Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you positive? Those teams are pulling out of New England NPL? Or will they have an NPL team at U13 and a pre-academy team?

My kid is on one of them. We fully planned on her playing in the New England NPL next year as we will NEVER go DA. No desire on her part or ours. Our club hasn't communicated yet what will happen. We will NOT be driving to NY next year every other week and we will not be playing on a championship level NEP team. Sounds like it's time to call some other clubs.
    Well, if you are looking to avoid out of state travel for the regular season, you will be eliminating this new league, ECNL, and ECNL regional league (NE NPL). That means the top team at NEFC, Stars, Scorpions, SSS is not an option.

Comment

Where are you going to go? You do realize ECNL travel is crazy too? Play local if your kid is in middle school. If she is good enough later, make the jump to an ECNL club. Colleges are not recruiting until high school.
      With ECNL league travel at least its two games per trip against two different clubs. Driving to NJ for one game? No thanks.

Bigger issue is if they are implementing the DA substitution rules.

Comment

With ECNL league travel at least its two games per trip against two different clubs. Driving to NJ for one game? No thanks.

Bigger issue is if they are implementing the DA substitution rules.

I know right? How dare they try to implement rules in place, supported by several scientific studies, that show often playing games back-to-back is unhealthy.

Comment

I know right? How dare they try to implement rules in place, supported by several scientific studies, that show often playing games back-to-back is unhealthy.
          Unless the clubs need to make money on tournament fees, right? Then 3-4 games in 48 hours is no problem.

Comment

Are you positive? Those teams are pulling out of New England NPL? Or will they have an NPL team at U13 and a pre-academy team?

My kid is on one of them. We fully planned on her playing in the New England NPL next year as we will NEVER go DA. No desire on her part or ours. Our club hasn't communicated yet what will happen. We will NOT be driving to NY next year every other week and we will not be playing on a championship level NEP team. Sounds like it's time to call some other clubs.
            You can always choose to stay on your club’s NPL team even if their top team is DA. Ours turned down a spot on the DA team, to play NPL (as did a lot of girls!). Makes our team pretty strong and the cost, travel and commitment is a much better fit than DA or ECNL. Or can you not fathom your top level player playing for the 2nd team?

Comment

Unless the clubs need to make money on tournament fees, right? Then 3-4 games in 48 hours is no problem.
              Bingo

Comment

That's not "substitution rules" but okay. Looks like that DA education component is really paying off.

Comment

You can always choose to stay on your club’s NPL team even if their top team is DA. Ours turned down a spot on the DA team, to play NPL (as did a lot of girls!). Makes our team pretty strong and the cost, travel and commitment is a much better fit than DA or ECNL. Or can you not fathom your top level player playing for the 2nd team?
                  Oh no! Sorry if I wasn't clear. That's actually what we would love to happen. NPL is just the right amount of of money, travel, and commitment for us. We don't care if it's the 2nd team, or whatever. I just meant that our club doesn't have a deep talent pool and no one has told us what is happening to NPL next year. There is talk of moving those teams to another location and if so, we can't drive that far for practice.

Comment

Please provide the citations of the comprehensive studies done by independent, 3rd party research teams. Yeah, there are none. This is garbage put forth originally by ECNL (3:1 ratio) and then by US Soccer for youth soccer. I firmly believe they tout this to keep expenses of travel and refs down and limit on-field time to their home fields where many put 2, 3, or 4 teams out on the same field for practices at the same time. When my kids played DA, there were no qualms about consistent, high intensity small-sided or full-sided scrimmage night after night. Can't get hurt doing that but games are extremely dangerous somehow right? Give me a break. When someone touts something loudly without some type of reasonable proof it is probably because they are profiting from it.

Comment

Oh no! Sorry if I wasn't clear. That's actually what we would love to happen. NPL is just the right amount of of money, travel, and commitment for us. We don't care if it's the 2nd team, or whatever. I just meant that our club doesn't have a deep talent pool and no one has told us what is happening to NPL next year. There is talk of moving those teams to another location and if so, we can't drive that far for practice.
                      I’m guessing Seacoast then? NEFC and SSS will continue to have 2nd team in NPL out of their regular central locations.

Comment

Please provide the citations of the comprehensive studies done by independent, 3rd party research teams. Yeah, there are none. This is garbage put forth originally by ECNL (3:1 ratio) and then by US Soccer for youth soccer. I firmly believe they tout this to keep expenses of travel and refs down and limit on-field time to their home fields where many put 2, 3, or 4 teams out on the same field for practices at the same time. When my kids played DA, there were no qualms about consistent, high intensity small-sided or full-sided scrimmage night after night. Can't get hurt doing that but games are extremely dangerous somehow right? Give me a break. When someone touts something loudly without some type of reasonable proof it is probably because they are profiting from it.
                        http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?scri...72018000500402

Comment

That sounds like a great option right now, let see what the offers are.

Comment

NPL? For girls soccer? Ridiculous.

No reason to be driving all over New England to play a game. Just play within your county and have fun. You parents are crazy.

Comment

NPL? For girls soccer? Ridiculous.

No reason to be driving all over New England to play a game. Just play within your county and have fun. You parents are crazy.
                              Huh? Soccer is a girl's sport in America so I'm not following?

Comment

Huh? Soccer is a girl's sport in America so I'm not following?
                                None of this is necessary for 99.999999999% of the players out there. It's all just a silly little game. Just play within your surrounding towns. No reason for a kid in Peabody to go all the way to Lancaster for a game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X