where did the millions of covid dollars go that clubs claimed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked up the 990 for a few clubs. The good ones have a good business, but I don't think anyone in MA should be shocked that the "owner" of an entity with ~$6M in annual revenue pays himself just over $200K.

Fact is, there simply is not the malfeasance nor the fleecing of the public that the OP wants us to believe. My take: OP sounds like the jealous owner of a struggling club

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Have you reviewed the form 990's of the big clubs that are non-profits (which happen to be most of them)? Of course, the 2020's aren't on file yet but you can check out a fair amount of detail about club finances from the publicly available IRS forms they file, including what they pay their officers and directors, aggregate spend on salary etc. And, FYI, there are no real "owners" for those clubs. I'm not saying they're behaving perfectly by any stretch but rather than speculating with no info I'm just pointing out you do actually have some readily accessible information available.
      certain club collected full incoming money so no drop in income due to pandemic. Had a lot less expenses as field costs/tournaments etc was cancelled. So had more money coming in but collected all the covid money event though making additional profits. still time to do the right thing

Comment

where did the millions of covid dollars go that clubs claimed - not sure how they can if no reduction in fees
        What millions are you referring to exactly?

Comment

I looked up the 990 for a few clubs. The good ones have a good business, but I don't think anyone in MA should be shocked that the "owner" of an entity with ~$6M in annual revenue pays himself just over $200K.

Fact is, there simply is not the malfeasance nor the fleecing of the public that the OP wants us to believe. My take: OP sounds like the jealous owner of a struggling club
          sounds like someone who is concerned about all the fraud associated with this program and rightly so

Comment

sounds like someone who is concerned about all the fraud associated with this program and rightly so
            Hahahah...you're an idiot. He is actually refuting your statement and saying there isn't fraud.

Comment

Hahahah...you're an idiot. He is actually refuting your statement and saying there isn't fraud.
              How much did each team get?

Comment

These entities need to worry about the feds, not TS posters.

Comment

Screw the Covid Money. What about all the tournament fees and tuition paid up front for the spring season that never happened. I’d love to know which clubs gave money back to struggling families or at a minimum offered to carry it over to this season (and how much)? I can speak for Select when I say we were given a “discount” towards this season however racketeer LL raised tuition more than the discount was. Then we were told tournament fees would carry over to this season. Nope. We have paid for tournaments this year and didn’t go to Jefferson Cup so tack on another unreimbursed tournament fee. Funny that I was out of work and struggling, watching my kid do bull**** zoom training after a month and a half of nothing so LL could justify keeping my money and buy her new car and beach house.

Comment

I would hope any covid bailouts went to pay the underpaid coaches

Comment

where did the millions of covid dollars go that clubs claimed

I would hope any covid bailouts went to pay the underpaid coaches
                      why? what coach do you know (coaching a youth soccer team) treats this job as a career and or his main source of income?

do you think any these youth soccer coaches sit around the club house all day waiting for kids to get out of school to be trained for 90 minutes?

In summary, Most (if not all) these coaches have a real job during the day.

Comment

Screw the Covid Money. What about all the tournament fees and tuition paid up front for the spring season that never happened. I’d love to know which clubs gave money back to struggling families or at a minimum offered to carry it over to this season (and how much)? I can speak for Select when I say we were given a “discount” towards this season however racketeer LL raised tuition more than the discount was. Then we were told tournament fees would carry over to this season. Nope. We have paid for tournaments this year and didn’t go to Jefferson Cup so tack on another unreimbursed tournament fee. Funny that I was out of work and struggling, watching my kid do bull**** zoom training after a month and a half of nothing so LL could justify keeping my money and buy her new car and beach house.
                        Are you still there?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2932068]why? what coach do you know (coaching a youth soccer team) treats this job as a career and or his main source of income?

do you think any these youth soccer coaches sit around the club house all day waiting for kids to get out of school to be trained for 90 minutes?

In summary, Most (if not all) these coaches have a real job during the day.[/QUOTEMONEY

Money is all going to owners - they are getting very rich in many ways from soccer

Comment

Are you still there?
                            Yes but are done after this ****show of a year. Felt it was the only way to recoup money from last year. We made the wrong decision as we were obviously lied to. Like I said, tournament fees weren’t refunded and no money from the spring season was truly put towards this seasons fees. So back to my original question. What did other clubs give back to their families during covid? Was it a club soccer thing to screw struggling families or just Select?

Comment

Yes but are done after this ****show of a year. Felt it was the only way to recoup money from last year. We made the wrong decision as we were obviously lied to. Like I said, tournament fees weren’t refunded and no money from the spring season was truly put towards this seasons fees. So back to my original question. What did other clubs give back to their families during covid? Was it a club soccer thing to screw struggling families or just Select?
                              Most soccer clubs around here have zero interest in the kids, all just money = sucks

Comment

Most soccer clubs around here have zero interest in the kids, all just money = sucks
                                At least at the ownership level this is true. It's a business and your kid is player #142, a line item on a spread sheet. Many coaches do care about their players and have hated what's happened the last year, but they're not in a position to do anything about it or even speak up. They're just trying to survive. The system beats the caring out of many of them. I've zero doubt they don't want big rosters, don't want to take kids the know don't belong, but at some clubs it's basically a quota system. Because there's a constant fresh supply of new customers there's little pressure for clubs to change how they operate.

That's why you need to always look out for your kids, not stay loyal to a club because they aren't loyal to you. Stay loyal to a coach before a club. If you find a good one stick with him/her. Be willing to walk away if your club isn't delivering on customer satisfaction. Just be sure before you do that ask yourself why you're unhappy and do more research before jumping ship.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X