Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FC Delco thread

So what's the beef between Delco and Europa. No Delco teams playing the Europa Turf Cup. Being that you can't travel over state lines to play tournaments, the Turf Cup is the only tournament worth playing until the end of Spring (PA Classics and Delco tourneys).
    Nothing like putting club pride/insecurities before your players well being..
    Delco aren't doing Jeff Cup either, so nothing until May?.. hmmm..

When is Delco having their ID clinics

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      When is Delco having their ID clinics
      Asking for a FC Bucks friend?

They haven't scheduled any yet. Are teams waiting until May for IDs and tryouts again? I see PF has IDs scheduled for Feb/March.

Comment

Who knows FC Delco team didn't play well at their own showcase in November.

Their girle 05 ecnl team got best by the 05 europa team.

Maybe delco and PF can combine team kinda like the buck/ignite/delco team did to improve.

So what's the beef between Delco and Europa. No Delco teams playing the Europa Turf Cup. Being that you can't travel over state lines to play tournaments, the Turf Cup is the only tournament worth playing until the end of Spring (PA Classics and Delco tourneys).
        Nothing like putting club pride/insecurities before your players well being..
        Delco aren't doing Jeff Cup either, so nothing until May?.. hmmm..

Comment

Asking for a FC Bucks friend?

They haven't scheduled any yet. Are teams waiting until May for IDs and tryouts again? I see PF has IDs scheduled for Feb/March.
          And why do kids on an ECNL team have to get permission from there club if they want to go to another clubs ID clinic, Stupid

Comment

Who knows FC Delco team didn't play well at their own showcase in November.

Their girle 05 ecnl team got best by the 05 europa team.

Maybe delco and PF can combine team kinda like the buck/ignite/delco team did to improve.
            Depends on the team the Delco 06 won their bracket dominating their opponents. All depends on the age group you are talking about. Bottom line way to many clubs and teams in eastern PA and their is not one club demonstrably better than any others.

Comment

And why do kids on an ECNL team have to get permission from there club if they want to go to another clubs ID clinic, Stupid
              That's an ECNL/US Club rule. Nothing to stop ECNL players going to europa clinics etc. But ECNL/RL clubs cant attempt to recruit other ECNL/RL players.

Comment

Very interesting

As soon as a thread was here about PF an FC Delco hate thread popped up

Comment

Don't worry we hate PF, Delco and Buck equally. You all a bunch of arrogant, entitled, asses who all think their kid is the next Mia Hamm or Palusic.

Comment

I don't think anyone is hating on Delco. They are a good club- best facilities in eastern PA, obviously the new ECNL director is doing something right (teams are getting better), good coaches (especially the 06)- things are looking up for them. Just wondering why they still avoid Europa and LMSC like the plague. Those EDP clubs can't offer what Delco offers. Sure you pay a bit extra at Delco but that's to be expected for the above. I don't see why they avoid these local teams though.

Comment

I don't think anyone is hating on Delco. They are a good club- best facilities in eastern PA, obviously the new ECNL director is doing something right (teams are getting better), good coaches (especially the 06)- things are looking up for them. Just wondering why they still avoid Europa and LMSC like the plague. Those EDP clubs can't offer what Delco offers. Sure you pay a bit extra at Delco but that's to be expected for the above. I don't see why they avoid these local teams though.
                      Because their ecnl is only a patch. DELCO teams will take anyone these days and its apparent when they can't beat EDP teams. The only way the local ecnl can compete is to combine two teams together like 05 Buck with former Ignite/Delco players.

Comment

Because their ecnl is only a patch. DELCO teams will take anyone these days and its apparent when they can't beat EDP teams. The only way the local ecnl can compete is to combine two teams together like 05 Buck with former Ignite/Delco players.
                        That isn't anything new. The old Delco teams were good because they had people that were able to bring in good kids, they don't have that anymore. PF are only as good as the kids they bring in too.

Comment

True. PF isn't developing kids any more. They just bring in kids from other clubs each year. Talent is spread out now among a few clubs. Why drive an extra 45 mins to play in the same league on teams that have similar records? Makes no sense.

Comment

FC Delco

Having kids there for 4 years plus, I've seen the quality of the training and coaching staff diminish over the past couple of years. After having my kids train with other local elite clubs, they decided to make the move after seeing what the other clubs offer (better training, quality coaches, game filming, etc.) In my opinion, if your kids can play, Delco would not be my look.

Comment

Having kids there for 4 years plus, I've seen the quality of the training and coaching staff diminish over the past couple of years. After having my kids train with other local elite clubs, they decided to make the move after seeing what the other clubs offer (better training, quality coaches, game filming, etc.) In my opinion, if your kids can play, Delco would not be my look.
                              Sounds about the same as every other PAE ECNL or GA club. I guess we should all just move out of state then.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X