Supplementary Training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a big believer in supplemental training because my daughter asked for it to work on her mechanics. Her skills and technical abilities have gotten so much better which I believe has come from the “new” confidence she has gotten from this training. I also thought it was important to get a trainer not associated with her club. I wanted “fresh/new eyes” on her to help mold her strengths and work on her weaknesses. It’s important to really do your homework on picking a personal trainer by asking friends about there own experiences. It has really worked out in honing her individual skills with training with her team. The most important thing is your daughter has to want to have this supplemental training and be motivated. If it had just come from me or pushing her it would have been a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Don’t know the A Game guy but we have used Fredy for years for my HS aged daughter. Just started with MM at WC for my U10 son about a year ago and I can tell you that my sons ease with the ball at his feet has improved tremendously
      A-Game is very good for little kids. Definitely do it but then move on or make sure you have supplementary training. They will not know how to play the beautiful game if you stay too long. 4 on 1 attack and your daughter will preform 14 L Turns and then pass backwards. Mostly head down football. Good for basic skill foundation.

Comment

Don’t know the A Game guy but we have used Fredy for years for my HS aged daughter. Just started with MM at WC for my U10 son about a year ago and I can tell you that my sons ease with the ball at his feet has improved tremendously

Dumb question but is WC = World Class?

Can anyone share who MM is?

My kid's the same age so I'm just curious.

Comment

Where does Fredy G do supplementary training? Is it at the Sports Training Center in Paterson?

Is that place in Paterson any good? I heard of it but never been there.

Comment

Is that place in Paterson any good? I heard of it but never been there.
            I don't know about the place but the guy's name is Fredy Guiran you should be able to look him up. He coaches for world class.

Comment

Dumb question but is WC = World Class?

Can anyone share who MM is?

My kid's the same age so I'm just curious.
              Yes, World Class Coach Marc Mathelier. He has really upped my 2004’s touch on the ball. Very demanding but he definitely is well respected in the soccer community. He was recommended to me by 5 or 6 parents and a few coaches from our club as well

Comment

My daughter has trained with both. If you're looking for strong footskills Coach Marc is definitely your man, Coach Fredy is more a combination of tactics and technical.

Comment

Recommendations for summer camps?

Any recommendations for soccer-focused summer day camps in North Jersey? (13y old girl)

Comment

Any recommendations for soccer-focused summer day camps in North Jersey? (13y old girl)
                    I would look into the Red Bulls RDS camps.

I also heard good things about Bergen's Best soccer camp too.

Comment

WCFC summer camps are excellent. Depending on the location you choose, they may be indoor or outdoor.

Comment

WCFC summer camps are excellent. Depending on the location you choose, they may be indoor or outdoor.
                        I am not sure if any in-person summer camps are still running though ...

Comment

Mick Smith is running a Player Development Camp for ages 6-14. My daughter is U12. Any experience with any of his prior camps? Any feedback is useful.

Comment

Mick Smith is running a Player Development Camp for ages 6-14. My daughter is U12. Any experience with any of his prior camps? Any feedback is useful.

Mick Smith is a very good trainer. It really depends on the girls she will be training with in her group. Speed of play will be very important

Soccer Nut

Comment

Thank you Soccer Nut

Comment

@Soccer Nut: Who are some of other good trainers within reasonable (~30 minute) driving distance of Berkeley Heights area?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X