Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe the THUSC ECNL teams stand a chance of winning a game or two then. It sure doesn't happen in ECNL play.
    After tryouts, it's going to be even worse for them.

Comment

Updates

Some changes. Added Portland Cup on 7/31, hosted by FC Portland. Appears Cascadia Challenge may have been cancelled - info is gone from Eastside's website.

5/23 Rogue Memorial
      6/26 Capital Cup (Salem)
      6/26 Clash at the Border
      7/10 United Cup
      7/10 PCU Summer Classic
      7/10 Adidas Cup (Eugene)
      7/17 Beaverton Cup
      7/24 Nike Cup
      7/31 Portland Cup - new addition
      8/7 Chinook Cup
      8/7 Bend Cup
      8/14 Cascadia Challenge - cancelled???
      8/14 Mt. Hood Challenge (U11-14)

Comment

You got your wish and capital fc timbers added a 3v3 tournament this June, unfortunately same scheduling issue as it's the same day as the Eugene one.
        Link please?

Comment

Link please?
          http://www.3v3live.com/page/show/155...une-6-salem-or

Comment

I think BSC has one at OES too.

http://www.3v3live.com/page/show/108...13-portland-or

Comment

My view of tournaments has really changed over the years, and based on the talent level. My 2 kids were at 2 different levels. The first one was an A team player on a pretty good team. They chose their tournaments based on wanting to play top teams every chance they got. Unfortunately in this area that really limited the tournaments we could choose. Nike cup, adidas cup were usually the first two we would choose as far as top talent went. Mt. Hood has too many wannabe teams go so we would get 2 blow out games then finally get a good game. Plus the travel between fields was rough on us. Outside of the nike cup and adidas we would usually do 1-2 seattle tournaments.

On the flip side my other son played for a B team, and since theres more teams around at that B level its easier to find good games. At that point it became less about the talent levels of the tournaments and more about the experience of the tournaments. For that team tournaments like PCU (all games were at delta park), Bend (fun time for the family), ect were the types of tournaments we liked to go for this team.

How oregon is going I am all for less tournaments now (no more than 3-4 period, I am wanting 3 this year) and if I'm an A team player on a good team, only 1 Oregon tournament, and then travel to seattle for the other ones. Playing just 3 tournaments while doing that will at least get the competition to make it worth traveling. For my other son the B team player I hope we stick to 3 also, but I hope the coach picks tournaments that we have had good experiences.

Comment

Don't forget for U12 Washington and California are staying 11v11 so going to miss out on that competition as well this summer.

Comment

So the Oregon/SWWA tourney landscape seems to have changed a bit this year. Starting later and some interesting conflicts:

5/23 Rogue Memorial
                  6/26 Capital Cup (Salem)
                  6/26 Clash at the Border
                  7/10 United Cup
                  7/10 PCU Summer Classic
                  7/10 Adidas Cup (Eugene)
                  7/17 Beaverton Cup
                  7/24 Nike Cup
                  8/7 Chinook Cup
                  8/7 Bend Cup
                  8/14 Cascadia Challenge

Seems like having 3 tournaments on 7/10 can't be the greatest idea in the world. And what was Eastside thinking to put their tourney directly up against Mt. Hood?
                  Forgot the portland cup. It's being re-instated now that the turf is resurfaced at liberty.

Comment

Some changes. Added Portland Cup on 7/31, hosted by FC Portland. Appears Cascadia Challenge may have been cancelled - info is gone from Eastside's website.

5/23 Rogue Memorial
                    6/26 Capital Cup (Salem)
                    6/26 Clash at the Border
                    7/10 United Cup
                    7/10 PCU Summer Classic
                    7/10 Adidas Cup (Eugene)
                    7/17 Beaverton Cup
                    7/24 Nike Cup
                    7/31 Portland Cup - new addition
                    8/7 Chinook Cup
                    8/7 Bend Cup
                    8/14 Cascadia Challenge - cancelled???
                    Eastside cancelled the Cascadia Challenge because they couldn't compete for teams with Mt. Hood Challenge or with the other Rec tournament, WT_FC Summerslam, just a couple weeks later.

Comment

Eastside cancelled the Cascadia Challenge because they couldn't compete for teams with Mt. Hood Challenge or with the other Rec tournament, WT_FC Summerslam, just a couple weeks later.
                      Interesting that the Mt Hood Challenge is run by Mike Morris/Val and they do all of the OYSA Timbers scheduling and they moved their tournament to basically shutdown the Eastside Timbers tournament. Kind of seems like a conflict of interest.

Comment

Interesting that the Mt Hood Challenge is run by Mike Morris/Val and they do all of the OYSA Timbers scheduling and they moved their tournament to basically shutdown the Eastside Timbers tournament. Kind of seems like a conflict of interest.
                        It's OK. We all wear the axe patch.

Comment

Mt. Hood Challenge is organized by those two but they are paid to do it by Willamette United. Cascadia Challenge was likely a money drain on Eastside anyway - very few teams and most of those were freebies to fill the brackets.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X