Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    a kid can literally do all of that A Game stuff for zero cost in the basement or back yard. a few cones and a ball and using one of the thousands of youtube videos as guidance. you can even buy a garbage can if you think thats some sort of secret training weapon.
    Not a beginner sorry, only kids with good feet can get something out of the class. They can learn skills on YouTube but A-Game sets up sessions to test their speed and space IQ with the ball vs other players. A kid with bad touch alone in the basement using YouTube to learn drills will never be able to replicate the class.

Comment

Not a beginner sorry, only kids with good feet can get something out of the class. They can learn skills on YouTube but A-Game sets up sessions to test their speed and space IQ with the ball vs other players. A kid with bad touch alone in the basement using YouTube to learn drills will never be able to replicate the class.
      I believe both are instrumental. During Covid quarantine my kids used both cones and a wall to work on the fundamentals of skill and technical work and it was beneficial. I also know that by having a different set of eyes on your kid is also great supplemental training. They can tweak bad habits or uncertainty with their foot on the ball. The key to supplemental training is getting the right trainer with a history and proven record. Even with individual skill work as well as working with a trainer the one thing my kids have also done which was beneficial was playing in “pick up games”. That allows them to think outside the box and work more on their moves and skills/technique. Not enough kids put in that type of extra training.

Comment

The key is having the fundamentals, so Youtube can potentially help set a foundation. The problem is that in a real game the player has limited time, space and pressure. There are drills at A-Game that try to emulate that, unless your kid has a partner in the basement he or she can learn basics but won't be able to train with pressure. Covid kinda messed up the way A-Game drills were utilized as well, they had a tag one that was just awesome so one player alone at home cannot perform it. Also kids racing each other during the drills is priceless. My kid is usually one of the youngest and smallest so he has to turn the engines on to compete.

Comment

Yes, World Class Coach Marc Mathelier. He has really upped my 2004’s touch on the ball. Very demanding but he definitely is well respected in the soccer community. He was recommended to me by 5 or 6 parents and a few coaches from our club as well
          Does anyone have contact information for MM? I want to give contact him for training

Comment

Great stuff

I think of A-Game as a fun footwork class to get touches in a different way. There isn't enough time to teach the kids proper technique since there are so many kids in each class. On a rainy day or an off day from team practice it is a nice alternative but a beginner player/younger will not get the most of the sessions.
            Best thread on these boards

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X