MA soccer recruits at a major disadvantage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since this started as a MA specific thread kids in this area have a huge number of schools of all levels and sizes to chose from that kids in some other parts of the country don't. That enables them to stay within the typical half a day's drive from home most will aim for.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      And are you saying that is a atypical or typical? For a player who is just not ready to decide about college when the D1 schedule dictates - is the D3 process normally conducted senior year?
      I can't speak to "normal" vs. "abnormal" for girls because we're going through the recruiting process for the first time. The typical college admissions/acceptance process though is apply in the Fall of senior year and receive acceptance letters over the winter and make a decision. Seems late for D3 to be still making decisions about schools in the winter, especially since many/most recruits go ED. Again, we're new to the process and trying to figure things out ourselves so I can't say with any confidence "this is the way".

Comment

I can't speak to "normal" vs. "abnormal" for girls because we're going through the recruiting process for the first time. The typical college admissions/acceptance process though is apply in the Fall of senior year and receive acceptance letters over the winter and make a decision. Seems late for D3 to be still making decisions about schools in the winter, especially since many/most recruits go ED. Again, we're new to the process and trying to figure things out ourselves so I can't say with any confidence "this is the way".
        It is a little late for D3 but not outside all norms. You are right most D3 kids apply ED or EA but not all. Coaches sometimes to have to fill unexpected holes if a get doesn't get it.

However, this year's graduating class is a real mess - D3 kids would have used last spring summer/early fall for recruiting but by and large there were no showcases or showcases. If they weren't on coach radar's before the shutdown they really were handicapped. I think that's resulted in final nods being later. I know a few kids that still have things in the works.

Comment

Nah. Had the pleasure of talking with a couple of 04s (juniors) while watching the seniors play a great game this weekend. They were wrapped up, going Ivy and ACC. Like every year the recruit worthy players find themselves with offers, and the parents of the undifferentiated find excuses
          Ivy players aren’t committed, they are committed to the application process. There’s a difference d-bag.

Comment

Ivy players aren’t committed, they are committed to the application process. There’s a difference d-bag.
            Ok. But any commitment.could blow up. Coach leaves, etc.

Comment

No meaningful difference
              Toe-may-toe Toe-mah-toe

Comment

Mass player are at a major disadvantage because their parents are such effing morons.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X