X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ssions/616474/

Comment

and? Yes some of those niche sports will be going away at US colleges or become club sports (like Brown did with several teams). The big ones will remain - football, basketball, soccer, track, baseball at some schools. They're popular, they enhance the college campus experience/build community, and most importantly bring in alumni dollars. Ivies and D3s have the advantage that if they cut men's teams they don't have to worry about Title 9 scholarships. D1 football schools will not cut women's soccer, but cutting the men's tennis team could result in the women's tennis team getting cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        and? Yes some of those niche sports will be going away at US colleges or become club sports (like Brown did with several teams). The big ones will remain - football, basketball, soccer, track, baseball at some schools. They're popular, they enhance the college campus experience/build community, and most importantly bring in alumni dollars. Ivies and D3s have the advantage that if they cut men's teams they don't have to worry about Title 9 scholarships. D1 football schools will not cut women's soccer, but cutting the men's tennis team could result in the women's tennis team getting cut.
        If I have learned anything about this whole Covid situation it’s - Never say never. I never would have thought we would live in a country where masks are mandatory, where people are so nasty and judgmental of others, where don’t go to school and instead are stuck in virtual school, where governments are encouraging people to snitch on others, and where the government is trying to control every aspect of our lives. No one would have ever thought that two weeks to “flatten the curve “. Would continue seven months later - with no end in sight. The longer this whole thing goes on the more likely things will never be the same - so while I think it’s unlikely college soccer goes away - I would never say never .

Comment

If I have learned anything about this whole Covid situation it’s - Never say never. I never would have thought we would live in a country where masks are mandatory, where people are so nasty and judgmental of others, where don’t go to school and instead are stuck in virtual school, where governments are encouraging people to snitch on others, and where the government is trying to control every aspect of our lives. No one would have ever thought that two weeks to “flatten the curve “. Would continue seven months later - with no end in sight. The longer this whole thing goes on the more likely things will never be the same - so while I think it’s unlikely college soccer goes away - I would never say never .
          The turnaround begins in 18 days! 15 million people have already voted and approx another 25 million before Election Day where there is the possibility of 150 million more on that day alone. A change is coming and then we can think about new possibilities while we deal with this pandemic that our government wants to keep denying. Leading experts of doctors and scientists in this field have said the next 6-10 weeks will only get worse than right now where we have a spike in 41 states. Trump calls it herding while scientists and leading professionals call it a pandemic of grave concern.

Comment

Never thought I'd live in a country where dumb phucks like you think wearing a mask is some huge impingement on your freedom.

Comment

ECNL is creating a new league (super-elite) just for PDA. No one else is allowed in.
              So, when is this happening? We at PDA are tired of playing with such inferior teams and just want to play with ourselves.

Comment

So, when is this happening? We at PDA are tired of playing with such inferior teams and just want to play with ourselves.
                No one is stopping you. Would probably produce better players right? Would put a pin in the balloon though

Comment

Along the same lines, one might ask - do you also consider paying taxes an infringement on your freedom? After all, who is the government to decide to fund the military to save you?

Comment

Along the same lines, one might ask - do you also consider paying taxes an infringement on your freedom? After all, who is the government to decide to fund the military to save you?
                    The last time we used our military to save us was 1945. Since then, we have been sending brave men and women off to war to fulfill someone's political agenda. It's a scandal how badly we treat our military and then turn around and appease them by thanking them for their service. Shame on us for allowing it.

Comment

Pda, pda, pda

We are PDA!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X