Long Island SC GDa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that the LISC 04 GDA team won their last two games, and now have a record of 2-1-1.
    Fury are 1-2-0
    Albertson Fury is 0-2-0

It's still early, but looks like the tide might be turning in LI...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I see that the LISC 04 GDA team won their last two games, and now have a record of 2-1-1.
      Fury are 1-2-0
      Albertson Fury is 0-2-0

It's still early, but looks like the tide might be turning in LI...
      Nah, they'll still suck. Both clubs beat Empire United, arguably the worst or second worst (LISC being the worst) team last season. Only difference is Fury has three of their top players playing HS right now, including their top scorer. Also Fury's 2 losses were to NYCFC the top team in this age group that would bury LISC by at least 6 goals and Oakwood that would also destroy LISC.
      So please the tide isn't turning, they're playing weak teams and teams that are half strength with players out in HS.

Comment

Nah, they'll still suck. Both clubs beat Empire United, arguably the worst or second worst (LISC being the worst) team last season. Only difference is Fury has three of their top players playing HS right now, including their top scorer. Also Fury's 2 losses were to NYCFC the top team in this age group that would bury LISC by at least 6 goals and Oakwood that would also destroy LISC.
        So please the tide isn't turning, they're playing weak teams and teams that are half strength with players out in HS.
        What a crock that some players are allowed to play (public) HS and others are not.

Comment

What a crock that some players are allowed to play (public) HS and others are not.
          Agreed, but GDA is still allowing public school waivers. Clubs want to keep top players happy. I think it defeats the supposed purpose of GDA scheduling, but hey-good for the kids who are getting to have their cake and eat it too!

Comment

Play HS if you want. No one cares and if they do, why?. This is all kid soccer at the end of the day

Comment

Play HS if you want. No one cares and if they do, why?. This is all kid soccer at the end of the day
              I don't care if anyone plays HS...what I'm speaking to is the inconsistency of treatment within GDA. Some players were told they couldn't play HS, while others are allowed and then will come back after HS season and take playing time away.

Comment

I don't care if anyone plays HS...what I'm speaking to is the inconsistency of treatment within GDA. Some players were told they couldn't play HS, while others are allowed and then will come back after HS season and take playing time away.
                What kids are not playing HS that want to be playing HS?

Comment

What kids are not playing HS that want to be playing HS?
                  The ones that were told they could not (both playing in GDA and those who inquired during tryout season looking to switch leagues).

I know at least 8 players across multiple age groups who would have switched to or stayed in GDA if they were "allowed" to play HS.

Comment

The ones that were told they could not (both playing in GDA and those who inquired during tryout season looking to switch leagues).

I know at least 8 players across multiple age groups who would have switched to or stayed in GDA if they were "allowed" to play HS.
                    Then why not play HS and then join the team after HS season?

Comment

Then why not play HS and then join the team after HS season?
                      There will be plenty of that as well. the add-on period is a giant loophole in the system. As it stands currently if you are officially rostered on a DA team you can only play HS if you got an official USSF waiver, and it's only for private/prep school kids. HS kids are not allowed to play ever, but again the loophole makes it easier. Even if you have permission you cannot play DA and HS concurrently, can't even practice with your DA team let alone play any games.

Comment

Anyone who was involved with BDA would have warned GDA parents this type of thing happens frequently. Some DA rules are more suggestions. USSF lets a lot of things slide, there's still plenty of politics, favoritism and looking the other way for the studs they are desperate to keep. Average players won't be treated the same. It's totally hypocritical to expect kids to follow the rules when rule breakers are there in plain sight with little ever done about it. It causes tremendous friction on teams.

Comment

There will be plenty of that as well. the add-on period is a giant loophole in the system. As it stands currently if you are officially rostered on a DA team you can only play HS if you got an official USSF waiver, and it's only for private/prep school kids. HS kids are not allowed to play ever, but again the loophole makes it easier. Even if you have permission you cannot play DA and HS concurrently, can't even practice with your DA team let alone play any games.
                          So there is a way to play GDA and HS so problem solved I guess but messy. Competitive girls soccer is nothing if not messy - especially for the younger HS kids and those approaching HS. Those age groups just have constant turmoil with the age change and all the league changes. Good luck to all to work something out.

Comment

Anyone who was involved with BDA would have warned GDA parents this type of thing happens frequently. Some DA rules are more suggestions. USSF lets a lot of things slide, there's still plenty of politics, favoritism and looking the other way for the studs they are desperate to keep. Average players won't be treated the same. It's totally hypocritical to expect kids to follow the rules when rule breakers are there in plain sight with little ever done about it. It causes tremendous friction on teams.
                            Confused. Is it a loop hole or a broken rule?

Comment

More misinformation from the Fury parent. LISC also beat PA Classics, who this season beat Penn Fusion, the best team from both Atlantic and NE divisions last year. You didn't mention that. Don't make excuses, if you lost, then you lost. Handle it.

PR allows players to play HS and then come back because he desperately needs players. Don't think a lot of other GDA programs are allowing it. Everyone else seems to playing with their full rosters....

Comment

So where does that leave you when they come back? Let me just get the tissues ready.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X