firmnino, Angking and the Japanese bros.are not able to compete. Zachary Hertivaux ring a bell?
                      If the Bruins managed their lines better they would win the Stanley Cup every year. Right.

Comment

If I tell you that the Revs 19s had 2 starters playing - it’s a fact, but it’s not received well because it challenges the anti Revs feelings that a core group have on here.
                        This will be a fun exercise.

Post the initials of the 9 missing “starters” and their positions.

Since you’re so well versed it should be easy.

As a side note, if this is your “bench” the scouts should be fired.

Comment

JESUS!

Unless I missed something, these games are scrimmages. Let go of the REVS hate. Your son is playing g exactly where he should be playing, ideally he is happy and is focused on HIS own development, as you should as well. Good luck and I hope your haters find inner peace.

Comment

JESUS!

Unless I missed something, these games are scrimmages. Let go of the REVS hate. Your son is playing g exactly where he should be playing, ideally he is happy and is focused on HIS own development, as you should as well. Good luck and I hope your haters find inner peace.
                            Someone is not happy his/her soccer prodigy got his butt kicked by the Bolts.
                            The Revs organization sucks and it is hard to admit you got tricked into a fake dream.
                            It is going to be a long season.

Comment

This will be a fun exercise.

Post the initials of the 9 missing “starters” and their positions.

Since you’re so well versed it should be easy.

As a side note, if this is your “bench” the scouts should be fired.
                              Still waiting Mr. 2 Starters.

Comment

JESUS!

So Revs players don’t put effort into friendlies. Got it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X