Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New Hampshire

Notices

New Hampshire Discussions about New Hampshire soccer.

Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Just so everyone is aware... you do realize that Academy programs/teams lose money!! They are no way near a money maker....
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just so everyone is aware... you do realize that Academy programs/teams lose money!! They are no way near a money maker....
You take away the top talent from other local teams and you've automatically taken a chunk of their club's worth while boasting yours. There's a motive my friend. And with Seacoast it ain't development.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
you do realize that Academy programs/teams lose money!!
Other than the no tuition DA teams like NE Revolution, which DA teams are losing money?
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
You take away the top talent from other local teams and you've automatically taken a chunk of their club's worth while boasting yours. There's a motive my friend. And with Seacoast it ain't development.
The statement I was referring to was about it being about money. What you have said above is something completely different.

If a town or travel team takes away your best player... are they wrong and doing it for money? GPS-NH, SUSC, FC Stars.... all of them regardless of the league are doing what you have just said above. So that being motivated to money is inaccurate.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Other than the no tuition DA teams like NE Revolution, which DA teams are losing money?
If you know anyone within any DA club (boys and girls) ask them how much profit they make on a DA team. I think you would be surprised... based on your assumptions.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
If it's the teams themselves telling you that they are 'losing money' on a pay-to-play DA team then you can add the 'used car salesman' badge right alongside the 'pyramid scheme' badge.

The ONLY way that FOR PROFIT clubs like Seacoast could claim to be 'losing money' on a DA program is with fancy accounting.

1 x coach, 1 x assistant coach, 1 x backup coach, 1 x GK coach, 1 x senior backup coach, 1 x coaching director, 1 x coaching director manager, take a share of facility fees, minus the mandatory payment towards capital upgrades, 1 x marketing person, 1 x marketing assistant, carbon tax...

*sucks air through teeth* "so you see, we're actually losing money by only charging you $x,xxx per year"
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

I hope other NPL parents are strong enough to say “no thanks” to joining the DA league. Let other suckers chase that badge, and keep our NPL teams intact.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I hope other NPL parents are strong enough to say “no thanks” to joining the DA league. Let other suckers chase that badge, and keep our NPL teams intact.
Me too. I'm worried that they're going to fall for the hype. I hope people really do their research!
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Ditto!!!!
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
We are going GDA all the way