Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masks during soccer in neighboring states?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    lol I know you mean well and hate to pick on you but Florida is 10x the state Massachusetts is. WAY WAY better economy. Schools and sports are open. They have a governor that actually thinks for himself and not just takes orders from the democrat leadership like Gov. Parker does. All Parker did was A. act like a king B. just copy Gov. Cuomo and what NY did during the pandemic. How'd that work out for us?????Their vaccine rollout is 50x, no scrap that, 1000X better than Massachusetts. Florida has Tom Brady, and as he always talks about, he wouldn't be caught dead ever again in Massachusetts. He's a Florida guy now with it's BEAUTIFUL 12 month a year weather. Sorry, but your post qualifies as the dumbest post on ts in a week or so.
    hahahahaha this is funny stuff. Yah you gotta love the people that say they wouldn't be caught dead in Florida and base their decision on what political party is running the state. Can you just imagine how miserable it would be to talk to this person who wouldn't want to move to Florida? Your Tom Brady point is classic! Well played my man!

Comment

lol I know you mean well and hate to pick on you but Florida is 10x the state Massachusetts is. WAY WAY better economy. Schools and sports are open. They have a governor that actually thinks for himself and not just takes orders from the democrat leadership like Gov. Parker does. All Parker did was A. act like a king B. just copy Gov. Cuomo and what NY did during the pandemic. How'd that work out for us?????Their vaccine rollout is 50x, no scrap that, 1000X better than Massachusetts. Florida has Tom Brady, and as he always talks about, he wouldn't be caught dead ever again in Massachusetts. He's a Florida guy now with it's BEAUTIFUL 12 month a year weather. Sorry, but your post qualifies as the dumbest post on ts in a week or so.
      Preach my brother 🙌

Comment

They have a governor that actually thinks “only” about himself.
        And you’re right, he doesn’t take orders from the democrat leadership, just from our former dear leader
        Fixed that for you.

Btw, how is Fla between I 95 and I 75?

Comment

don't forget NO state income tax! They don't call our state TAXACHUSETTS for nothing!

Comment

Not the poster - I get why some people love FL. Great weather (except the summer which is intolerable), lower cost of living etc. I've got a lot of family and friends down there. But it comes with a lot of downsides. Transplants aside, many locals aren't the brightest bulbs. The schools are generally very poor (so pay for private school). The few areas with good schools or where many would probably want to live actually aren't "cheap." Culturally it's a bit of wasteland. Tom Brady won't be your neighbor nor will he be playing much longer.

FWIW - neighboring CT, very blue and run by a seemingly incompetent Democrat - is doing very well with vaccinations, currently 4th or 5th with % vaccinated. They just started vaccinating 55+ and teachers.

Comment

They have a governor that actually thinks “only” about himself.
              And you’re right, he doesn’t take orders from the democrat leadership, just from our former dear leader
              Fixed that for you.

Btw, how is Fla between I 95 and I 75?
              just move to another part of Florida then. Florida is way bigger than Massachusetts. If you don't like parts of Florida you don't have to live there. Other than the best hospitals, I couldn't think of 1 reason why to live in Massachusetts? The funny thing is, that Floridians make fun of us all the time. They really consider Mass a 2nd rate state.

Comment

what about much better club soccer in Florida? Outside, 12 months a year practicing. We are on ts so all that should matter is talking soccer so move to Florida to give your kids a better opportunity to thrive in soccer. It must be funny for Florida parents and I'm sure they feel bad for us that we need to go inside to practice for almost 4 months of the year-1/3 of the year!! It's no wonder our ECNL and GA teams get smoked by Florida teams every time they play.

Comment

Not the poster - I get why some people love FL. Great weather (except the summer which is intolerable), lower cost of living etc. I've got a lot of family and friends down there. But it comes with a lot of downsides. Transplants aside, many locals aren't the brightest bulbs. The schools are generally very poor (so pay for private school). The few areas with good schools or where many would probably want to live actually aren't "cheap." Culturally it's a bit of wasteland. Tom Brady won't be your neighbor nor will he be playing much longer.

FWIW - neighboring CT, very blue and run by a seemingly incompetent Democrat - is doing very well with vaccinations, currently 4th or 5th with % vaccinated. They just started vaccinating 55+ and teachers.
                  Actually MA and RI are doing pretty well also, both in the top 10-15. Some of the states with the highest rates per capita have small populations. It simply makes it easier to get people done quickly with smaller populations. Alaska has done great but they have a large system of community health centers. FL is now midtable in terms of % vaccinated, they just started off strong.

Comment

just move to another part of Florida then. Florida is way bigger than Massachusetts. If you don't like parts of Florida you don't have to live there. Other than the best hospitals, I couldn't think of 1 reason why to live in Massachusetts? The funny thing is, that Floridians make fun of us all the time. They really consider Mass a 2nd rate state.
                    That's funny when "Florida Man" memes provide so much content for comedians and newspapers. The average IQ is probably less than 50 in that state.

https://nypost.com/article/crazy-flo...made-the-meme/

Comment

New York you must wear a mask before games, after games and when on the sidelines, but not on the field.
                      If masks were all we had to deal with I'd be happy. I think they don't make sense for soccer but I can definitely live with masks. What is far more problematic are the travel rules.

Comment

MA has: Incredible museums, a rich performing arts scene, a top state for K-12 education, some of the best universities in the country which contribute to local communities in terms of good jobs and local economies, fantastic sports teams, proximity/easy access to other great cities, history, unique and historical architecture, an economy not dependent on a tourism, and many other things. For many people those quality of life factors matter more than low taxes

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough money to live in FL.
                          Ha, You couldn't pay me enough to live in MA...Your state is a disaster

Comment

Ha, You couldn't pay me enough to live in MA...Your state is a disaster
                            Buh Bye FL man

Comment

If masks were all we had to deal with I'd be happy. I think they don't make sense for soccer but I can definitely live with masks. What is far more problematic are the travel rules.
                              CT board said their sports restrictions are being lifted soon. I know NY is easing a lot of the their business restrictions so hopefully sports is in there also. Good signs and will hopefully push MA to do similar

Comment

Buh Bye FL man
                                but but but..... we have lower taxes-oh wait
                                but but but.... we have better weather-oh wait
                                but but but.... we have better youth sports programs-oh wait
                                but but but.... we have better professional sports teams-oh wait
                                but but but.... we can play club soccer outdoors all year-oh wait
                                but but but.... we beat Florida club teams 100% of the time-oh wait
                                but but but.... we have less traffic-oh wait

but but but....we have better museums - winner winner!!!

I think if you took a vote in the entire world where to live between Florida and M******* it would be 80% Florida 20% taxachusetts. It wouldn't even be close!!!! Mic drop!!

See you guys on the soccer field! hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha. I don't even come on this board that much but if interested there is a thread about FC Stars and why they did so bad in the Florida tournament. 1000 posts can be broken down to 1 sentence....it's because all warm weather teams have been outside all year long and it's very tough for a New England team to compete with that. You guys didn't need 1000 posts to figure that out. Good luck though!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X