Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November Cup fields?

So, it's unusual that no one's after NEFC right now. I'm not here to criticize, I get the weather isn't their fault.

I'm here to find out what the fields are like. Anyone have any idea if Lancaster will be clear tomorrow? Are they plowing?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, it's unusual that no one's after NEFC right now. I'm not here to criticize, I get the weather isn't their fault.

I'm here to find out what the fields are like. Anyone have any idea if Lancaster will be clear tomorrow? Are they plowing?
    Doubt it

Comment

Doubt it
      Even if they plow , it is only 4 fields . Most of the tournament fields supposed to be grass fields

Comment

In the years doing tournaments around the winter months I don't recall ever seeing games scheduled for grass. Seems like a bad idea.

Comment

The amended schedule for Saturday is out. They moved the grass games to turf, and shortened games to 30 minutes halves. Sunday updates coming tomorrow.

Comment

Clownshow.

Comment

Nothing anyone can do about the weather. The lack of organization and communication is worse than you could ever imagine. Sites with NO NEFC staff, double booked fields,no refs, no explanation.

Never again!

Comment

Nothing anyone can do about the weather. The lack of organization and communication is worse than you could ever imagine. Sites with NO NEFC staff, double booked fields,no refs, no explanation.

Never again!
                Just got to the Holliston Fields. Update from NEFC this morning said games on at 11 am here.
                Fields are covered with snow and no one here to explain. I’m a college coach who drive out here with the updated schedule in hand.

Sorry, this is unacceptable. Not the weather, the communication and organization.

Comment

Just got to the Holliston Fields. Update from NEFC this morning said games on at 11 am here.
                  Fields are covered with snow and no one here to explain. I’m a college coach who drive out here with the updated schedule in hand.

Sorry, this is unacceptable. Not the weather, the communication and organization.
                  A. You are not a college coach. B. Teams will still sign up again

Comment

A. You are not a college coach. B. Teams will still sign up again
                    Sure, you got me. Not a college coach, just drove out to Hopkinton on a Saturday afternoon to check out the scenery.

Comment

Drove 90 minutes. Fields still covered with snow, cancelled games about 30 minutes before they were scheduled. I understand the weather but someone should have cancelled earlier, no games were being played so there was NO way a 12:40 game was going to happen on time just disappointed in the communication. I'm sure we will be back again next year...suckers

Comment

Never again!
                        Exactly right. Got a revised schedule late last night for 2 fields which weren’t touched at all yesterday and were not being cleared today either. Clear all the fields so some games from today can be made up tomorrow.

Classless and unprofessional NEFC. Just the usual.

Comment

Drove 90 minutes. Fields still covered with snow, cancelled games about 30 minutes before they were scheduled. I understand the weather but someone should have cancelled earlier, no games were being played so there was NO way a 12:40 game was going to happen on time just disappointed in the communication. I'm sure we will be back again next year...suckers
                          Same here. Loved driving an hour to Taunton to find the fields snow covered and unplayable. Then 50 mins before the game was to start, the NEFC idiots sent cancellation emails.

What a joke.

Waiting at home to find out if the 4pm game will be played. Guessing not.

Comment

Yeah, you'd think by about midweek last week those involved in the planning of the tournament would have seen the snow forecast and started mapping out what needs to happen by when (plowing fields, plowing lots) in regards to all the sites for the show to go on interrupted. And started assigning responsibilities for who was going to make the call on whether fields will be ready by game times and when that call needed to be made by. When you have teams showing up at unplowed fields 36+ hours after the storm because they received no communication prior to that, that points to a total lack of any organized effort like I speak of going on. Doesn't seem like a herculean effort to know a day in advance that unplowed field = games aren't happening = need to get the word out ASAP to avoid what's transpiring now.

Comment

Yeah, you'd think by about midweek last week those involved in the planning of the tournament would have seen the snow forecast and started mapping out what needs to happen by when (plowing fields, plowing lots) in regards to all the sites for the show to go on interrupted. And started assigning responsibilities for who was going to make the call on whether fields will be ready by game times and when that call needed to be made by. When you have teams showing up at unplowed fields 36+ hours after the storm because they received no communication prior to that, that points to a total lack of any organized effort like I speak of going on. Doesn't seem like a herculean effort to know a day in advance that unplowed field = games aren't happening = need to get the word out ASAP to avoid what's transpiring now.
                              It really comes down to the fact that they don't care. They don't care enough to have a contingency plan in place, to have an organizational and communication structure in place, and they don't care about the parents and players to let them know what's going well before kickoff.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X