Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New Hampshire

Notices

New Hampshire Discussions about New Hampshire soccer.

Old 07-31-2018
DaSelfieKing

Smile High School Predictions

I have followed this page now for a little over a year and I wanted to see if we can get a productive high school soccer thread going. There was a short thread going last fall but with it being such a great sport and popular sport in NH - lets talk NH HS soccer... Season starts in a week - most of the club parents and kids in here play for their schools.

Girls predictions for DI, II, II, & IV?

Boys predictions for DI, II, II, & IV?
Old 08-02-2018
The Referee

I officiate a ton of HS soccer mostly girls games and based on what I saw last year this is what I think (IMO):

Girls DI:
1. Bedford
2. Central
3. Concord
4. Winnacunnett
5. Exeter

Girls DII:
1. Bow
2. Hanover
3. Oyster River
4. Souhegan
5. Milford

Girls DIII:
1. Fall Mountain
2. Belmont
3. Raymond
4. Hopkinton
5. Campbell

Girls DIV:
1. Sunapee
2. Newmarket
3. Colebrook
4. Woodsville
Old 08-02-2018
Unregistered

Whew! I was worried at first when I didn't see my daughters team on your list but then realized you said you were a referee in NH. I have seen enough HS games to know the refs all stink.
Old 08-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whew! I was worried at first when I didn't see my daughters team on your list but then realized you said you were a referee in NH. I have seen enough HS games to know the refs all stink.

Feel free to get out there yourself
Old 08-03-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Or your daughters team stinks??
Old 08-04-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
While I have seen a few terrible high school refs in NH, I have also seen many good NH high school refs so it isnít really fair to lump them all together. I also think the 2 ref situation makes it extremely difficult on the refs. How can you possibly call offside correctly when you are looking on an angle? But that is a function of budgeting and a lack of available refs so the ones out there do what they can. I appreciate this ref speaking up when they have seen so many teams.
Old 08-04-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
While I have seen a few terrible high school refs in NH, I have also seen many good NH high school refs so it isnít really fair to lump them all together. I also think the 2 ref situation makes it extremely difficult on the refs. How can you possibly call offside correctly when you are looking on an angle? But that is a function of budgeting and a lack of available refs so the ones out there do what they can. I appreciate this ref speaking up when they have seen so many teams.

Agree. Two refs have always been a problem and its hard enough getting two. Besides the offsides, they may call the game different.

I also appreciate their efforts and that ref for speaking up. Not sure why another thread brings the attitude again. Seems the NH Board is going the way of the MA or CT Boards lately.
Old 08-04-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Agree. Two refs have always been a problem and its hard enough getting two. Besides the offsides, they may call the game different.

I also appreciate their efforts and that ref for speaking up. Not sure why another thread brings the attitude again. Seems the NH Board is going the way of the MA or CT Boards lately.
So what about some predictions for the school season? What about the division your kids play in? Who are the teams to beat? Who are the teams to watch out for?
Old 08-04-2018
Unregistered

I dont have a high-school aged daughter
Old 08-05-2018
Unregistered

Quote:

Fully agree, the NH 2 Ref system is handicapping the refs and creates the perception of them doing a poor job. Refs need to be much more active and if mobility is an issue then their not going to get the job done.

Sounds like some Mass-holes stirring up some trouble. Things must be slow on their side of the border.