Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unlike CNN or MSNBC? The textbook definition of hype, fictional, propaganda transmitters. Can't call them a news station because they are not.
    When a germaphobe President who can't even be in the same room as someone who sneezes is telling people that it is no worse than the cold and to go to work your mental gymnastics and delusion in following this man are unbelievable.

Comment

When a germaphobe President who can't even be in the same room as someone who sneezes is telling people that it is no worse than the cold and to go to work your mental gymnastics and delusion in following this man are unbelievable.
      Don't we have a political category to vent your TDS, so we can keep the rest of the board out of that realm?

Comment

Don't we have a political category to vent your TDS, so we can keep the rest of the board out of that realm?
        I'm just saying, go to soccer because the President said so.

Comment

Please explain how the hysteria is "coming from the left." I acknowledge that many on the left would welcome anything that makes DT seem incompetent and harms his reelection chances (BTW - I think it's a 75% chance that he gets a 2nd term). However, are the doctors from NIH or scientists at the CDC not telling the facts as they know them? Are they creating the hysteria by providing information? Is there enough known about this virus and its transmission to unequivocally state that there's no threat? I hope you're right, but I trust them and their information much more than I trust you.

And I have zero respect for any info coming from DT, who says that people with infection are going to work (as if that's a good thing), and is using his gut to manage the situation --- instead of using facts. His contempt (poorly masked fear and insecurity, actually) for science and experts and people with deep knowledge may end up costing many lives, unfortunately.

If this thing blows over and turns out to be nothing but another form of flu, we will all be very happy. If it is very serious and we manage to contain it and limit the impact, it will be because we are taking the threat seriously right now. If it turns into a Spanish Flu type of tragedy, you'll wish you listened to experts and watched something other than Fox or DT's twitter feed.
          You are clown. And a dangerous one at that.

Comment

More dangerous than the President telling people who are sick to still go to work?

Comment

Not a very helpful response. Where are the inaccuracies?

Explain - intelligently - where the flaws are in the points I made.

Are you about to claim that DT has a healthy respect for science and subject matter experts? (No, you can't be that stupid)

Are you going to tell me that I'm wrong about the statements being made by Anthony Fauci or Nancy Messonier about the virus, and that they're somehow ignorant compared to the blowhard in the white house who's virtually allergic to knowledge?

He's probably getting a 2nd term, yet you think I'm dangerous?

Comment

Not a very helpful response. Where are the inaccuracies?

Explain - intelligently - where the flaws are in the points I made.

Are you about to claim that DT has a healthy respect for science and subject matter experts? (No, you can't be that stupid)

Are you going to tell me that I'm wrong about the statements being made by Anthony Fauci or Nancy Messonier about the virus, and that they're somehow ignorant compared to the blowhard in the white house who's virtually allergic to knowledge?

He's probably getting a 2nd term, yet you think I'm dangerous?
                If the DOW keeps tanking a second term is not a guarantee. Also, ironically, his base are the most vulnerable to the Coronavirus.

Comment

If the DOW keeps tanking a second term is not a guarantee. Also, ironically, his base are the most vulnerable to the Coronavirus.
                  I agree about the Dow, but would argue that his base is less vulnerable to the virus due to the number of small town, rural, isolated folks that support him in the big red states. The blue base in the major cities is very vulnerable in my admittedly non-expert opinion.

Comment

I agree about the Dow, but would argue that his base is less vulnerable to the virus due to the number of small town, rural, isolated folks that support him in the big red states. The blue base in the major cities is very vulnerable in my admittedly non-expert opinion.

That's my thought as well. The more rural you are, the less likely you'll pass it to one another. And, if the characterizations of "his base" are accurate, they don't have any money to be flying on planes or visiting the big city and being in a more compressed environment.

Comment

The coronavirus is serious, but no more dangerous than the flu. People are acting like the world is ending when for 99% of the people who end up getting it will be perfectly fine. China and Iran have high death rates because they are highly polluted areas with terrible healthcare so there are a lot more people that are going to have severe complications with it. In 1st world nations with large infection counts such as South Korea and Italy it has a very low mortality rate. Most won't even know that they have it if they get it.

As long as the elderly and otherwise health impaired get checked out early if they aren't feeling well, the vast majority of them will be fine as well. The risk isn't zero but it isn't enough to shut down the country over it.

Comment

The coronavirus is serious, but no more dangerous than the flu. People are acting like the world is ending when for 99% of the people who end up getting it will be perfectly fine. China and Iran have high death rates because they are highly polluted areas with terrible healthcare so there are a lot more people that are going to have severe complications with it. In 1st world nations with large infection counts such as South Korea and Italy it has a very low mortality rate. Most won't even know that they have it if they get it.

As long as the elderly and otherwise health impaired get checked out early if they aren't feeling well, the vast majority of them will be fine as well. The risk isn't zero but it isn't enough to shut down the country over it.
                        We have a vaccine for the flu, we currently do not have one for the coronavirus.

Comment

We have a vaccine for the flu, we currently do not have one for the coronavirus.
                          Not for all strains

Comment

Do you or others go to work with a cold? Have you and they done this for years? Exactly. This is a flu.

Comment

Not for all strains
                              That is part of the point.

What people forget in all of this is there is no cure for a virus. None. If you catch it you are literally on your own. Symptoms can be treated but there is no pill to take, not antibiotic. You've got it and your body has got to fight it on its own.

Flu vaccines are predictive. They could miss the mark on the strain some years so you can still catch it.

The only way to keep a virus in check without a vaccine is to not spread it. So all of this talk about mortality rate is nice and all, but just remember, if you catch it, it is your body and your body alone that is left to fight it, mild or not.

Comment

Wrong, dope, crack and meth smokers are the most vulnerable due to their weak lungs. So the democrats should be in panic mode (as they are).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X