Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting the Best Team

Does selecting the best teams in the club to coach make a club director a great coach?

No, it makes him the smartest coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No, it makes him the smartest coach.
      Or most desperate.

Comment

No, just the "bestest coaches"

Does selecting the best teams in the club to coach make a club director a great coach?
        You can tell if a DoC is an actual Coach or not if he actually coaches a team that can use his god given talent.

Most don't however to continue the mystique of being "the best."

I actually had great reverence for a DoC with years of experience until I coached with him.

He didn't connect with his players and didn't notice inconsistencies or nuances in their game.

Comment

MJ, Kobe.....or he thought Carmelo

Glad you brought this up, I call this the Phil Jackson style of coaching.

Comment

Glad you brought this up, I call this the Phil Jackson style of coaching.
            Too many times I've seen where the coach is as only as good as the talent on the team. Sometimes you must deal with it, unfortunately. The reality is, a player will only have a few great coaches during his/her career.

Comment

Too many times I've seen where the coach is as only as good as the talent on the team. Sometimes you must deal with it, unfortunately. The reality is, a player will only have a few great coaches during his/her career.
              A few? A player would be lucky if they got one great coach!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X