Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blame hockey

"Joint Statement From the Offices of Governors Lamont, Baker, Mills, Murphy, Raimondo, Scott, and Sununu on Extending the Suspension of Interstate Youth Hockey
    (HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont of Connecticut, Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts, Governor Janet Mills of Maine, Governor Phil Murphy of New Jersey, Governor Gina Raimondo of Rhode Island, Governor Phil Scott of Vermont, and Governor Chris Sununu of New Hampshire today announced an extension of the suspension of interstate youth hockey competitions for public and private schools and youth hockey leagues through at least March 31, 2021. The prohibition will not impact interstate collegiate, professional, or U.S. national team hockey activities, which will remain subject to existing health and safety protocols and/or restrictions.

The states previously announced a regional suspension through at least January 31, 2021, due to coronavirus outbreaks associated with the conduct of interstate youth hockey activities. As public health data continues to evolve, the states will reassess the need for continued restrictions on interstate sports activities"

https://portal.ct.gov/Office-of-the-...e-Youth-Hockey

I do know several hockey players who have been going across states all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sort of. RI teams can leave to the state to play, but out-of-state teams still can't come in. It's absurd.

"All sports organizations, teams and groups are prohibited from participating in tournaments, matches, games, competitions, camps, clinics and practices with out-of-state teams or sporting groups in Rhode Island..."
      Hhhmmm, I thought this had been changed. This is from the updated RI youth sports guidance too:
      "Interstate Sporting Events: Interstate sporting activities are allowed to resume with sports teams and groups from states that are not on currently on the list of communities that have a high community spread rate." (MA is not on the prohibited list due to its low positive rate)

Comment

RI teams are not participating in MA tournaments.
        They can't per State of Massachusetts

Comment

Hhhmmm, I thought this had been changed. This is from the updated RI youth sports guidance too:
          "Interstate Sporting Events: Interstate sporting activities are allowed to resume with sports teams and groups from states that are not on currently on the list of communities that have a high community spread rate." (MA is not on the prohibited list due to its low positive rate)
          Only applies to high schools not youth sports and clubs. That’s from RI inter scholastics league.

Comment

sorry - I was just practicing my statement when I go in front of the judge for breaking the rules to send my daughter to the scorpions practices....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X