Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New Hampshire

Notices

New Hampshire Discussions about New Hampshire soccer.

Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Default Seacoast United to join GDA

Seacoast just announced that they are joining the GDA next season.

Personally, I do not have any desire to travel that much or ask my daughter to give up HS soccer. Disappointed by this. Without an abundance of talent up here, the NPL teams, if they continue to exist, will be watered down.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seacoast just announced that they are joining the GDA next season.

Personally, I do not have any desire to travel that much or ask my daughter to give up HS soccer. Disappointed by this. Without an abundance of talent up here, the NPL teams, if they continue to exist, will be watered down.
Agreed. Not good at all.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

I presume they are charging because priorities 1 thru 10 at Seacoast is money.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

How does this give them money? Do a lot of families want their players in the GDA?
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
How does this give them money? Do a lot of families want their players in the GDA?
I guess we will see. I'm sure they think a lot of parents want this. Time will tell. Let's see once the initial excitement wears off and parents learn you can't play HS and all the travel involved.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I presume they are charging because priorities 1 thru 10 at Seacoast is money.
Yep. They're not exactly killing everyone in their NPL divisions so DA will get another substandard team (to replace the teams who have decided it isn't worth it so have gone back to ECNL) and I'm sure they will keep their NPL teams (that will become weaker).

But on the plus side, they can bump all the girls up one level, charge everyone more, and take on more payers!

Is it a player development pyramid or closer to a multi-level marketing pyramid??
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Yep. They're not exactly killing everyone in their NPL divisions so DA will get another substandard team (to replace the teams who have decided it isn't worth it so have gone back to ECNL) and I'm sure they will keep their NPL teams (that will become weaker).

But on the plus side, they can bump all the girls up one level, charge everyone more, and take on more payers!

Is it a player development pyramid or closer to a multi-level marketing pyramid??
Ugh. I hope many NPL families say thanks but no thanks. The girls are challenged at the right level in NPL. No need for this.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Seacoast will market it to them to tell them that's what they want. "90% of National Team Players come from Development Academy teams" "College Showcases" "Play against MLS teams!"

Roll up roll up and have your wallets open.

Also NPL teams become DA, regional girls become NPL, and so on and so forth. Everyone get's an upgrade! (unfortunately it won't be at the same -already extortionate - fees)
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Academy on the Seacoast boys side is where development goes to die. Stay away girls.
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Ugh. GDA is on the fast track to failure. Talent is so lop sided. Seacoast is not nearly large enough to support competitive teams. Good luck.