Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She obviously wasn't very talented.
    Such a typical TS response.

Comment

BS. If that were even remotely true, why were you foolish enough to pay it for 4 years?
      Thats my EXACT point of saying how i spent soooo much money over 4 years before you jumped all over me and telling me how my kid stinks.

Comment

Thats my EXACT point of saying how i spent soooo much money over 4 years before you jumped all over me and telling me how my kid stinks.
        That is the risk all of us takes, if we look at it like that. I'm going in with the expectation that the money spent will never equate to much of an impact financial wise even if results in a scholarship. The scholarship likely would be partial and even more likely not worth it $ wise. What is worth it though is giving my daughter the confidence to meet and interact with new people, and see no matter how ****ty people can be in her own town at times, that she's able to make lasting connections with people that don't buy into the town drama and value her for her. That even after those connections are made, she can be strong enough to leave them behind and stand on her own two feet again and have the confidence that she'll make new connections and invest in herself. Also It gives her the opportunity to experience a set back or two then get back to work and prove some folks wrong and understand that the power to to that is within her. Stuff like that evens up the cost for me and gives the kid real growth personally especially if your taking DA/ECNL level. What it took to get there becomes part their DNA and they take that with them. No Idiot on here can take that away.

Comment

About $2,500 extra in camps, fees, clinics & event costs.

So north of $7k before travel.
          Yikes! SSS is really that much? Thats too much money

Comment

Does Select offer financial aid for talented players?
            Clubs don’t like when families ask for financial aid. Don’t ask, no matter how much you might need it.

Comment

Clubs don’t like when families ask for financial aid. Don’t ask, no matter how much you might need it.
              As someone who has sought financial aid as a single parent with little means, I found saying nothing about finances until it's actually time to sign a dotted line is best. Can't speak about smaller clubs but FCUSA/STEEL was/is quite accommodating to my son/I. I heard that NEFC is also generous to those who show legit proof of need but I have no doubt others, even big clubs are like we don't need that headache. Unless of course a kid is super talented. Then there'st never an issue I'm sure.

Comment

That is the risk all of us takes, if we look at it like that. I'm going in with the expectation that the money spent will never equate to much of an impact financial wise even if results in a scholarship. The scholarship likely would be partial and even more likely not worth it $ wise. What is worth it though is giving my daughter the confidence to meet and interact with new people, and see no matter how ****ty people can be in her own town at times, that she's able to make lasting connections with people that don't buy into the town drama and value her for her. That even after those connections are made, she can be strong enough to leave them behind and stand on her own two feet again and have the confidence that she'll make new connections and invest in herself. Also It gives her the opportunity to experience a set back or two then get back to work and prove some folks wrong and understand that the power to to that is within her. Stuff like that evens up the cost for me and gives the kid real growth personally especially if your taking DA/ECNL level. What it took to get there becomes part their DNA and they take that with them. No Idiot on here can take that away.
                Therapy may have been less expensive.
                Mainly for you.

Soccer is for soccer players, not those seeking self-help.
                That’s why most of it is a joke.
                We only need 2 clubs in the state...the rest should play town and local ball.

Comment

Wait....what? So, you are saying there are only 40 players per age group in the state worthy of playing club, and the rest should just play town ball?

Seriously?

Comment

My daughter played at select for 4 years and on average it cost $11,000 a year with travel, clinics and of course privates- they get you with privates over there. My daughter is going to be a freshman in college this fall and decided not to play soccer. Cost us almost $50K for her to play at select.
                    are privates mandatory?... for HS, we heard $2800 which is comparable to others...dont know about uniform yet.

Comment

To answer the OP, yes, its the most expensive club in the state by a landslide.

Comment

Therapy may have been less expensive.
                        Mainly for you.

Soccer is for soccer players, not those seeking self-help.
                        That’s why most of it is a joke.
                        I just saw what my daughter went through and saw the value in it outside of just the soccer and was trying to help the other guy not beat himself over his kid quitting. Try not to be a complete DB next time.

Comment

So if the new GAL league isn't ready for the fall is SSS giving a refund for no fall season for all their top teams?

Comment

So if the new GAL league isn't ready for the fall is SSS giving a refund for no fall season for all their top teams?
                            Fall season expectations are the same as for other leagues with players of HS age.

Comment

If you have to ask....

Comment

She was probably better than your son is. Keep up the hard work at Mass City. Should take your son places. My daughter started her last 3 years for the DA team which was one of the best teams in the country. Good luck to your son at Mass City. Hahahaha
                                Sounds like a parent that pushed their kid for DA to "brag" at the nieghborhood party. Worked out well, she didn't even play in college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X