NESCAC Women's Soccer Coaches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some NESCACs offer merit aid. Connecticut College definitely, I think Trinity may as well, though not 100% sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Some NESCACs offer merit aid. Connecticut College definitely, I think Trinity may as well, though not 100% sure of that.
      Only 1 nescaf gives merit. Stay in your lane sonny

Comment

If you can get a scholarship, Bucknell first. Gettysburg isnt in the same class. 45% of the applicants get in. Tells you all you need to know.

Rather than spending even 30K a year on Gettysburg, I would rather seed my the 120K dollars I would spend on 4 years and tell her to round up a bunch of hispanics and start a housekeeping business in Westport. With some high school spanish and a night class at Norwalk Community College, she would get a better ROI

33% of the applicants get into Bucknell. Its not Princeton.

Comment

33% of the applicants get into Bucknell. Its not Princeton.
          33<45, no? Bucknell has more name recognition and somewhat deeper alumni network which is important for internships and jobs. Bucknell ranked 20pts higher of all LACS vs Gettysburg. Both were too small and rural for my two in college now, but Gettysburg did offer a lot of money to the one kid that still applied there. Look, getting a ton of money is great but if your kid won't be happy there it may not be worth it. Luckily the old adage there's a school for everyone is very true. Apply to lots of academic and financial options for reaches and safeties. You never know what a school may throw your way if they really want you, either for sports, academics or whatever. I'm curious to see what happens during/post covid. My junior is already inundated with emails and fliers.

Comment

33<45, no? Bucknell has more name recognition and somewhat deeper alumni network which is important for internships and jobs. Bucknell ranked 20pts higher of all LACS vs Gettysburg. Both were too small and rural for my two in college now, but Gettysburg did offer a lot of money to the one kid that still applied there. Look, getting a ton of money is great but if your kid won't be happy there it may not be worth it. Luckily the old adage there's a school for everyone is very true. Apply to lots of academic and financial options for reaches and safeties. You never know what a school may throw your way if they really want you, either for sports, academics or whatever. I'm curious to see what happens during/post covid. My junior is already inundated with emails and fliers.
            Most juniors are....who should they market to....seniors? Any that are prepared have already done their leg work and have their choices narrowed down. Sounds like this isn’t your first time through the process, surprised you are not more knowledgeable

You are correct....Bucknell has a strong alumni network and it blows Gettysburg away. Not even close. Gettysburg has to offer more money to get smart students....Amherst, middlebury, hamilton, Williams, Bowdoin, etc not so much

Comment

Most juniors are....who should they market to....seniors? Any that are prepared have already done their leg work and have their choices narrowed down. Sounds like this isn’t your first time through the process, surprised you are not more knowledgeable

You are correct....Bucknell has a strong alumni network and it blows Gettysburg away. Not even close. Gettysburg has to offer more money to get smart students....Amherst, middlebury, hamilton, Williams, Bowdoin, etc not so much
              Not the op but my senior has also gotten an absurd amount of mail and emails, even though she's done (recruited athlete, just has to finish the ED application). Way more than her older siblings got, but maybe because she's a female interested in science? I think schools are nervous about what next year will bring.

Comment

Not the op but my senior has also gotten an absurd amount of mail and emails, even though she's done (recruited athlete, just has to finish the ED application). Way more than her older siblings got, but maybe because she's a female interested in science? I think schools are nervous about what next year will bring.
                I think every university/college is going to be overweighting the “no aid needed” demographic for the foreseeable future.

Comment

I think every university/college is going to be overweighting the “no aid needed” demographic for the foreseeable future.
                  No doubt.

Comment

Great for those who can afford full boat. Not many can, at least not multiple years across multiple kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X