Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think it was more of a shot at Weymouth and how a game against Milton is now considered a big game for the once mighty Weymouth

Bingo!

Comment

I think it was more of a shot at Weymouth and how a game against Milton is now considered a big game for the once mighty Weymouth
      I was half joking, but thought you were implying that Mansfield and OA, which are the best teams in the Hock, weren't very good.
      Last edited by AlexFilides; 09-25-2018, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Hate to be that guy.... but Weymouth hasn’t missed the tournament since 1990. Yes it was there first win against Milton tonight but they’ve only lost 1 game to a quality Brookline team and have tied Needham Defending South Finalist, tied Wellesley and Silver Lake who are likely a top team in D1 south again, sandwich who isn’t the best but a solid D 2 team as well as a tie with Walpole. Would wins idea against some of those teams absolutely but they also salvaged points.

They have a important stretch of winnable games against the likes of

Framingham
        B-R
        Braintree
        Whitman-Hanson
        Walpole
        Natick

So it should be expected Weymouth is likely 7-1-5 after that stretch of games before the final run against

Needham
        Braintree
        Newton North
        Milton
        BC High

Comment

Hate to be that guy.... but Weymouth hasn’t missed the tournament since 1990. Yes it was there first win against Milton tonight but they’ve only lost 1 game to a quality Brookline team and have tied Needham Defending South Finalist, tied Wellesley and Silver Lake who are likely a top team in D1 south again, sandwich who isn’t the best but a solid D 2 team as well as a tie with Walpole. Would wins idea against some of those teams absolutely but they also salvaged points.

They have a important stretch of winnable games against the likes of

Framingham
          B-R
          Braintree
          Whitman-Hanson
          Walpole
          Natick

So it should be expected Weymouth is likely 7-1-5 after that stretch of games before the final run against

Needham
          Braintree
          Newton North
          Milton
          BC High
          To be fair this statement isn’t wrong but let’s say they continue to be average and slip up and games they should win and tie or lose. I can see them with a record of like 9-3-6 with losses to Newton North and Needham and a tie against Framingham or BC High.

Comment

To be fair this statement isn’t wrong but let’s say they continue to be average and slip up and games they should win and tie or lose. I can see them with a record of like 9-3-6 with losses to Newton North and Needham and a tie against Framingham or BC High.
            First round exit.

Comment

Kicks For Cancer this weekend. Best teams in the state competing in one location.
              Great soccer, and raising money for a worthy cause.

Comment

First round exit.
                When was the last time that happened?

Comment

When was the last time that happened?
                  Probably the last time they were as weak as they are now.

Comment

SL 4-0 Whitman-Hanson

Comment

SL

Silver Lake is a top 5 team. Loaded with talent deep down the bench

Comment

I think they were up 2-0 at half, and played mostly 2nd string including the backup keeper in the 2nd half. It will be interesting to see how they do as they progress through the season.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                          I was half joking, but thought you were implying that Mansfield and OA, which are the best teams in the Hock, weren't very good.
                          Hock teams NEVER do anything in the D1 tourney. Mansfield with better talent lost in the first round of the last two years tourney

Comment

Interesting match this upcoming Monday with Silver Lake playing at SJP. SJP moved to 5-1 after winning last night. They're less explosive this year but still winning games and playing at home.

Comment

BC High 3 - Brockton 1

Comment

BC High 3 - Brockton 1
                                BC High is an average team this year too

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X