Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If there are facts showing that "masks actually work," then why am I starting to hear the drumbeat of "We NeEd To WeAr TwO mAsKs!"? If one is good, two is better? Ha, talk about not questioning the narrative.
    I question why you would seriously doubt that masks work. It's called "physics." By the same physics, two layers of masks probably work better than one. Or, to paraphrase an interesting man, I don't always wear long johns, but when I do I also wear pants over them.

Comment

More of a reason RI needs more teams like Pumas and Ambush. Your not stuck to what your "town" wants you to do. Thanks for posting the above.
      Just shut up with the Pumas and Ambush crap. The parents are such soccer fans they think its worth traveling around the state to win 8-0. Pathetic.

Comment

I don't need to "face it" because you're completely incorrect. I consider myself a left-leaner and I get my news from multiple sources. I also question that narrative when it sounds a little too convenient. It may surprise you that I even go outside now and then to go to (wait for it) a job, or to go to soccer or other deathly risky things (like driving my car to soccer practice).

Meanwhile, I can tell you based on facts that masks actually work. Kick-ins, not so sure about that but if it allows my kids to play soccer then I guess it's fairly minor in the grand scheme of things.
        Don't let the Trump losers fire you up!

Comment

Just shut up with the Pumas and Ambush crap. The parents are such soccer fans they think its worth traveling around the state to win 8-0. Pathetic.
          Hey "townie". If you think driving to a game in RI is considered "traveling" for soccer, then you don't belong here on this thread. Those clubs have had a lot of very competitive games in the last 6 months in RI, so just stop the bandwagon jumping to throw hate at these 2 clubs. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Comment

OP here. Come on guys. Focus. Stay on topic. Stop polluting every thread with this crap. All teams welcome at WWIS -town, club or pick up, it doesn't matter. They need teams. Only a 4 divisions so far with 4 or more teams, which is the minimum number needed to run the session for a division. Only 1 of those divisions is a girls division.

Comment

OP here. Come on guys. Focus. Stay on topic. Stop polluting every thread with this crap. All teams welcome at WWIS -town, club or pick up, it doesn't matter. They need teams. Only a 4 divisions so far with 4 or more teams, which is the minimum number needed to run the session for a division. Only 1 of those divisions is a girls division.
              You are right Ambush and Piumas are infiltrating every thread!
              I hope WWIS gets teams. Try contacting each town if you have time. Our town has done nothing this winter. Maybe if you reach out to the A team travel coaches u12 and up you might get somewhere. Our town though... I’m not sure. I hope so though!!!!

Comment

You are right Ambush and Piumas are infiltrating every thread!
                I hope WWIS gets teams. Try contacting each town if you have time. Our town has done nothing this winter. Maybe if you reach out to the A team travel coaches u12 and up you might get somewhere. Our town though... I’m not sure. I hope so though!!!!

You don't need your town to join the WW league. Contact the parents on your child's team, get t-shirts printed, and join the league. You don't need the town coach to do this, any parent can register a team. And yes, they do infiltrate every thread I agree, but, it does sound like they know what their doing, if you want your child to play at that level.

Comment

You don't need your town to join the WW league. Contact the parents on your child's team, get t-shirts printed, and join the league. You don't need the town coach to do this, any parent can register a team. And yes, they do infiltrate every thread I agree, but, it does sound like they know what their doing, if you want your child to play at that level.
                  Towns we have talked to are just going to practice and scrimmage and may just have friendlies in the spring. Mostly due to virus concerns. Lots of good progress was made in the fall getting teams together and we have talked about expanding the relationships with others.
                  Lots of talk about these quasi thug club teams. We hear they typically enter under all different names. No joy for town teams on a nice weekend going up against teams that are scouting, watching and threatening.

Comment

Towns we have talked to are just going to practice and scrimmage and may just have friendlies in the spring. Mostly due to virus concerns. Lots of good progress was made in the fall getting teams together and we have talked about expanding the relationships with others.
                    Lots of talk about these quasi thug club teams. We hear they typically enter under all different names. No joy for town teams on a nice weekend going up against teams that are scouting, watching and threatening.
                    Nobody is making anybody join a particular league or even play matches in the spring if there are virus or other concerns. There are no teams of 10-year-old thugs roaming around trying to recruit you against your will. People are just putting options out there. If your town is happy with scrimmages and friendlies, and you have some teams in your pool to do it with, then that's great.

Comment

Your post started in the right direction. Then you go hopping on the bandwagon, insulting 9 and 10 year old's that you don't even know. Another misguided "townie". Go play rec soccer then if you don't like the competition part of sports.

Comment

If my town decides to go in that direction, I'm disbanding my team, finding a town team that IS playing to move my kid to, and will recommend other parents do the same.

Comment

Anyone concerned with playing superliga teams made up of club players probably shouldn't enter the top bracket. Pretty much all the teams in that bracket will have a significant number of club players. Our town team is a mix of club and non-club teams and we always finish near or at the top of the bracket. Who cares, move on.

Typically same at WW, but this session will most likely only have 1 level in each age group and very few age groups with enough teams to play. You may need to play your team up a year or two in order to have a bracket to play in as there are only going to be a few age groups. Obviously this will be challenging, especially if your team is not made up of mostly or all club players.

You don't even need t-shirts printed. Just wear the same color and have a backup color. It's not a big deal for a handful of games.

Comment

Anyone know who RI Alliance is? They have a bunch of teams registered at Wide World.

Looks like lots of good teams in the few age groups with enough teams to play.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2910837]Anyone know who RI Alliance is? They have a bunch of teams registered at Wide World.

Believe they are out of Woonsocket

Comment

They don't do anything. The players just show up for extra games and practice only with their club teams. The coaches are busy using it to recruit players to their club teams though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X