Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Pines -Consolidated

Do you know why Sunrise as a small club is so successful at the state and national level right now and why other "mega" clubs are failing? It is because Sunrise gets out of the way of their coaches and let them do what they do best -- coach. As a WPU parent, I beg you to take a step back and look at the accomplishments of the club throughout the years and just and let those coaches that have gotten their teams to the next level just coach. I am sure that our DOC is extremely knowledgeable, but he may not fully understand US "club" mentality yet. Please don't make WPU so restrictive because if you do -- you will lose your teams to Sunrise and neighboring clubs. We bleed Black and Yellow and are very loyal to the legacy that is WPU. So please find a way to to repair this divide before it is too late.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you know why Sunrise as a small club is so successful at the state and national level right now and why other "mega" clubs are failing? It is because Sunrise gets out of the way of their coaches and let them do what they do best -- coach. As a WPU parent, I beg you to take a step back and look at the accomplishments of the club throughout the years and just and let those coaches that have gotten their teams to the next level just coach. I am sure that our DOC is extremely knowledgeable, but he may not fully understand US "club" mentality yet. Please don't make WPU so restrictive because if you do -- you will lose your teams to Sunrise and neighboring clubs. We bleed Black and Yellow and are very loyal to the legacy that is WPU. So please find a way to to repair this divide before it is too late.
    You're not the only one that feels this way. WPU has been our home for so long, but this might be the end of the word for us and most of our team. Unfortunately this new DOC doesn't care about any of this.

Comment

Are you seriously using Sunrise as a benchmark for a succesful club.

Maybe for girls, but for boys it's a one-hit wonder, and from what I hear that one hit gets a lot of help from out-of-state players. The rest of their boys teams are very average and they have nothing above U15.

That sounds to me like a succesful coach not a sucessful club.

Comment

Question - if we are happy with our coach and he is getting results, why would the DOC arbitrarily replace want to replace our coach with input from the parents. I guess the DOC want us to become disgruntled and have us leave. There absolutely be no reason for that. We have been here to long for the current President and DOC to try and upset the apple cart.

Comment

I would agree, but the DOC really hasn't impacted our team at all. As a matter of fact, he's been a persona non grata the entire season. From conversations with our coach, there really hasn't been an impact, yet. The team has been a bright spot to the club beating the expectations set at the begining of the year. The biggest problems I've seen is the detrimental parents on some of the other squads.

No matter what a coach does, the 16th through 18th players/parents will never be happy with playing time. As long as the complaints are limited to a handful of players/parents and the team is winning alot of games, the club should stay out. For teams that are struggling, the club should have more influence. If the concern is that the club is dictating practices, strategies and player selection over the coach's objections, that is a problem. Our coach hasn't mentioned any of that. However, I will say that when a team wins a lot of games, we do see more "cooks in the kitchen". This hasn't always been helpful, because our coach will change strategy upon another coach's suggestion. That other coach isn't familar with our players or their habits. As a parent, I'd rather let the coach just manage the game without the extra input. Overall, I can't complain too much this year.

Comment

This DOC is hard headed and will likely do it his way. No one knows whether his way will work in our US system of club pay for play. I can certainly use history though. The English have come here, the Germans, Dutch, Brazilians and now Spanish. None has beenn successful other than the English. We have an American way, which works here (hybrid English style, Fast Food Soccer). Fast, attacking, convenient.

His system will require full immersion yet only 2-3 days are offered. Requires coaching staff that will buy in, and parents that are patient. He knows nothing about leagues, college, ODP, ID2, ECNL, USSDA, USCLUB, USYSA, high school conflicts, etc.

My kid will pack bags and moving on. Good luck to Pines.

Comment

This DOC is hard headed and will likely do it his way. No one knows whether his way will work in our US system of club pay for play. I can certainly use history though. The English have come here, the Germans, Dutch, Brazilians and now Spanish. None has beenn successful other than the English. We have an American way, which works here (hybrid English style, Fast Food Soccer). Fast, attacking, convenient.

His system will require full immersion yet only 2-3 days are offered. Requires coaching staff that will buy in, and parents that are patient. He knows nothing about leagues, college, ODP, ID2, ECNL, USSDA, USCLUB, USYSA, high school conflicts, etc.

I am happy to see good positive dialogue and discussion on this issue. There is no other place my player would rather be than at WPU so communication is the key. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Too much change is not good- especially when it wasnt broken...
                WP Has current President DM , DOC & new board members that are destroying the club last weeks appointments of Program Directors is a joke- these men couldn't even Coach there teams the last 2 years let alone now be running Boys & Girls programs ...Black & Yellow is gone the Red of this year 's uniforms was just the beginning- many coach's aren't even being asked back by the new regime your kid is not alone with packing there bags....there are many others in all age groups - boys & girls players/teams packing it in and moving on ... see ya West Pines....

Comment

Too much change is not good- especially when it wasnt broken...
                  WP Has current President DM , DOC & new board members that are destroying the club last weeks appointments of Program Directors is a joke- these men couldn't even Coach there teams the last 2 years let alone now be running Boys & Girls programs ...Black & Yellow is gone the Red of this year 's uniforms was just the beginning- many coach's aren't even being asked back by the new regime your kid is not alone with packing there bags....there are many others in all age groups - boys & girls players/teams packing it in and moving on ... see ya West Pines....
                  I wouldn't give up so soon. WP has survived many a turmoil. This club has a history -- it is home. We can't say "see ya" without a fight. It is not your cold "mega" club. WP has personality and a rich history of putting players first.

Comment

I wouldn't give up so soon. WP has survived many a turmoil. This club has a history -- it is home. We can't say "see ya" without a fight. It is not your cold "mega" club. WP has personality and a rich history of putting players first.
                    you all are trolls. go to fc weston!!

Comment

you all are trolls. go to fc weston!!
                      we would rather sink with our ship then to go to weston.

Comment

English system worked here?? ok .. in what ways? team\club level? or US national team level? The only think that worked is for the British coaches that have come here claiming that they have "played" football back in Europe and that they "coached" at the youth leagues of Arsenal, Man Utd etc., and we are supposed to believe them .. enough of that .. really enough!!!

.. and why the WP DOC system will not work?? because the coaches have to buy in .. hmm wow .. and that is the problem with that? The coaches have to buy in and get direction from the DOC or CEO, that is how all businesses ran.

and .. the DOC doesn't know the American reality!! hmm .. I guess that is a good thing .. the American soccer needs HELP .. we need somebody new, .. to bring something new to the table .. this new guy knows soccer or football or futbol or whatever u want to call it. And he knows soccer youth development .. go and see what he is working on with the kids that enrolled at AATTII.

Good luck to you and your kid .. go to Weston or wherever have Brits and claiming that they were supers stars at the blue moon!!!

Comment

English system worked here?? ok .. in what ways? team\club level? or US national team level? The only think that worked is for the British coaches that have come here claiming that they have "played" football back in Europe and that they "coached" at the youth leagues of Arsenal, Man Utd etc., and we are supposed to believe them .. enough of that .. really enough!!!

.. and why the WP DOC system will not work?? because the coaches have to buy in .. hmm wow .. and that is the problem with that? The coaches have to buy in and get direction from the DOC or CEO, that is how all businesses ran.

and .. the DOC doesn't know the American reality!! hmm .. I guess that is a good thing .. the American soccer needs HELP .. we need somebody new, .. to bring something new to the table .. this new guy knows soccer or football or futbol or whatever u want to call it. And he knows soccer youth development .. go and see what he is working on with the kids that enrolled at AATTII.

Good luck to you and your kid .. go to Weston or wherever have Brits and claiming that they were supers stars at the blue moon!!!
                          Blah Blah Blah.... Keep telling yourself the club is going to great. Wouldn't know the new DOC if I fell over him. Maybe he should spend less time on the other BS and get to know the players and teams!

Comment

BRAIN-WASHED, lol people like you need help. Keep paying for the AATTII program and you'll be broke before you know it..

Hello, it is cheaper to play on a Pre-Academy team in Weston. In order to get the same type of training you need to BUY INTO his program, BECAUSE IT AINT FREE!!! How much is it by the way?

Comment

BRAIN-WASHED, lol people like you need help. Keep paying for the AATTII program and you'll be broke before you know it..

Hello, it is cheaper to play on a Pre-Academy team in Weston. In order to get the same type of training you need to BUY INTO his program, BECAUSE IT AINT FREE!!! How much is it by the way?
                              check prices at the website genius.

well, I will not disagree on this one, that AATTII should be offered and be incorporated into the 3 weekly practices instead of having to pay extra but I think that is where the program is heading.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X