Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you can spin it that way, but the fact is the player in the 1st/2nd team will improve the game on the 3rd/4th team. And therefore, potentially have better chances to win it. For a parent in the opposing teams just looks like it really is. Why not move a kid in the fifth team up instead?
    So as an opposing parent, you prefer that your kid doesn’t play against good players? Not smart.

Comment

I'm a Stars ECNL parent. This is obviously complete BS at least at the ECNL level. The fact that ECNL players can play on Regional team is generally used to give playing time to ECNL players who have to sit due to roster limitations. They aren't putting top ECNL players onto regional teams just so those teams can win games. Just isn't happening.
      So what happens to the poor ECNL Regional player who now has to sit when the ECNL player takes her time to get “playing time”? That is BS

Comment

So what happens to the poor ECNL Regional player who now has to sit when the ECNL player takes her time to get “playing time”? That is BS
        Waaaah. If you don't like the situation - leave. Or get better. Your choice - Take some ownership of your situation.

Comment

This. Unless the lower team is very short-handed having players from the higher team show up and take minutes away is not really fair for the kid who would have had those minutes. No verbal gymnastics and twisted logic fixes that. If you're on a roster, are making practices and not dogging it, and are healthy on game day but you aren't dressing then you're on the wrong roster. You should be playing on the lower team. Maybe you can train with the higher team in addition to your team and develop to the point where you will dress for every game, maybe not.

Comment

So as an opposing parent, you prefer that your kid doesn’t play against good players? Not smart.
            hope you think ECNL-R players are "good" players. As a matter of fact, I think they are great players. Those rosters sometimes are 20+ and I'd think they know before hand if they aren't playing a given weekend. They signed up for that, deal with that. Not cool to take someone's spot in the lower teams...

Comment

hope you think ECNL-R players are "good" players. As a matter of fact, I think they are great players. Those rosters sometimes are 20+ and I'd think they know before hand if they aren't playing a given weekend. They signed up for that, deal with that. Not cool to take someone's spot in the lower teams...
              Do you feel the same way when a Red Sox pitcher goes down to Pawtucket to get some innings in?

Before you answer, think it through in your head, if you sound like a whiney snot in your head, don’t bother sharing.

Comment

Sorry. It's unethical. Plain and simple. Anyone trying to argue otherwise is part of the youth sports problem.

Comment

Do you feel the same way when a Red Sox pitcher goes down to Pawtucket to get some innings in?

Before you answer, think it through in your head, if you sound like a whiney snot in your head, don’t bother sharing.
                  That's such a ding dong comment, comparing youth sports with pro?.

If my kid gets play time cut because of a new teammate or someone else playing better in the team, so be it, time to step it up. But if some else not in the team takes play time, that's not right.

Comment

One is getting paid as a job. The other is paying.
                    How do you not get that?

Comment

That's such a ding dong comment, comparing youth sports with pro?.

If my kid gets play time cut because of a new teammate or someone else playing better in the team, so be it, time to step it up. But if some else not in the team takes play time, that's not right.
                      It’s the same. Your club sees you as a farm team. When you acknowledge that, you will understand why they do what they do.

The main team is what they sell. They will do whatever it takes to improve that roster. The kids at the bottom of the Regional roster are expendable to them.

This may hurt your feelings or offend your sense of fairness, but they don’t care.
                      Type away your anger at me if you want, but I’m just the messenger.

Comment

One is getting paid as a job. The other is paying.
                        How do you not get that?
                        You are the one railing against your coaches actions. Are you sure I’m the one who doesn’t get it?

Comment

That's just the way ECNL is structured. Rosters can be mixed freely. If the player from the upper team who had lack of playing time were to be moved down at the end of the season, they'd likely be taking someone's spot in the lower team permanently anyway.

Nobody would be feeling sorry if they were moved up on a given weekend and took someone's spot on the higher team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X