Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The REAL cost of ECNL = $5,561.16

Many naysayers will want you to believe that ECNL is upwards of $10K. I have kept meticulous notes and have our ECNL cost. Keep in mind that there may be additional coast as I know our 16s (Onyx) went to NorCal in November and stayed in FL an extra 3 or 4 days for NPL Showcase. All Showcase fees are $1,000 and our players cost is 1/18th (these events bring in more than 2-3x the coaches and are about 30% less than Surf. All Coach/Manager coast are 1/18th.

Keep hating, but these are the facts

ECNL Dues 2000

Uniform Kit 411

Florida Showcase:
    Air 750
    Lodging 118.86
    Meals 46
    Showcase Fee 55.55
    Coach/Mgr 134.67
    rental van 45.75 1150.83

TX Showcase:
    Air 318
    Lodging 115.58
    Meals 77.77
    Showcase Fee 55.55
    Coach/Mgr 95.29
    rental van 49.5 711.69

San Diego
    Air 241
    Lodging 119.25
    Meals 70.84
    Showcase Fee 55.55
    Coach/Mgr 94.82
    rental van 61 642.46

Seattle
    Lodging 135.66
    Meals 75 210.66

NorCal
    Air 218
    Lodging 59.5
    Meals 38
    Coach/Mgr 60.77
    rental van 58.25 434.52

Total 5561.16

Nice. This is similar to our experience. Expensive but not to the degree that the troll would have you believe.

Comment

It's not bad when you leave out some of the trips. Apparently you are one of the families who chooses the showcase events and select (meaning home and norcal) league games but leaves those pesky trips to Utah and back up to Seattle to the "lesser girls". Let's see, I want ECNL, but I only want the premier events and the low or no cost league games or the league games where coaches of interest will be attending.

Comment

San Diego is roughly the same cost as Texas but clearly a bigger value since it's likely that they will actually play games in San Diego.

Comment

So about $6,000 for some of the trips. How much for the rest?

What did you personally spend to travel?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Many naysayers will want you to believe that ECNL is upwards of $10K. I have kept meticulous notes and have our ECNL cost. Keep in mind that there may be additional coast as I know our 16s (Onyx) went to NorCal in November and stayed in FL an extra 3 or 4 days for NPL Showcase. All Showcase fees are $1,000 and our players cost is 1/18th (these events bring in more than 2-3x the coaches and are about 30% less than Surf. All Coach/Manager coast are 1/18th.

ECNL Dues 2000

Uniform Kit 411

Florida Showcase:
            Air 750
            Lodging 118.86
            Meals 46
            Showcase Fee 55.55
            Coach/Mgr 134.67
            rental van 45.75 1150.83

TX Showcase:
            Air 318
            Lodging 115.58
            Meals 77.77
            Showcase Fee 55.55
            Coach/Mgr 95.29
            rental van 49.5 711.69

San Diego
            Air 241
            Lodging 119.25
            Meals 70.84
            Showcase Fee 55.55
            Coach/Mgr 94.82
            rental van 61 642.46

Seattle
            Lodging 135.66
            Meals 75 210.66

NorCal
            Air 218
            Lodging 59.5
            Meals 38
            Coach/Mgr 60.77
            rental van 58.25 434.52

Total 5561.16

Not arguing your costs, obviously they are quite detailed. You are all missing the forest for the trees.

The amount of time spent arguing over "is it $6,000? or is it $8,000?" doesn't really mean anything or win anyone over.

Instead of obsession on the dollars, what do you get for it? If all you can show is it cost less than others argued you aren't going to win many over.

Bottom line there are two options,

ECNL is more expensive but more likely to bring widespread exposure. If a girl is looking at a top 10 school or a national level school tho sis definitely the way to lean.

If a girl is looking at staying in State, the Thorns option may be better it also has a focus on exposure at showcases etc, but it is defintely more local. Cost is also about half if you compare full package to full package.

Bentley doesn't apologize for being the high end of the market, they just discuss all that they provide. I have never heard a Bentley salesman argue "I can't can't believe they keep saying our GT is $280,000, dang it look over here it is only $230,000"

Comment

If you want referees add $800 to that budget. Sold separately.

Comment

So about $6,000 for some of the trips. How much for the rest?

What did you personally spend to travel?
                Add about $800 per event for parent travel. Thats obviously not included.

Comment

ECNL Dues 2000

Uniform Kit 411

Florida Showcase:
                  Air 750
                  Lodging 118.86
                  Meals 46
                  Showcase Fee 55.55
                  Coach/Mgr 134.67
                  rental van 45.75 1150.83

TX Showcase:
                  Air 318
                  Lodging 115.58
                  Meals 77.77
                  Showcase Fee 55.55
                  Coach/Mgr 95.29
                  rental van 49.5 711.69

San Diego
                  Air 241
                  Lodging 119.25
                  Meals 70.84
                  Showcase Fee 55.55
                  Coach/Mgr 94.82
                  rental van 61 642.46

Seattle
                  Lodging 135.66
                  Meals 75 210.66

NorCal
                  Air 218
                  Lodging 59.5
                  Meals 38
                  Coach/Mgr 60.77
                  rental van 58.25 434.52

Total 5561.16
                  The FC Portland travel costs are much higher per trip.

Comment

Add about $800 per event for parent travel. Thats obviously not included.
                    Yes that makes it 8 to 10 thousand! It is it really is!
                    This site has said 8 to 10 thousand for ever. Hope this finally puts this issue to rest.....FOREVER....FOREVER...forever.....f...o... r...e...ver!
                    Your killing me Smalls!

Comment

Closer to 15k if you actually include all the events and parent travel. Glad I could clear this up.

Comment

Closer to 15k if you actually include all the events and parent travel. Glad I could clear this up.
                        Thanks. I've been trying to sift through all the garbage on this issue. I appreciate someone making it clear.

Comment

It's not bad when you leave out some of the trips. Apparently you are one of the families who chooses the showcase events and select (meaning home and norcal) league games but leaves those pesky trips to Utah and back up to Seattle to the "lesser girls". Let's see, I want ECNL, but I only want the premier events and the low or no cost league games or the league games where coaches of interest will be attending.
                          My daughter has traveled to every event as well as every healthy player. The only event that is not included is our upcoming trip to Utah, but I am guessing it will be very similar to the NorCal trip. I left out because I am not sure of hotel cost and transportation. Our team saves money on meals by catering meals and grocery shopping vs going to restaurants and we book our flights thru a group booking that does not go thru the club

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            add about $800 per event for parent travel. Thats obviously not included.
                            lmao.

Comment

She could use the break.

Yes that makes it 8 to 10 thousand! It is it really is!
                              This site has said 8 to 10 thousand for ever. Hope this finally puts this issue to rest.....FOREVER....FOREVER...forever.....f...o... r...e...ver!
                              Your killing me Smalls!
                              First if you are a parent who is stalking your 15 year or older daughter on every out of town trip she is going to end up with issues....just like you!

Second the costs of parent travel have always been acknowledged as an EXTRA just like they ARE with you stalking your Thorns Academy daughter :<)

Most, and I mean most, ECNL parents only go to one regular season away trip requiring a plane ticket and the national play offs.

The all in PLAYER costs for the 16's and 17's have not been totaled yet but look like they are going to beat $7,500. Yes if mom and dad are going to all the away games they will spend $10K.

Similarly, if you are going to stalk your daughter to all of the away Thorns games you are going to spend $5.5K. It all comes down to perceived value......number of quality games and quality of college exposure.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X