Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any local CVS minute clinic does rapid tests for free w/insurance. Small fee without. In any state. CVS.com and put in your zip code.

Kids can get tested before even returning to their home state.
    Those tests don’t meet the MA.gov regulations

Comment

My hockey player got off a flight back from a Dallas tournament and drove straight to a local game and played.
      Didn't the hockey league finish earlier because of an uptick in Covid cases?

Comment

Didn't the hockey league finish earlier because of an uptick in Covid cases?
        Didnt soccer, basketball, gymnastics, wrestling, baseball, football, golf, swimming .... all do the same out of fear rather than actual covid cases and sciences? Quarantining because of exposure is not transmission.

Comment

Those tests don’t meet the MA.gov regulations
          If they didn't meet MA.gov regulations, then why would MA DPH be distributing the rapid test kits?

Comment

Didnt soccer, basketball, gymnastics, wrestling, baseball, football, golf, swimming .... all do the same out of fear rather than actual covid cases and sciences? Quarantining because of exposure is not transmission.
            no ... hockey was actually worse. they were flouting the rules, using locker rooms, having parties, avoiding contact tracers and had dozens of clusters traced back to them. I have no doubt that if the state was finding clusters coming back to soccer teams (or gymnastics or whatever) that we would have heard from it.

Comment

Any local CVS minute clinic does rapid tests for free w/insurance. Small fee without. In any state. CVS.com and put in your zip code.

Kids can get tested before even returning to their home state.
              Yes, and rapid doesn't meet the state requirement. Oh, and have you checked your local school rules? You will apparently be surprised to learn every town is doing it differently. In some you need to test 5 days after RETURNING to MA and can't attend school in the meantime. And again, rapid doesn't qualify. In one I know of you are out for 10 days regardless. All this, once again, shows that as much as you and I may want this to be easy - it isn't. And certainly nothing the clubs can really navigate to run a season very effectively.

Comment

If they didn't meet MA.gov regulations, then why would MA DPH be distributing the rapid test kits?
                Rapid tests are a tool to potentially catch cases early, but every positive rapid test must be confirmed by a PCR test.

Comment

Whatever I will do what is best for my family. Maybe we quarantine 5 days and get tested, maybe not. So over it. Masks, quarantines, bs bs bs, in the meantime go to Florida and kids playing soccer, masks optional. So you do you. I’ll do what’s best for me. Sick of the Covid Karen’s. What makes you think MA rules are correct? Did you ever think maybe MA rules are totally over the top? Maybe Florida has it right? You are so worried about following the rules here but did you ever question that the rules are widely varied state to state and everyone thinks their rules are right. What makes you think MA politicians are smarter than Florida’s? We really didn’t know so just stop and do your own thing.

Comment

Whatever I will do what is best for my family. Maybe we quarantine 5 days and get tested, maybe not. So over it. Masks, quarantines, bs bs bs, in the meantime go to Florida and kids playing soccer, masks optional. So you do you. I’ll do what’s best for me.
                    The problem with purely selfish thinking like this is that the sooner hospitalizations and deaths go down, the quicker everything will get better for everyone, including your family.

Sick of the Covid Karen’s. What makes you think MA rules are correct? Did you ever think maybe MA rules are totally over the top? Maybe Florida has it right? You are so worried about following the rules here but did you ever question that the rules are widely varied state to state and everyone thinks their rules are right. What makes you think MA politicians are smarter than Florida’s? We really didn’t know so just stop and do your own thing.
                    I don't know that MA politicians are smarter than Florida's, but I do know who seems to be following what the epidemiologists are telling us. What makes you think any politicians (or you) are smarter than the public health experts telling us to take things cautiously?

Comment

The problem with purely selfish thinking like this is that the sooner hospitalizations and deaths go down, the quicker everything will get better for everyone, including your family.

I don't know that MA politicians are smarter than Florida's, but I do know who seems to be following what the epidemiologists are telling us. What makes you think any politicians (or you) are smarter than the public health experts telling us to take things cautiously?
                      Did the epidemiologist suggest that tiny New England states limit travel across borders? Have they weighed in at all about transmission at outdoor soccer events?

Comment

Did the epidemiologist suggest that tiny New England states limit travel across borders? Have they weighed in at all about transmission at outdoor soccer events?
                        I'll start off with a hearty congratulations for the fact that you haven't personally been touched with covid (either getting sick yourself or having a loved one taken early). Way to go!

Now are you are suggesting that they should have done the one thing that you wanted to do? what about everyone else's one thing?

Real people have really died (a lot of them!). And we're almost to the covid-vaccinated phase of our lives. And people are _still_ getting the basics wrong and not seeing how collective sacrifices really are in the collective best interest.

Comment

They don’t care or consider the economy, depression and suicides, stress or anything on the other side. Public health officials are looking at this one way. It’s in their best interests to do so. Remember two weeks to stop the spread. We gave them too much power and they won’t give it back, nor want too.

Comment

Florida has been fairly wide open. California has been a virtual police state. Both have had similar Covid outcomes.

Comment

no ... hockey was actually worse. they were flouting the rules, using locker rooms, having parties, avoiding contact tracers and had dozens of clusters traced back to them. I have no doubt that if the state was finding clusters coming back to soccer teams (or gymnastics or whatever) that we would have heard from it.
                              Pretty sure it was the locker rooms scenario .... probably most needed for hockey, but i am sure they can find alternatives now that they know. I seriously doubt transmission was as a result of the games or practices themselves since a few teams got hit hard but their opponents did not ... poor practices on those teams that I am sure they would now avoid (carpools, lockerrooms ....).

Comment

have been hearing this baloney for over a year .... we are sick of it ... we complied .... multiple times ... it didnt work .... others didnt comply .... similar results .... there is no science. We have exceptionally large sample sizes to prove that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X