Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great comeback. Similar to my 2nd grader, only slightly dumber.
    That's what you get here. 2nd grade level discussions.

With that, as to the title of this thread... FC portland is better. Way better. Don't consider crossfire unless you have inferior talent.

Comment

Great comeback. Similar to my 2nd grader, only slightly dumber.
      Given that your original statement was something from 1st grade, you got what you deserved. And you continue to prove you are a moron.

Comment

Not only are you kidding but you are a moran.
        What is a moran?

Comment

What is a moran?
          Don't know where your quote came from? I see a similar quote, but moron is spelled correctly.

Comment

Thusc crossfire...if you want to be developed.

Fcp if you are gullible and believe the used car sales coaches and parents.

Fcp: recruits. Thusc: develops.

Comment

Are there different cultures at these two clubs? Which are the strongest at each of the age groups? We are looking at potential participation next year for our daughter. Thanks
              As you have seen in the short duration of your post, this site will provide some value buried in a lot of garbage. Like previous posters I agree contact the DOC's, however I would do it differently.

Your ultimate questions are is it a good place for your daughter to develop, is it a place you can stand to be around the other parents, and is it well enough administered that you won't want to go hit your head on a rock all the time.

So ask the DOC, and judge if he is forthcoming or not. Ask him to introduce you to some parents you can talk to, ask him to introduce you to someone who will tell you both sides of the club, put some tough questions to him. Bottom line you won't get all of them answered, but you will get an impression of him as a person. What does your gut tell you? Do you trust what you hear?

The other good place about where you are is you are trying to choose between two options. You don't need to determine if you would marry the Doc and send the rest of your life with them, just which one of two is a better fit for you.

If you want to go deeper, be sure to be introduced to the coaches who will coach your daughters age group. Ask to meet parents at the age group, if at any point you feel people are evading your questions, I would ask why and let that be my driver.

Hopefully that helps.

Comment

As you have seen in the short duration of your post, this site will provide some value buried in a lot of garbage. Like previous posters I agree contact the DOC's, however I would do it differently.

Your ultimate questions are is it a good place for your daughter to develop, is it a place you can stand to be around the other parents, and is it well enough administered that you won't want to go hit your head on a rock all the time.

So ask the DOC, and judge if he is forthcoming or not. Ask him to introduce you to some parents you can talk to, ask him to introduce you to someone who will tell you both sides of the club, put some tough questions to him. Bottom line you won't get all of them answered, but you will get an impression of him as a person. What does your gut tell you? Do you trust what you hear?

The other good place about where you are is you are trying to choose between two options. You don't need to determine if you would marry the Doc and send the rest of your life with them, just which one of two is a better fit for you.

If you want to go deeper, be sure to be introduced to the coaches who will coach your daughters age group. Ask to meet parents at the age group, if at any point you feel people are evading your questions, I would ask why and let that be my driver.

Hopefully that helps.
                Thanks as this is very good insight. I agree about contacting the DOCs. I tried and we were given generic information and when we could anticipate tryouts. For the most part it really doesn't matter so long as she is happy and I am not miserable. I would suspect that whichever choice we make there will likely be changes down the road. Unfortunately neither are convenient.

Comment

Thanks as this is very good insight. I agree about contacting the DOCs. I tried and we were given generic information and when we could anticipate tryouts. For the most part it really doesn't matter so long as she is happy and I am not miserable. I would suspect that whichever choice we make there will likely be changes down the road. Unfortunately neither are convenient.
                  Oh, so you spoke to the DOC and it turned out that he wasn't really forthcoming with good information? Gee, and those people who said it was a waste of time to speak with the DOC were really full of it, weren't they?

Comment

Given that your original statement was something from 1st grade, you got what you deserved. And you continue to prove you are a moron.
                    Go back and re-read your OP to which I responded. I rest my case D bag. The level of stupid here never ceases to amaze me but you take the prize. Congrats on your first gold medal.

Comment

Thusc crossfire...if you want to be developed.

Fcp if you are gullible and believe the used car sales coaches and parents.

Fcp: recruits. Thusc: develops.
                      THUSC develops what? Answer: Wannabe FCP players.

Comment

Are there different cultures at these two clubs? Which are the strongest at each of the age groups? We are looking at potential participation next year for our daughter. Thanks
                        It's not about the clubs as much as it is about the COACH who will be spending time with your daughter. Interview the coach or coaches who are supposed to be coaching her next year.

Comment

Go back and re-read your OP to which I responded. I rest my case D bag. The level of stupid here never ceases to amaze me but you take the prize. Congrats on your first gold medal.
                          I already read it once and it was completely stupid the, why waste time re-reading stupidity? Clearly you went without oxygen for too long after you were born. Or is it caused by a gene?

Comment

I already read it once and it was completely stupid the, why waste time re-reading stupidity? Clearly you went without oxygen for too long after you were born. Or is it caused by a gene?
                            I'm surprised you can read.

Comment

Exactly

It's not about the clubs as much as it is about the COACH who will be spending time with your daughter. Interview the coach or coaches who are supposed to be coaching her next year.
                              Yes your DD will not be spending her time with the "club" but with an individual whose individual temperament and approach to the game is going to determine her level of enjoyment and the growth of her game. Talk with the coach and then talk to parents on that team. This foot work will be more valuable than anything else you can do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X