Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obnoxious student behavior at Oyster River

Why is it that Oyster River student body continues to be the most obnoxious and ill behaved student body at soccer games? Again last night during their boys playoff soccer match with Bow, they were taunting injured players, calling players vulgarities and telling the ref he "sucked d*@k". For a community that says they are welcoming and tolerant, these types of comments are intolerant and border on hate speech. Lack of leadership at OY I would say. The AD needs to wake up!

Daughters team played there years ago in playoffs. Oyster was clearly better but the fan base was out of control. Worse yet was the fact that coaches were visibly encouraging behavior from student body. Not that our kids were snowflakes but the chants all centered around classless vulgarity.

Your right that it is the AD's responsibility. The behavior took away from both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why is it that Oyster River student body continues to be the most obnoxious and ill behaved student body at soccer games? Again last night during their boys playoff soccer match with Bow, they were taunting injured players, calling players vulgarities and telling the ref he "sucked d*@k". For a community that says they are welcoming and tolerant, these types of comments are intolerant and border on hate speech. Lack of leadership at OY I would say. The AD needs to wake up!
      Been to many HS games for different sports across the state and you typically see the AD sitting with the students. Send an email to the AD copying in the Superintendent asking him/her why nobody shut down this type of behavior.

Comment

Been to many HS games for different sports across the state and you typically see the AD sitting with the students. Send an email to the AD copying in the Superintendent asking him/her why nobody shut down this type of behavior.
        He would rather ride around on his Gator and sit near the benches. He's afraid of the students and parents. OR has been horrible fan and student behavior for over 20 years. This is not news. This is what happens in a town of entitlement.

Comment

This is what happens in a town of entitlement.
          Good lord....

Comment

The right course of action is through AD, Principal and NHIAA if you care to report. Some schools handle fan behavior better than others. It does start with AD but a strictly enforced policy by NHIAA would help.

Comment

No Response

I did send a email to the Principal, AD and NHIAA about this issue. Others sent complaints too. To date I have not received a single response from anyone. In fact not one of them even acknowledged the receipt of the email.

You want to know what we did get? A rebuke email from our own AD saying our school doesn't have the best reputation and therefore we shouldn't throw stones if we live in a glass house. Can you imagine? Talk about a good ole boy Athletic Directors network! Telling us we shouldn't report bad behavior because someone else did something bad in the past. How enlightened.

Rather than call out and address the lack of institutional control by the AD's and administration when this is happening, they would rather stick together and try to deflect.

And don't get me wrong, every school can have bad fans or students at times. I'm talking about AD's and administrators that stand by WHILE it's happening and do NOTHING. Punishment after the fact doesn't solve the problem. In this case the OY AD should have gotten out of his cart and gone over and stood by the fans and ejected anyone who displayed this behavior. And our AD stood right next to him and said nothing. Shameful!!

Comment

I did send a email to the Principal, AD and NHIAA about this issue. Others sent complaints too. To date I have not received a single response from anyone. In fact not one of them even acknowledged the receipt of the email.

You want to know what we did get? A rebuke email from our own AD saying our school doesn't have the best reputation and therefore we shouldn't throw stones if we live in a glass house. Can you imagine? Talk about a good ole boy Athletic Directors network! Telling us we shouldn't report bad behavior because someone else did something bad in the past. How enlightened.

Rather than call out and address the lack of institutional control by the AD's and administration when this is happening, they would rather stick together and try to deflect.

And don't get me wrong, every school can have bad fans or students at times. I'm talking about AD's and administrators that stand by WHILE it's happening and do NOTHING. Punishment after the fact doesn't solve the problem. In this case the OY AD should have gotten out of his cart and gone over and stood by the fans and ejected anyone who displayed this behavior. And our AD stood right next to him and said nothing. Shameful!!
                Agreed! AD should have done something. Good for you for speaking up.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2370349]I did send a email to the Principal, AD and NHIAA about this issue. Others sent complaints too. To date I have not received a single response from anyone. In fact not one of them even acknowledged the receipt of the email.
                  QUOTE]

Curious to see if either AD, Principal or NHIAA official closed out the complaint with a conclusion, resolution, explanation or even an acknowledged 'no action taken.' Or if this is just another big black hole.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2374119]
                    QUOTE]

Curious to see if either AD, Principal or NHIAA official closed out the complaint with a conclusion, resolution, explanation or even an acknowledged 'no action taken.' Or if this is just another big black hole.
                    Black hole. Never heard a peep from anyone.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2374694]

Black hole. Never heard a peep from anyone.
                      Unfortunate. I'm sure you have moved on. And I'm sure that's exactly what they wanted to do as evident in their silence. They'll probably laugh it off over a beer at the next AD meeting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X