Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Last year at Surf cup CU 03's beat Surf by 7 then that same Surf team turned around and beat GPS 03's by multiple goals. Just sayin.
    Truth. That's why CU is playing at ECNL Finals weekend and GPS is playing in some 4th-tier rec-level championship.

Comment

Is that the same surf tournament that CU was scheduled to play GPS but called the tournament director that morning and begged to have the game changed after it was posted on the Surf schedule? Sad, this is CU's claim to fame. It was sure disappointing to see the fearful coach resort to schedule manipulation. FYI, since you want to play the who beat who game, GPS turned around and beat the team that won that Surf Cup Championship (where CU finished second to last) a few months later in the game that qualified them for USYS Nationals. That's right, in a game that actually mattered, not some rigged consolation game. If the CU coach had done his research, he would have taken that game last summer and had a chance to gloat about an actual result. They would have beaten GPS that day. Too bad he didn't know that, he wouldn't have needed to call in favors to reschedule. Instead, he felt the need to make up some excuse and now resorts to so-and-so beat so-and-so. Funny, the post above also mentions CU avoiding even friendly competition with GDA. That seems like a recurring theme. Congrats to GDA for attempting to broaden their experience. On the other hand, CU sounds like a great team for big talkers and those lacking confidence. We might consider a switch if my little snowflake's self-esteem is ever damaged or I decide to focus on my water cooler conversation instead of preparing for a world where you can't always hand-pick your competition.
      Show us the proof that this happened? Or are you a liar just like all the rest of the GPS honks?

And USYS mattters? Since when? Are we suddenly back in the '90s? USYS hasn't mattered for girls soccer since 2009.

Comment

Here's the dumbest argument: You would have others believe the narrative that the largest soccer tournament on the west coast accidentally scheduled CU to play the last place team from the lowest division on the final day? The worst team at the tournament. If that's the case, I am sure you immediately contacted them to inform them of the mistake! It's all there for the Oregon soccer world to see and it is quite embarrassing. Too bad you live in a digital world.

Super Black at Surf
        https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...GroupID=622817

For those that don't want to click, here's a summary of the final day matches:
        1st from A played 1st from B
        2nd from A played 2nd from B
        3rd from A played 3rd from B
        4th from A played 4th from B
        1st from C played 1st from D
        2nd from C played 2nd from D
        3RD FROM D PLAYED THE LAST PLACE TEAM FROM B IN THE LOWER WHITE DIVISION

Lower White division at Surf where you find the team CU played on the last day.
        https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...GroupID=622818

Which one doesn't belong? The one involving CU of course. Just a coincidence? I feel bad for the girls and parents at CU who are unaware. Did you tell them that the schedule wouldn't work with your flights? I think you just wanted to have a nice CA barbecue without the stress of competition ruining it. The entire Surf schedule history doesn't have another instance of a team scheduled to play a team from their own division, but instead playing a team from the lower division, let alone the last place team from the lower division.

If I were a parent at CU, I would be asking: Why was the schedule changed at 10AM after showing the two 3rd seeded OR teams from C and D playing each other? Why did EVERY other team in gotsoccer schedule history play the team they were supposed to except CU 03's?
        Pretty clear that GPS didn't want to take the beatdown that they knew was coming (and the subsequent loss of all their players and revenue stream) so they begged on bended knee for the Surf organizers to spare them the shame. Just as likely a story as the one you're telling.

Comment

Pretty clear that GPS didn't want to take the beatdown that they knew was coming (and the subsequent loss of all their players and revenue stream) so they begged on bended knee for the Surf organizers to spare them the shame. Just as likely a story as the one you're telling.
          Exactly. If in fact for the first time in recorded tournament history a team got to pick their opppments, who’s to say it wasn’t GPS doing the picking? Because your upstanding good citizen coach told you it happened the other way? Talk about lol.

Comment

Truth. That's why CU is playing at ECNL Finals weekend and GPS is playing in some 4th-tier rec-level championship.
            Finals? Ha ha. Where's the team that put a 5 spot on CU last weekend?

Comment

Finals? Ha ha. Where's the team that put a 5 spot on CU last weekend?
              The bottom line is both gps ecnl 03 teams were actually at Surf Cup. My kids teams wanted to go but didn’t get in. I wish both gps & ecnl teams the best of luck.

Comment

Exactly. If in fact for the first time in recorded tournament history a team got to pick their opppments, who’s to say it wasn’t GPS doing the picking? Because your upstanding good citizen coach told you it happened the other way? Talk about lol.
                Don't take my word for it. And I am not even arguing with you. This is for all the people being lied to on this site. Check the links and draw your own conclusions. CU played the last place team in the bottom bracket on the final day. GPS played the next team in CU's bracket after the team they were supposed to play, CU, demoted themselves to play the bottom team in the bottom bracket. Which version makes sense, mine or yours? If GPS opted out, wouldn't CU have played the team right behind GPS? That was rhetorical, the answer is yes. That is what directors do when one team messes things up, they try to find the next closest competition, not a team that was destroyed in a lower bracket.

Does that mean that CU tied for last in the bottom bracket of Surf Cup and is now in the ECNL "finals"?

Quit playing the this-team-beat-that-team game. This whole thing came up when someone from CU was bragging about their Surf Cup results and demeaning GPS for theirs.

Comment

Nope, read the post above and tell me which is more likely.

Comment

Show us the proof that this happened? Or are you a liar just like all the rest of the GPS honks?
                    The proof is in plain sight, the Surf folks left it for you. When CU's coach refused to play the game as scheduled, the only option they were given was to play the worst team that was outscored 2-17 in the bottom bracket.

I imagine the conversation went something like this: "You want to decide not to play the team you are scheduled to play? OK, here you go, I will give you the worst team at the entire tourney."
                    Not even the second worst team there. Not the worst in the top bracket. The very worst. That's not a coincidence.

The parents can draw their own conclusions too. Was the coach upset about flying all the say to Surf and then having to play the worst team there as a consolation? Again rhetorical, no he wasn't. Anyone who wasn't running away, and instead had that forced on them would have been furious.

Parents, you should demand your money back from the tournament if you truly believe that was Surf's doing.

Comment

This is funny since CU turned down all offers to scrimmage DA teams this year.
                      Cu does not want to get exposed for being the propaganda sellers they are.

Their teams are all around weak and they are hiding in a watered down Ecnl league.

Until they play some real teams they are simply haters who have been fooled into thinking otherwise.

Comment

And USYS mattters? Since when? Are we suddenly back in the '90s? USYS hasn't mattered for girls soccer since 2009.
                        Let me get this straight. Someone from CU 03 comes on here and brags about their results being better than GPS at Surf. A non-ecnl team wins Surf Cup by beating both ecnl and non-ecnl teams. GPS beats said team in the final game to qualify for USYS nationals. Now Surf Cup doesn't matter and all the teams in USYS are 4th tier? I love ecnl circular logic.

Comment

CU has zero accomplishments.

Their only accomplishments are talking trash about other teams to hide their lack of accomplishments.

GPS is far and away a better team and have always been. They play a harder schedule and will scrimmage anyone.

CU avoids any kind of game that might expose them for what they are.

Ecnl is a diluted weak league behind USYS National League and GDA but the only group of people who try to claim best because of a league is dumb dumbs at cu

Comment

CU ECNL loses to top teams but will settle with the sub par Ecnl teams they play. Just look at their schedule....

They lose to

thorns 05

Eastside 04

GPS 03

Wash t 02

Salmon creek 00

Their 01 team is pretty good but if you ask them they'll tell you they are best in the world.

Comment

The really sad thing is that as your girls get older some of them will play together. And all you are doing is damaging those future relationships when you come on here and spread your poisonous unsubstantiated cockamamie conspiracy theories.

Comment

The really sad thing is that as your girls get older some of them will play together. And all you are doing is damaging those future relationships when you come on here and spread your poisonous unsubstantiated cockamamie conspiracy theories.
                                First,
                                There is no conspiracy theory. Just read the facts. The schedule is there to look at.
                                Second,
                                There is nothing about CU's coach being scared and rearranging schedules that would damage her future relationships with teammates.
                                So for them to play together you must be bringing your daughter to GPS cause mine is never going to CU. At least while they have a guy in charge that patronized politics, lies to recruit, and hides from competition. Must be tough to keep the lies and promises straight that were made to players last year. I feel sorry for the new recruits. Word of advice, try to find out what promises were made to the others before you jump ship to CU.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X