Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You took that in a weird direction with the last sentence. Relax.
    not at all (23 year old adult)- so i guess you simply cut them free

Comment

not at all (23 year old adult)- so i guess you simply cut them free
      Many young adults should be cut free. They're just delaying adulthood. So what if you have to have some roommates and drive a crap car put of college. Too much debt? Should have helped your kid make better choices at 18.

Comment

A NT player with a Penn degree will do just fine. A gender study degree from a tiny LAC unknown outside the NE? Tougher sell. Don't downsize the family home quite yet.
        wasnt a national team player!

got an advertising degree....about as useless as a gender studies degree

it was from penn state, not really a top academic school

someone said life changing? Please.....this isnt a guy playing in the EPL. IT is women soccer in holland. maybe they get as many fans as penn state did...maybe

If daddy has money....then I agree, another 2 years of college, but with no degree

Comment

someone said life changing? Please.....this isnt a guy playing in the EPL. IT is women soccer in holland. maybe they get as many fans as penn state did...maybe

If daddy has money....then I agree, another 2 years of college, but with no degree
          Someone sure feels the need to lay into her.

Comment

You seem to know an awful lot about her....creep

Comment

Darien girls 7-0-0 !

Comment

There’s a kid from Ridgefield who went to the 2014 and 2018 Olympics for luge and a girl from Westport who went to the 2018 Olympics for snowboarding. The luge kid’s parents built an actual luge run in his backyard after the 2002 Olympics, which helps explain he got good enough to compete in the Olympics in luge despite being from CT. The snowboarder went to Stratton Mountain School so that explains how she could get good enough to go to the Olympics. Not sure if luge athletes can earn money but top snowboarders can.

If I think of a sport where your geographic location doesn’t matter I think of swimming. A top swimmer could come out of CT but I don’t think we’ve ever had one. The list of athletes from CT who made money from playing sports is minuscule compared to the thousands of kids who have talent but not quite enough to make it to the big leagues.

Comment

Many of the less popular, more expensive sports are getting cut by colleges.

Comment

Many of the less popular, more expensive sports are getting cut by colleges.
                    Like soccer?

Comment

Like soccer?
                      Nope not yet and probably not in the near future. So far only two men's teams have been cut and no women's teams. Fencing, rowing, golf, swimming etc. Soccer is still very popular and on the women's side is the easiest way to meet Title 9.

Comment

There’s a kid from Ridgefield who went to the 2014 and 2018 Olympics for luge and a girl from Westport who went to the 2018 Olympics for snowboarding. The luge kid’s parents built an actual luge run in his backyard after the 2002 Olympics, which helps explain he got good enough to compete in the Olympics in luge despite being from CT. The snowboarder went to Stratton Mountain School so that explains how she could get good enough to go to the Olympics. Not sure if luge athletes can earn money but top snowboarders can.

If I think of a sport where your geographic location doesn’t matter I think of swimming. A top swimmer could come out of CT but I don’t think we’ve ever had one. The list of athletes from CT who made money from playing sports is minuscule compared to the thousands of kids who have talent but not quite enough to make it to the big leagues.

I got a nephew who was an Olympic class swimmer. Made the team twice. Coaches college swimming now as a living.

Don't think geographics don't matter. Every family trip, event or vacation this family took for many years had major requirements that the kid had access to a pool for training. It affected where they went, when they went and created all kinds of logistics challenges for them to find suitable training pools, get access to them, etc. Probably cost a lot too.

There's no off-season for the world class swimmers.

Comment

I got a nephew who was an Olympic class swimmer. Made the team twice. Coaches college swimming now as a living.

Don't think geographics don't matter. Every family trip, event or vacation this family took for many years had major requirements that the kid had access to a pool for training. It affected where they went, when they went and created all kinds of logistics challenges for them to find suitable training pools, get access to them, etc. Probably cost a lot too.

There's no off-season for the world class swimmers.
                          there is also no $$$$$$- just like womens soccer

Comment

5. JANEL JORGENSEN: After her junior year at Ridgefield High School, Jorgensen, then just 17-years old, made the 1988 U.S. Olympic team that competed in Seoul, South Korea. Swimming the butterfly leg of the 400-meter medley relay team, Jorgensen helped the U.S win the silver medal in the event. She also placed fifth in the 100-meter butterfly race. Jorgensen went on to become an All-American at Stanford University and is currently the executive director of Swim Across America, a foundation that raises money for cancer research through swimming events.

Comment

Darien girls 7-0-0 !
                              I hope the pedophile from Darien Soccer that just got busted didn’t coach any of these kids in town.

Comment

One bonus of Covid? Its kept the bragging by StJ and Staples way down

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X