Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Soccer this Fall

I guess we are all optimistic about our kid's HS season happening this Fall. Does anyone have any details about CIAC's plan?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess we are all optimistic about our kid's HS season happening this Fall. Does anyone have any details about CIAC's plan?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/auburnp...b11a5.amp.html

Comment

High schools will probably not be playing this fall at least. Busing from school to school is going to be a huge issue. This will allow school districts to save several $100000

Comment

High schools will probably not be playing this fall at least. Busing from school to school is going to be a huge issue. This will allow school districts to save several $100000
        My guess is that they will play high school soccer in the spring, if at all. If your child plays premier, then they will do that instead if high school this fall.

Comment

My guess is that they will play high school soccer in the spring, if at all. If your child plays premier, then they will do that instead if high school this fall.
          I really don't think either of those things will happen. Other spring HS sports will conflict with availability for a fair number of the players. And do you think club coaches just coach for a few additional months out of the goodness of their heart?

Comment

Why is it a “huge issue”? Bussing is going to happen for school regardless, so what does it matter if teams bus to games?

Comment

play what? Leagues in the NE don't run in the fall because of HS soccer. Unless clubs in other states quickly put something together, there won't be fall club soccer either. State and local regs could also mean some can play, some can't.

Last I heard from our AD is the plan (as of last week) is to play but an abbreviated season and probably no playoffs.

Comment

Why is it a “huge issue”? Bussing is going to happen for school regardless, so what does it matter if teams bus to games?
                easier to spread out a soccer team across a bus than a football team. Schools are trying to figure out student busing - if they need more buses to assure spread then there actually could be bus shortages

Comment

25 kids on a bus is an issue? Really? I’m sure if we put our thinking caps on we can figure out how to make it work. People are so freakin lazy.

Comment

I really don't think either of those things will happen. Other spring HS sports will conflict with availability for a fair number of the players. And do you think club coaches just coach for a few additional months out of the goodness of their heart?
                    Switching some sports to spring, and others from spring to fall is not my idea, but is in the latest CIAC report. I'm not saying they will do it, but are considering moving up sports like baseball, and moving football to spring. I'm not sure where soccer stands. If soccer were to move to spring, then there would be no spring club soccer, just fall and winter.

Comment

25 kids on a bus is an issue? Really? I’m sure if we put our thinking caps on we can figure out how to make it work. People are so freakin lazy.
                      not a problem for soccer but is for football.

Bigger picture issue is some parents are freaking the phuk out over kids going back + same for some teachers + severe budge cuts = focus will be on keeping schools running first and foremost. Sports and the travel may be seen as another way to possibly spread the virus and not necessary for the time being.

I don't agree and I hope sports happen, but we're not in normal times

Comment

Just ask governor. Mask work. Put 50 kids on a bus with mask.
                        What could be wrong with that?

Comment

Just ask governor. Mask work. Put 50 kids on a bus with mask.
                          What could be wrong with that?
                          If you can have thousands at an airport and then fill planes to capacity for 3 or 4 hour flights and send those people all over the globe, remind me again why we care about 50 kids from one town riding on a bus to the next town over?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            if you can have thousands at an airport and then fill planes to capacity for 3 or 4 hour flights and send those people all over the globe, remind me again why we care about 50 kids from one town riding on a bus to the next town over?
                            exactly

Comment

The state has already said masks will be required in school for the fall. The same would hold true for bus rides of any kind.

With sports though, you can't play with masks and the contact is close for several sports. But that isn't even tricky part. In this day of contact tracing, say school A plays School B.
                              A few days later School B calls school A to say four of the athletes who played in the game tested positive. Now what does school A do? Isolate the whole team for two weeks? Isolate them for a week and then get everyone tested? Roll the dice and hope?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X