Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You clearly know a lot. Does the better team always win in soccer?
    Referencing a 4-3 loss in PKs is hardly support for your claim when they went on to win world cup and are currently #1 in world. Because US Soccer couldn’t make money doesn’t mean they weren’t motivated by it. So if ECNL money isn’t there then why are all the club owners being labelled as greedy profiteers
    Don’t know or care about ECNL finances, I just responded that if US Soccer was somehow taking business from them, they weren’t making money at it.

I’m not trying to take away from USWNT success, but it’s not written in stone they have to win. Whether it’s Wambach’s late goal in 2001; Morgan’s goal over Canada in a 4-3 win in 2011; PK’s against UK in 2019, there is an element of luck that things have gone their way in the World Cups. The USWNT has improved a lot against European teams since the 1980’s and 1990’s when they weren’t as technical or tactical as those teams, but US Soccer is acutely aware the bar keeps moving to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      And Burger King’s marketing says I can get it my way, but when I open the bag it rarely looks like what I ordered.

USSF can put whatever they want on their website, but in the end if we don’t have teams doing well in World Cup and Olympics, then the donations stop flowing in.
      There are no donations.

US Soccer, sadly, is really only interested in promoting the men's game. Period. That is why it took more than a decade before being shamed into starting a Girls Academy league. Youth soccer is only an interest as a resource for players for MLS and/or for money resulting from professional signings. US Soccer long ago sold its soul to MLS and pretty much all of its funding comes from the assignment/sale of media rights, sponsorship rights and tournament rights to a company controlled by the MLS owners. Nike kicks in about 10 million. Assorted fees from players, player organizations and refs account for another couple million. The rest is tied to MLS ownership groups. Does MLS hate women's soccer -- no. Is MLS interested in having US Soccer promote and develop girls/womens soccer? No. Would MLS let the women's team have Pepsi as a sponsor if MLS had Coke? Nope.

Is the relationship put out to bid regularly? Nope.

It is stupid really.

Comment

Look at what happened up here. Kraft/Rev had chance to keep NWSL in NE area. Did not do it. Keeping Breakers around and having a site that had parking, food venues, nice stadium/seats would have gone a long way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X