X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unless the club is geographically convenient for you, I would not recommend the PDA team at any club. Any team that is not the DA or GDA is an afterthought for the club. Insufficient resources and substandard coaches are allocated to those PDA teams. In my experience, if your player is not interested in the DA/GDA, it is best to go to a club that is not involved in that league. Their first team will be equivalent to the PDA at the other club. You will get their best coaches and full attention/resources.
    There seems to be one bit of advice that serious people write in this message board: it is the coach who is most important to a young soccer player's development and not the club or league. While the coach is most important, the level of play of that player's teammates is also important. So, as long as a team's players are good, but not necessarily great, going to a team with a good coach is far more important than going to a good team with a bad coach.* From what I have read on this board, I do not understand why parents who think the coach is bad would stay when that coach is returning.* What is the definition of insanity?

No matter, thanks to the many who shed a light on what it is really like in Weston, thank you so much for helping us avoid making a bad decision - our son will stay put because his current coach is responsible for getting our son to his present day level.

Comment

So, it seems like the general consensus is don't go and play for this coach. Anyone have different thoughts if the club were to change coaches, like they do sometimes, before the season begins? Does't Weston have some good coaches? This is disappointing - my son was looking forward to playing for them but it seems like if he does, they will be looking to replace my son next year because the coach won't do his job.

I hear too they don't allow private training from trainers outside of the club - without special permission. Is that true? If true, then it seems like a lose lose proposition.
      You have a lot of questions. Why didn't you research Weston prior to trying out?

Comment

Tried

You have a lot of questions. Why didn't you research Weston prior to trying out?
        I tried you bitch.

Comment

I am really not concerned with winning or losing but am concerned with development. Question is, though, at some point, does winning or losing games suggest an problem with the team's development. And does that answer change if the losses are after a year of training under the coach or system when at the beginning of the year, those losses were easy wins. That's the question. Answers are opinions but will help evaluate whether going to such a team is good for my son's short and long term development or whether he should stay with the club that trained him in such a way that he was recognized by the Weston preacademy people.
          First of all he is a 2008. That means he played 7v7 this year. I coach 2008 and I can tell you the way a team performs has nothing to do with wins and losses. 1. They have the build out line with the offsides dumb rules where a player can literally just stand all the way on the other side of the field wait for the ball and get an easy goal. Unfortunately results don’t always come out if you are teaching the right way to play. One mistake can cause you a goal in a matter of seconds. So don’t look at results at this age if the team is playing good soccer. I played against boca United pre academy and they played pretty good soccer but we won. We played decent but they had better players and played better soccer. Moral is that the better team didn’t win.

Comment

I tried you bitch.
            Didn't try hard enough rectal cavity.

Comment

Wow

Didn't try hard enough rectal cavity.
              That record sucks. I am new to the area. Why do good players still decide to play for him?

Comment

Bump

Originally posted by Unregistered
                why do some great minds think monkeys SMOKE ASHE?¡
                What? No. Crazy shhhhh

why do FOLK$centRAPping smoke PSYCHOtheRAPIST?¡

IS SMOKING CHAINS blowing heavy WEIGHT box rings?¡

What no crazy. Shhhhhhhh

Comment

Weston

What no crazy. Shhhhhhhh
                  I have heard enough. You don't like Weston. Fine. There are other clubs. It isn't like Weston is dominating the results. In fact, your son may join a team that wins and develops by going elsewhere. Probably a good thing..

Comment

Leave Weston quickly . They probably don’t want your kind

Comment

SUckers

Leave Weston quickly . They probably don’t want your kind
                      Pay more for less - pay more for proven losers. Suckers abound -- suckers here, there, everywhere. Baseball is the sport of your country. We now know why.

Comment

And??

Pay more for less - pay more for proven losers. Suckers abound -- suckers here, there, everywhere. Baseball is the sport of your country. We now know why.
                        Ok, it is really the black team with a terrible coach. Sounds like many other programs. Who cares?

Comment

They found

They find the problem and made a fix to it. Now, this team will win because problem now solved.

Comment

The Italian coach at its best. Bad mouthing everyone and every kid that doesn't private practice with him

Comment

they

The Italian coach at its best. Bad mouthing everyone and every kid that doesn't private practice with him
                              We thought they get rid of problem player. PA lost to black team? Is it the same "coach?" The one who never play above kid soccer and think kickball is passing? And the 2007 team had a very good tournament. 1 win 2 losses is better than 3 losses.

Boca will be so good. You all should have come to us up here - at least we dont lie to you. Up here, we heard the removal of problem would fix team but seems like team may now be worse. Good job people.

Comment

We thought they get rid of problem player. PA lost to black team? Is it the same "coach?" The one who never play above kid soccer and think kickball is passing? And the 2007 team had a very good tournament. 1 win 2 losses is better than 3 losses.

Boca will be so good. You all should have come to us up here - at least we dont lie to you. Up here, we heard the removal of problem would fix team but seems like team may now be worse. Good job people.
                                Idiot you don’t deserve to be called anything better than IDIOT. Educate yourself!!!!!!!! You’re talking about winning or losing at 07/08s? Go ask the U17/18 coaches if they care or ask about the results of these games. MORON uneducated KA KA!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X