Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS Thanksgiving "Showxase" Tournament

Thoughts on this weekend's GPS scam College Tournament showcased to no one?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hold on, the U17 and U18 games will be showcased to a whole host of grandfathers and grandmothers.

Comment

The players will look awesome for Facebook pics in their $400 Bayern kits.
      " Bobby wins GPS Super Group Championship"
      " Congrats Bobby!!" "Granny loves you!" " Can't wait to see you play for USA!"

Comment

St Anselm coach is coming. Lol.

Comment

The players will look awesome for Facebook pics in their $400 Bayern kits.
          " Bobby wins GPS Super Group Championship"
          " Congrats Bobby!!" "Granny loves you!" " Can't wait to see you play for USA!"
          Finally, you guys are smartening up.

Comment

Looks like a much better list than last week's disaster of a tournament.

Comment

Looks like a much better list than last week's disaster of a tournament.
              Serious question: I've been going to these damn 'weekend wrecker' tournaments for years. My son plays at the Super Group level and I've never seen a college coach at one of these tournaments. My question is...what year do these coaches actually show up, if they ever show up? He's only a sophomore so maybe this year or next year? Without the sarcasm...has anyone ever seen a coach at one of these tournaments (not counting Jefferson Cup-type tourneys)...or is this just a way for GPS to make money and for some short term bragging rights?

Comment

You could be getting dragged off to Disney for the same experience and spending thousands of extra dollars as well as really inconvenienced over the holiday. Be thankful you are local!

Comment

Wait, the kids like to play soccer, don't they? This Giant Profit Syndicate tournament would be a chance to do something they like to do, so why the negativity? They make some money, the kids play some games, everybody goes home.
                  I like to play soccer too, so I play when I can. If there was a tournament this weekend for 50 year olds who can barely run, I'd be there.

Comment

Wait, the kids like to play soccer, don't they? This Giant Profit Syndicate tournament would be a chance to do something they like to do, so why the negativity? They make some money, the kids play some games, everybody goes home.
                    I like to play soccer too, so I play when I can. If there was a tournament this weekend for 50 year olds who can barely run, I'd be there.
                    My son loves to play soccer...that's not the issue. Why does it have to be on Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Columbus, New Years, etc etc? Sometimes the parents need a break too...maybe I'm just whining. Just one long weekend without soccer would be nice. But when its all over I'm sure I'll complain about not having a game to go to...

Comment

Serious question: I've been going to these damn 'weekend wrecker' tournaments for years. My son plays at the Super Group level and I've never seen a college coach at one of these tournaments. My question is...what year do these coaches actually show up, if they ever show up? He's only a sophomore so maybe this year or next year? Without the sarcasm...has anyone ever seen a coach at one of these tournaments (not counting Jefferson Cup-type tourneys)...or is this just a way for GPS to make money and for some short term bragging rights?
                      The dirty little secret they don't tell you is that the college coaches are actually club coaches that are there with their team. You see them, they just aren't scouting.

Comment

Don't know this particular tournament, but at the spring NEFC tournament there were a lot of coaches on the U19 sidelines. Perhaps the lack of coaches is due to the tournament, but perhaps it's due to the age. 14 year old boys (99.99% of them anyway) aren't being scouted.

Comment

Gps

My son loves to play soccer...that's not the issue. Why does it have to be on Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Columbus, New Years, etc etc? Sometimes the parents need a break too...maybe I'm just whining. Just one long weekend without soccer would be nice. But when its all over I'm sure I'll complain about not having a game to go to...
                          These tournaments are money makers and that is the primary reason for doing them. The weekends that are free are the weekends the clubs run them.

That being said if you contact a college and talk to their coach many times they will come watch a game if you are on their radar. All of them run camps and clinics to check out local talent and if there is an interest they will make the time, it's their job. 3 local colleges have responded that they will be at a game that we are playing. Most likely that will be half of one game unless something really catches their eye.

Comment

The dirty little secret they don't tell you is that the college coaches are actually club coaches that are there with their team. You see them, they just aren't scouting.
                            A bunch of NESCAC coaches have confirmed to my kid that they will be at the tournament. That is a fact.

Comment

If your talking about Boys, I have no opinion.
                              For girls, this is the best local lineup since we made lists at u13

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=17

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X