Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FL has had 500 more Covid deaths this week than NY, similar sized states. But go right ahead and open FL all up again
    sorry typo

Comment

FL has had 500 more Covid deaths this week than FL, similar sized states. But go right ahead and open FL all up again
      this week???
      how about total ? how about economic activity? ny just shut down again

and stop lumping NY in with CT- somehow ct is doing better than almost anyone else
      NY not so much

Comment

FL opening up everything including major sporting events. In 6 weeks FL cases will be tripled yet again. DeSantis is one of the dumbest governors on record.
        He is actually following the science and has done far better then a similar sized NY.
        Here are some 10k experts & doctors from around the world who agree.
        https://gbdeclaration.org/

Comment

He is actually following the science and has done far better then a similar sized NY.
          Here are some 10k experts & doctors from around the world who agree.
          https://gbdeclaration.org/
          Same size state, way more cases and deaths since the initial outbreak (where NY was caught off guard by Federal testing f ups). No2nd wave in NY. FL will enter its 3rd soon

Comment

That is because those governors killed off their most vulnerable populations early on
            Yet Florida cant learn a lesson from the mistakes and circumstances that happened in the northeast at the beginning of the pandemic. Or that Florida can not look at Wisconsin with regard to what is going on when you dont track increases effectively.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2856569]Same size state, way more cases and deaths since the initial outbreak (where NY was caught off guard by Federal testing f ups). No2nd wave in NY. FL will enter its 3rd soon[/QUOTE

so it was a testing f up that ordered the most vulnerable of the NY population into nursing homes after testing positive? So let me ask you which is the more pertinent number?... deaths/ 110K, cases/ 100 K, overall cases, overall mortality rate?...how about we wait and see the overall number of deaths in 2020 vs previous years and then judge the true effect on the US

Comment

Same size state, way more cases and deaths since the initial outbreak (where NY was caught off guard by Federal testing f ups). No2nd wave in NY. FL will enter its 3rd soon
                FL has had only 1 wave and it is winding down.
                Look up h
                Hope-Simpson effect to help you understand seasonality of virus

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2856650]
                  Same size state, way more cases and deaths since the initial outbreak (where NY was caught off guard by Federal testing f ups). No2nd wave in NY. FL will enter its 3rd soon[/QUOTE

so it was a testing f up that ordered the most vulnerable of the NY population into nursing homes after testing positive? So let me ask you which is the more pertinent number?... deaths/ 110K, cases/ 100 K, overall cases, overall mortality rate?...how about we wait and see the overall number of deaths in 2020 vs previous years and then judge the true effect on the US
                  Great idea. I will bet the farm that total all cause deaths for 2020 will be within 5% of our 5-year average. BTW - CDC defines an epidemic as deaths greater then 6%.

You can reclassify deaths but I doubt anyone is willy to actually kill people to inflate the numbers.

Comment

How about those Astros. Opened a can of whoopass on the A’s.
                    Next

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2856662]

Great idea. I will bet the farm that total all cause deaths for 2020 will be within 5% of our 5-year average. BTW - CDC defines an epidemic as deaths greater then 6%.

You can reclassify deaths but I doubt anyone is willy to actually kill people to inflate the numbers.
                      Death rate up 18%

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2856768]

Death rate up 18%
                        do you have a source for that? I would be interested to see that information and I have not been able to find it yet

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2856893]

do you have a source for that? I would be interested to see that information and I have not been able to find it yet
                          Because it doesn't exist. you can't even get factual information on soccer on Talking Soccer, let alone anything else

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X